GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

How do u guys do it??

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-12, 05:24 PM
KingGS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do u guys do it??

Soo im 25 yrs old and i live with my gf and our 3months old daughter. She gets pist wen i order parts for my Gs300 she says im just wasting my money. Im a full on car enthutiast been in the honda game for a while and now i have my lexus and its just something that lives in my blood.How do u guys manage to get soo much baller stuff for ure cars and not dig ureself in a whole with ure gf or wives?
Old 03-07-12, 05:31 PM
21SF
Driver

Good job and some *****

Ok job and lies

Sponserships

Straight up ballin....
Old 03-07-12, 05:33 PM
KingGS
Rookie

Ha! i got both lol
Old 03-07-12, 05:35 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

You only mod your car if you can afford it. It would be extremely foolish to dig yourself into a financial hole with a new born and gf to take care of. Your family will always come first. Make sure they are well taken care of and everyone is happy. When everyone is happy it shouldn't be a problem to spend some spare change on the GS once in a while. A good paying job doesn't hurt either .
Old 03-07-12, 05:50 PM
KingGS
Rookie

I dont sacrifice my family to get stuff for my gs.Its just a hobby that i love but she says im too old for this stuff and i need to grow up that this was suppose to be a family car. WICH IT STILL IS MAY I ADD!! With some nice lil mods
Old 03-07-12, 06:00 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by puff
Your family will always come first.
^^^ This!
Old 03-07-12, 06:09 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Car is paid for, I can buy a new mercedes with the money I make but I choose to spend it on my car. My wife and I have a deal, Mortgage paid, food on the table, some spending money for her and the kids....I can have my toys.
Old 03-07-12, 06:17 PM
bluwagun
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh of course most important family first and just take your time with your build. I know how it can get, having that itch wanting to mod your car. For some of us it wasn't over night, it took some time from stacking chips and hustling are way through the game. For me I'm still far from where I would like to be, but I was able to mod my car where I can be satisfied for the mean time and not digging my self in a whole. I'm currently saving up for an engagement ring and man they don't come cheap, especially when your girl say's "if you can drop 10k on your car, you better be able to do the same on me"

Good luck and be patience
Old 03-07-12, 06:27 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

First, we go to school and learn how to spell.
Old 03-07-12, 06:32 PM
repugnante
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Haha, have a very good job, make sure she gets what she wants, and teach her about cars so that she becomes interested enough to understand why I'm doing it!

However, we don't have any kids so, my situation is a bit different from yours. Fam first, mods later.....parts aren't going anywhere.
Old 03-07-12, 06:33 PM
ebxgsxr
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by KingGS
.....says im too old for this stuff.........
lol, my wife just said that to me b/c i was thinking about buying coilovers for my car.
Old 03-07-12, 06:48 PM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

I wish I could afford parts also but it's hard having two kids, a mortgage and of course the wife. No money for mods with a job delivering pizza
Old 03-07-12, 06:58 PM
KingGS
Rookie

Thanks for all the input guys I do have a good job I'm a Geeksquad installer at Best buy, I always take care of everything that needs to be done and paid. I'm not digging us into a whole I only buy stuff if I can. Oo and its not like I'm paying on my Lexus I bought it cash
Old 03-07-12, 07:00 PM
lpolo69
Pole Position

Pimpin ain't Easy
Old 03-07-12, 07:05 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KingGS
I dont sacrifice my family to get stuff for my gs.Its just a hobby that i love but she says im too old for this stuff and i need to grow up that this was suppose to be a family car. WICH IT STILL IS MAY I ADD!! With some nice lil mods
It's your job to explain to her that this is your passion and not just a silly game. Before I got married I explained to my nowwife that the modding will never stop. I was doing it before I met her and I keep doing it till I die. I told her when I hit that mid life crisis I won't be driving a converable sports car but I will definitely be boosting something lol. Two kids later and i'm working on my third boosted car.

Quick Reply: How do u guys do it??