Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

AUX input for under $5.00*** You guys wont be disappointed Pic intensive

Old 03-16-14, 06:51 AM   #166
vsop4me
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Do you have alligator clips? You may have to do some troubleshooting. Disconnect all the wires and reconnect or clip just the L+ and L-. You will have to prop up your changer and play music with and without inserting jack. If that works do the same for just the R+/- only. Then finally do both. Something else to try if you want to double check you are slicing into yah correct wires is to just test by tent reconnecting without the jack wires to 100% be sure you have the correct leads. Again one wire and one side at a time.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
vsop4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-14, 09:54 AM   #167
nawafpower
Driver School Candidate

Default Tape to audio out

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam12345 View Post
Ok here is what I did. I took one of the cassettes that you attach your iPod to so you can play it on the casset player and took it apart. Removed the head that the wires are attached to. Then carefully put it back together (make sure all the gears and the rubber wheel are in place because if not the tape will auto eject) . The reason for removing the head is so you won't hear the hiss when you put the tape in the player. Now pop the tape into your deck and leave it in there. Put Dolby C on (this will not affect the sound of your input because that is going straight to the amp) it will get rid of the rest of the noise inherent in the tape player. Now whenever you want to hear your iPod just push the tape button. No need for a blank cd or relay or switch. Later if you want to hear a tape you eject your modded tape and pop whatever tape you want then you put the modded tape back in for the iPod or auxiliary. If you dare you can relabel your "tape" button "aux" I will just leave my modded tape in there all the time
Hi there,
I just couldn't follow up when you said remove the head from the cassette, if I do that how will the sound go to the audio system, and where will be the wires hooked? it's either I missed something or this could never work the way I understood you, could you please elaborate?
Thanks.
nawafpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 06:20 AM   #168
greatcali
Driver School Candidate

Is there any way anyone has the blank audio file anywhere
greatcali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-14, 10:13 PM   #169
ItsYaBoy
Driver School Candidate

Default Nice

Great write up, glad I found this. did this about a week ago,
I mounted it to the amplifier and haven't had a problem with any whine. :thumb up:
1Hr. blank track: http://squobble.blogspot.com/2008/03...huffle-or.html

Last edited by ItsYaBoy; 05-08-14 at 10:18 PM.. Reason: added mp3 file
ItsYaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-14, 11:16 PM   #170
sunshine1
Driver School Candidate

Realized my jdm car has a different sound system a while ago so this won't work.

Hello I'm trying to do this mod but my wires connecting to the cd changer are completely different colors. Does anyone have an idea which wires to use? My car is the jdm version toyota aristo.
Don't worry the wires won't be exposed like that.

Blue
Orange
Grey
Pink
Purple
White with black stripe
Attached Images

Last edited by sunshine1; 09-05-14 at 04:01 AM.. Reason: jdm system is different?
sunshine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-14, 09:23 PM   #171
Sykotic336
Rookie
Trader Score: (1)

Hi I tried doing this install but it won't play anything from my iPod no sound at all followed the detailed instructions properly so I'm at a stand still anyone have a picture maybe of how it looks? Maybe I installed it in the wrong area but I mean it's pretty straight forward lol. I have a 04 gs300
Sykotic336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-14, 06:14 AM   #172
angus
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotic336 View Post
Hi I tried doing this install but it won't play anything from my iPod no sound at all followed the detailed instructions properly so I'm at a stand still anyone have a picture maybe of how it looks? Maybe I installed it in the wrong area but I mean it's pretty straight forward lol. I have a 04 gs300
When you did it did you use the correct harness to tap into? It says not the CD changer one.
angus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-14, 03:10 PM   #173
Sykotic336
Rookie
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus View Post
When you did it did you use the correct harness to tap into? It says not the CD changer one.
Well I got it to work but sound quality is really crap not near as cd quality any suggestions? Using my iPhone 4s
Sykotic336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-14, 03:10 PM