GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I need advice bad!! I dont want to downgrade!!

Old 03-12-12, 06:05 AM
Acer
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in to see update
Old 03-12-12, 08:13 AM
850Lexus
Pole Position

Rims look awesome!!! Fitment looks like ****! get some wheels that fit. 4x4's are the only ones who should have the tires hanging out that much.

On another note, they still make fila?? I figured they would of been out of business 10 yrs ago!!!
Old 03-12-12, 03:42 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
Sick wheels, always loved the 5 spoke look on the 2GS, makes me wish I could easily put wider lips on mine!

Lee, your car's looking great! Don't think I've seen it with those wheels, very classy.
Thanks kyle, i had them for a while.

Originally Posted by 850Lexus
Rims look awesome!!! Fitment looks like ****! get some wheels that fit. 4x4's are the only ones who should have the tires hanging out that much.

On another note, they still make fila?? I figured they would of been out of business 10 yrs ago!!!
The car is in the body shop and the body work and the fitment is on point.
Old 03-20-12, 08:44 PM
marus
Pole Position

fitting these wheels was going to be a challenge... so of course i expected to take some time but i didnt expect it to take this long...... the delayed completion wasnt just due to fittment....... so this is what happened ........

first i had to downgrade the brakes ....... not the route i wanted to go but i had to..... i realized that was the best option when i saw a 98 ls400 on the this forum downgrade to fit some wide work equip wheels..... and so i sucked it up.......

once i changed the brakes...... it fit alot better ........

this a video i shot .... you can hear all the scrapping if you listen carefully
http://www.youtube.com/embed/CeLe9QjFRac

i figure all i would have to do is cut the splash guard and stop the scraping and then make sure bot front fenders or even before i take it to the bodyshop so they could smooth things out and repaint..... until one cold morning disaster struck..... i got into the car to drive it and the left fender got caught in my tire treads as i was turning out and when i went to turn the steering wheel to proceed on going straight thats went i heard what was definitely not just slpash gaurd scrapping..... so i immediately stopped the car and looked at it ...... and boy was it a mess...

and if that wasnt enough i ended hitting someone from the rear and it broke a piece of my right headlight (i blame the brake downgrade)...... and so i found my self replacing and upgrading both headlights.....

brought it to butler tires off of austell to get the car cambered....... not a fan of butler tires at all..... not the greatest customer service nor did they really deliver..... i had to go get my toe properly set at a different shop

video
http://youtu.be/GxlPF-nqpXY

After cambering i decided i needed an exhuast system...... after long research i decided that loved the tanabe hyper medalion sound but also loved the fireball exhaust look........ and since the hyper medalion was discontinued i decided on the fireballs would be the way to go..... but a price tag +$800 and from what i researched people weren't a 100% satisfied with the sound, i decided to go, like many have went the custom route....... go for the look and better sound and save money in the process ........ a little less then 500 dollars later...... mainstream performance built me a monster......

this took a total of 9hrs to put together..........

this thing is little more aggressive then the fireball...... the tip measures in 17in length

it actually sounds way better in person but tell me what you guys think?
http://www.youtube.com/embed/JajEKma0QY8

once that was done ..... it was a waiting game for the tte lip rep...... i had to literally order this lip twice...... the first one i ordered off of ebay, the seller never responded to my messages and never shipped it ..... so after waiting a 2 weeks..... i ordered another one from a different seller on ebay and that took a month and half to arrive (at least he responded within 72hrs letting me know that it was being processed and shipped)...... but finally when my lip arrived i dropped the car off to the body shop praying that this would be able to clean up my mess..... they had to redo all my quater panels and reflare my front fenders and flare out my rears quarter panels a little more ( i was literally scraping the edge of my rear tires)........

........ i was nervous wreck for the whole week and half they had the car but when i went to pick it up.........

i after i mounted on the wheels........

Last edited by marus; 03-20-12 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-20-12, 08:45 PM
marus
Pole Position

now the tte lips turn to be mounted ...... and boy was i lost ...... the fitment on the the tip is so off..... it made no sense.... i dont really have a good picture showing how off it was but it was off...... again i did my research and many people shaved parts of it to make it fit which wouldnt be a bad option but ...... many people that shaved the lip found themselves with a (what i call) slanted tte lip...... from my understanding.... the tte lip on the side of the bumper should be parallel to the ground and those that shave it had a lip that followed the bumper line which was a little more slanted.........

....after hrs of thinking on how to make it fit properly i decide on drilling 6 extra screws and became 9 out 10 perfect fit

and then i received my chrome trunk bar....... to chrome trunk bar or not to chrome trunk bar??? i chose not to but tell me what you guys think

this is a pic before the body shop took it..... it is currently debadged with just remaining

.......... which lead us to car..... how it sits in my driveway way right now minus a week of pollen lol.......

now i have a few more things to come but i figured i would give you guys an update......
Old 03-20-12, 09:24 PM
Lextasy671
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow man, looking good. good progress. so no more rubbing issues for the wheels now eh? should take the wing out, itll look cleaner.
Old 03-20-12, 10:28 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

MY man Marus doin it man!!!!!!!!!!

kill that wing homie, three piece all day son!!!!

Last edited by nar8ta; 03-22-12 at 01:02 AM.
Old 03-20-12, 10:53 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmm I'm doing custom exhaust work as well. Megas are a heft price tag. I was wondering which muffler/can did you end up using? Also whats the size of the exhaust tip? Deleted resonators?

Sounds good and looks good.

Last edited by abounly; 03-20-12 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-20-12, 11:18 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

damn so much progress in so little time
Old 03-21-12, 06:09 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

very very nice progress buddy.
Old 03-21-12, 10:41 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Can't wait to see this bad boy in person!!! Make sure to come out to one of the many meets we have lined up in Atlanta!!
Old 03-21-12, 06:13 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

i like this a lot. what mufflers did you use? are those diesel tips? what size tires also?
Old 03-22-12, 01:04 AM
nar8ta
Instructor

mufflers sound mean!!!!!!!! Looky here marus LOL

PM your address so i can send you this roof wing.

look at Geez's wing...looks really nice.

Last edited by nar8ta; 03-22-12 at 01:10 AM.
Old 03-22-12, 05:31 AM
AtlantaVIP
Pole Position

I love this build Marus!! Your car is straight amazing!!! And when I first saw this car in person, my jaw completely dropped to the floor with drool running down the side of my mouth! LMAO Beautiful car Marus and i'll call you tonight about meeting up in the Cumberland area to ride out to the meet
Old 03-22-12, 05:32 AM
AtlantaVIP
Pole Position

Nar8ta- where can I get that roof spoiler from?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I need advice bad!! I dont want to downgrade!!