GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

TTE Replica inputs

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-11, 12:01 AM
PlatGS3
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation TTE Replica inputs

Who on here has one of these ? and how much did you guys pay for it ? I want the authenthic one if I can find one, but for now i might just have to go with the replica.

so far ive seen anywhere from 210-250 shipped to where im at.

Whoever has this, how is the fitment ? Does it fit as described ? does it crack/break easily ?

So if anyone has an authentic one for sale in very good shape, PM me
Old 11-15-11, 07:42 AM
aristo123
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a replica, unfortunately. Lol. The reason I purchased this one was because my with my previous car I went with vertex and once I had the car and kit painted, I started to drive it daily. Needless to say I chipped the paint really bad, and from time to time I would scrape the heck out of it on my driveway. Luckily it never broke(the quality was great) . Anyhow, I didn't want to spen a whole lot on something I might scrape and chip to *****. I have not had it painted, so the only fitment information I can give you is that I test fitted it and its looks really good. I mean, just holding it against the bumper it looked like it only needed small imperfections fixed. But I mean small, like sanding down a small edge or something like that. It is fiberglass and I paid 260 for it. I'm still collecting parts for my car so I'm constantly changing my mind on parts so I may sell this lip and just go with a full junction produce kit. Well see.
Old 11-15-11, 08:53 AM
epic1si
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've sold a couple vis replica lips and haven't had anybody complain to me about fitment being poor. as far as i know fitments is probably 85-90% on par and needs a little tweaking but i always heard that even the tte lip needed to be tweaked as well though
Old 11-15-11, 09:14 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I am in the same boat bec i just ordered one myself and was wondering how strong it is
Old 11-15-11, 09:18 AM
dwilly58
Driver School Candidate

I have seen a ton of people on here with the vis version installed, and the fitment looks just as good as the TTE one...minus the badge..lol
Old 11-15-11, 10:36 AM
aristo123
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, mines vis too. Its not the best quality but compared to an authentic tte I'm sure you would some differences. Authentic is the way to go, but like I said, I didn't want to pay a whole lot for a lip that I know I'm gonna scrape and it will get chipped since its going on my daily.
Old 11-15-11, 10:43 AM
Lexustrung
Rookie

its pretty strong in my opinion fitment is good but you have to cut the 3 tabs on the backside to make it better.
Old 11-15-11, 10:46 AM
Htowncory
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got a gap between the lip and bumper in the front middle portion. Not too pleased with it, but oh well. Eventually I'll get a new bumper/kit to replace everything.
Old 11-15-11, 12:01 PM
epic1si
Rookie

you can always get a greddy lip which is plastic and flexible and looks nice like mine lol fitment is dead on too hahahaha

Old 11-15-11, 12:44 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by PlatGS3
Who on here has one of these ? and how much did you guys pay for it ? I want the authenthic one if I can find one, but for now i might just have to go with the replica.

so far ive seen anywhere from 210-250 shipped to where im at.

Whoever has this, how is the fitment ? Does it fit as described ? does it crack/break easily ?

So if anyone has an authentic one for sale in very good shape, PM me
OP PLEASE familiarize yourself with the search button

this is just one of MANY threads i found by typing in a simple phrase like "TTE replica"

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...a-fitment.html

Originally Posted by epic1si
you can always get a greddy lip which is plastic and flexible and looks nice like mine lol fitment is dead on too hahahaha

IMHO the greddy lip looks like a snow plow attached to the gs thats why alot of people call it the snow plow lip
Old 11-15-11, 02:13 PM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

I have the replica and the fit is pretty good. As for duribility I don't know as me car sits like a 4x4, too high to hit the curb HaHa. It is pretty good quality so I am thinking it will hold up well to normal abuse.
Old 11-22-11, 06:58 PM
PlatGS3
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the input guys ! I appreciate it.

Epic, Im more into the OEM look, but your car(s) are nice !
Old 11-30-11, 06:30 PM
kekojones
Driver School Candidate

i would of loved to get the real thing but the rep is just as good... i mean i havent had no problem yet and it was pretty easy to istall

Old 11-30-11, 06:36 PM
tianh
Pole Position

I know alot of people with the replica lip and its fine. you should be good.
Old 11-30-11, 07:13 PM
Jayrad
Driver School Candidate

where you guys buying the replicas from? Ebay?

Quick Reply: TTE Replica inputs