GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Post your rare parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-11, 11:53 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

Pics pics pics!!! lets see some pics with these parts!!

..and Brian im still looking bud, I have no clue what their handle's were!!
Old 10-26-11, 06:30 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
MOST those are considered rare....did u ever find a link for me for that CF engine cover?

i actually was searching a old post about the tom's 6 links you were in...lol im trying to source them ATM but i dont wanna play $300+ for them from carson

EXCEPT the SC isnt even on rock's car lol
thomas were are your rare pics man i know u got alot of rare stuff
Hahaha...Brian, you too funny. lol I know, I know that damn thing is still sitting in my basement. However, I have been polishing all the piping up and intercooler. It is starting to look sick!!! Polished everything up to a mirror-like finish. Before the install I will get everything "clear" powdercoated; because I like the polished look. The piping "back in the day" that came with this kit was made of mild steel; this is the piping that I received when I purchased the kit last year. It was powdercoated silver with various surface rust...now, all looks better than new. I will probably stencil out the "SRT" logo and spray paint the face of the intercooler fire engine red when complete. Can't wait...I really can't.
Old 10-26-11, 07:35 AM
1slowsc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
TTE (full size) trunk lip spoiler
L-Sportline full kit

and

SRT Stage 3 SC kit #6 of 25?
Can we see more pics and under the hood?
Old 10-26-11, 07:41 AM
Redline26
Pole Position

Parting with the Kazz today..love and hate
Attached Thumbnails Post your rare parts-2011-10-14_15-20-32_523-1.jpg  
Old 10-26-11, 09:37 AM
oki_boy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sakataj
ty david for bursting my bubble lol...

although pics or a link for proof? i search carbon fiber engine cover in the ls430 section and only one thread had a hit (which i actually was in) and the pics are dead so i dont know if it did or not... i ALSO tried the advance search for the word anecellon and the ONLY thread it pops up to is this thread

im DEF the only GS430/SC430 with one....or so i think lol

EDIT: I have now bought a rare part i been trying to get for few years....will post pics when i get it from japan

You guys mean Anceltion?
Old 10-26-11, 09:55 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bippu147
TTE lip, UGO roof, and rmm stuff? cmon guys, half of the members here have that stuff.
It's rare if its discontinued. There are only a fixed number of the above originals floating around the market. Just because the majority of the members on this board hoard these discontinued parts doesn't make then any less "rare" when considering the general population of 2GS drivers. You are making an assumption based on a small and skewed clublexus population.

Originally Posted by FLIPMOE
TOM's rear lip
I forget. I have this too.
Old 10-26-11, 10:12 AM
Bippu147
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PushinLEX
It's rare if its discontinued. There are only a fixed number of the above originals floating around the market. Just because the majority of the members on this board hoard these discontinued parts doesn't make then any less "rare" when considering the general population of 2GS drivers. You are making an assumption based on a small and skewed clublexus population.

Well if that's the case, this thread should be called "Post your discontinued parts"

Rare means uncommon. Unusual parts to see on a car. When hundreds of members on ClubLex have a TTE lip, or TRD sways, etc. It's not rare.

Show me another HKS Valcon cam and Valtai controller. You might find 1 or 2 in North America....that is rare.
Old 10-26-11, 10:54 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

In bold.

I forget. I have this too.
Well if that's the case, this thread should be called "Post your discontinued parts"

Rare means uncommon. Unusual parts to see on a car. When hundreds of members on ClubLex have a TTE lip, or TRD sways, etc. It's not rare.

Show me another HKS Valcon cam and Valtai controller. You might find 1 or 2 in North America....that is rare.
I guess you're rusty or have not taken statistics. Or, we might just be talking apples and oranges. As referenced above in bold, my idea of "rare" is in comparison with the general 2GS driving population, not the CL 2GS driving population. Of course, on this forum, TTE lips and UGO roof spoilers come a dime a dozen. But that is a skewed sample.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that 300 2GS drivers on this site have either a TTE lip and/or UGO roof spoiler. And that is a GENEROUS figure.

Just in the United States, 25,000 2GS's have been sold from 1998-2005. That's 200,000 units actually driving on American streets throughout the production life of the 2GS.

Is being in the 0.0015% of ALL 2GS drivers rare enough for you?

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...ign/index.html
Old 10-26-11, 11:06 AM
Bippu147
Lexus Test Driver

Haha, getting a little bit on the offence hey?

You're right....compare apples to apples.

Out of the 200,000 units sold, how many cars are owned by people that are interested in modifying them?

With your logic, i guess BC coilovers would be rare, (since less than 5% of GS owners overall have BC coils, Vertex aero is rare, 2JZ-GTE VVTi swaps are rare, etc)

Last edited by Bippu147; 10-26-11 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-26-11, 11:19 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Haha, getting a little bit on the offence hey?

You're right....compare apples to apples.

Out of the 200,000 units sold, how many cars are owned by people that are interested in modifying them?

With your logic, i guess BC coilovers would be rare, (since less than 1% of GS owners overall have BC coils, Vertex aero is rare, 2JZ-GTE VVTi swaps are rare, etc)
Not trying to preach, but generally when you answer a response I believe it's good practice to read the whole response. But that is just my humble opinion. Again, referenced above in bold is the answer to your question.

For me, discontinuation of a part is a big factor as to rarity. Discontinuation meets there is a finite number of those original parts in the market that only decrease in time through attrition.

If companies are still producing the part, then the supply in the market is ever increasing, reducing its rarity factor. All aftermarket parts are generally rare in comparison to OEM parts. But discontinued aftermarket parts are rarer than aftermarket parts still in production.

But I get your point, and I think we should stop splitting hairs. I call truce.
Old 10-26-11, 11:21 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Redline26
Parting with the Kazz today..love and hate
the kazz grill isnt rare NOR is it discontinued

Originally Posted by oki_boy
You guys mean Anceltion?
well i searched and searched and searched....

couldnt find any pics on here for it (i stopped after page 2) but on google,i FINALLY found a pic of it

http://gowithsolo.blogspot.com/2010/...-cf-cover.html

but mostly what i found from that company is CF splitters/canards and a rear lip for a lexus

ok so let me say then i am the ONLY GS430 with a CF engine cover then lol

Last edited by sakataj; 12-06-11 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-26-11, 11:40 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

These are not such rare parts to find, but are rare to be on a GS...

Last edited by 99 GS3; 10-26-11 at 11:45 AM.
Old 10-26-11, 01:31 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

UGO roof spoiler is not rare in my opinion...unless its Carbon Fiber. TTE lip is not rare...yet. TRD Sways are not rare.

Factory privacy curtain that I have? rare... come on guys. post RARE PARTS. Kazz grille is not rare and can be bought still.
Old 10-26-11, 01:45 PM
Bippu147
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by speedaddic
UGO roof spoiler is not rare in my opinion...unless its Carbon Fiber. TTE lip is not rare...yet. TRD Sways are not rare.

Factory privacy curtain that I have? rare... come on guys. post RARE PARTS. Kazz grille is not rare and can be bought still.

I agree.

Discontinuation does not matter either...TTE must have made over 5000 lip spoilers.
Old 10-26-11, 01:57 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

What a controversal thread lol

Quick Reply: Post your rare parts