GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

OK to use SAFCII from another GS400 on my GS400?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-11, 08:41 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
Default OK to use SAFCII from another GS400 on my GS400?

Question. Some of you may know... my previous car was a boosted GS400.. (99). my car now is a.. well boosted GS400 (98) same supercharger kit and injectors. I finally wired up my SAFCII to my ECU (hopefully i got it all right) and im wondering...

Is it safe to run the same tune that i have on the SAFCII (it has been tuned on the 99 GS400) on my 98 GS400??

Also, of the 2 knock sensors which one did you guys use for your SAFCII Knock wire? i used the #1 Knock (Grey). Is that ok?

Thanks!

Old 09-21-11, 09:28 PM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Based on what the many, many tuners that I have been speaking to in the last 2 weeks say, yes it will be perfectly fine to drive with the safc just as long as the injector size was the same (which you said it was) and it's the same type of car (same engine basically). It will be safe to drive but you will still want to get a new tune to get the most power/best settings possible due to the usually small differences there are between the powerbands of two of the same types of engines.
Old 09-21-11, 09:35 PM
v8soarer91
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you don't have the same injectors as the other person.
just put the lo, hi +/- to 0's

post up a pic of the current
lo +/-
hi +/-
lo%
hi% settings
Old 09-21-11, 10:01 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

hmm. i has a problemo.

The stupid controller is locked with a password and i dont have the password nor do i know of it... and it isnt the default 0000 .. im screwed... which most likely means i cant post up that hi/lo specs. hmm

ok so i decided to take some risk and drive around with the SAFCII on and running. drives the same lol.. my butt dyno cant tell a difference.

got another question.

Based off this pinout.

my RPM Wire from SAFC (Green Wire) is supposed to link up to the ECU RPM Pin (Black/Yellow). which i currently have right now.

My question is, on my previous car the green RPM wire ran to the Green/Black wire (dunno which one is that) and worked fine.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...tion-help.html

Kinda like how this thread said ^

is it still ok? or is the proper wire the Green/Black instead of the black/yellow?
Old 09-21-11, 10:18 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

also another question..

based off this diagram, it is safe to say if i wanted to run the car without any changes i can just unplug the SAFCII Airflow meter wires (yellow and white) and plug the stock wires together? This way the SAFC will just be a gauge and not a tuning device?
Old 09-23-11, 11:36 AM
chknlittle
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question what size injectors are you using? I have the same yr/make/model gs as yours. But I have to custom my kit, wish I couldve gotten a rmm kit tho....
Old 09-23-11, 01:05 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vwynn
also another question..

based off this diagram, it is safe to say if i wanted to run the car without any changes i can just unplug the SAFCII Airflow meter wires (yellow and white) and plug the stock wires together? This way the SAFC will just be a gauge and not a tuning device?
yes, that's all you have to do. Hook those 2 wires back together.
Old 09-23-11, 02:49 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chknlittle
Question what size injectors are you using? I have the same yr/make/model gs as yours. But I have to custom my kit, wish I couldve gotten a rmm kit tho....
Same everything really just the only difference is that the cars are 99 and 98. RMM kit is nice. super nice actually. but the power game isnt a lot compared to say... boosting an american v8.

Originally Posted by speedaddic
yes, that's all you have to do. Hook those 2 wires back together.
Thanks!