GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Had a chance to shoot an awesome gs400 today - Team Hybrid reppin

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-11, 06:05 PM
starfyrels
Account under Legal Action - Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To the op; I didn't realize you 'rep' team hybrid.

I don't think I, nor anyone took it personal, not sure why you decided to take it personal with the comments and what kind of parts others here have on their car (alot of the components on the parts that you've probably modified your car with; as well as some of us have come from factories/shops in china).

I commented on the car and the similar look of other members' cars. You shot the photos, we commented. This is a public forum and critcism will be given. I nor anyone else within the thread ever pointed a finger at you or stated untrue things. Take our comments with a grain of salt. They are your photos, his car, his money...

thumbs up.

Last edited by starfyrels; 09-12-11 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-12-11, 06:28 PM
SuicidnS13
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by starfyrels
To the op; I didn't realize you 'rep' team hybrid.

I don't think I, nor anyone took it personal, not sure why you decided to take it personal with the comments and what kind of parts others here have on their car (alot of the components on the parts that you've probably modified your car with; as well as some of us have come from factories/shops in china).

I commented on the car and the similar look of other members' cars. You shot the photos, we commented. This is a public forum and critcism will be given. I nor anyone else within the thread ever pointed a finger at you or stated untrue things. Take our comments with a grain of salt. They are your photos, his car, his money...

thumbs up.
Never said you said any untrue or negative things, nor did I take any thing personally. All I did was agree with the anti-haters and the haters agree with other haters... its all part of E-thugging LOL... Either way I am just glad to share some photos of another car from the Vegas Chapter of Team Hybrid.

He has major plans in the super soon future. So in the end the only similarities will be paint and possibly aero. I dont want to start a brand name vs other battle but we dont represent any NON Brand name parts. Doesnt matter where they are from. This is what seperates the men from the boys in the automotive industry.

So please enjoy the photos and my half arrsed video since I was sooo shaky from rock stars...

And thanks for looking guys~
Old 09-12-11, 06:38 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Great pics, the car looks even better in person. LOL at the hate comments.
Old 09-12-11, 06:42 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Nicely DONE! Love the paint choice too!
Old 09-12-11, 06:53 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Gorgeous car!
Old 09-12-11, 08:43 PM
revtekgs
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver'04
Haha, if this car was black we wouldn't even be having this ridiculous discussion. The car is hot, the pics are hot, at least give credit where it's due. Similar to other members cars......yah. But at the same time, how many people on here are running the exact same coilovers as other members, the exact same lip as other members, the exact same wheels.......Seriously, aren't there bigger things in life to comment on other than somebody else's car? All 3 of their rides are much sicker than mine. I'm jealous of all of them, lol!
I was thinking the same thing. There are plenty of black cars rockin ordens w similar setups but people aren't criticizing them like some of the posts on this thread.
The Hybrid car is being compared to Kam's bc the color is similar and there aren't many 2GS with that color. No need for the hatin and negative posts.
Old 09-12-11, 08:57 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by starfyrels
Um. I know Kam personally and I've seen his car personally -- before the kits/air etc. I actually bought parts off of his car. So I know what the car looked like in 'OEM' form with the same Desert Sage Metallic paint job. Kam's is a 98-00 as well, but again; he's modded his to be unique.

Thanks, come again.
then u should know he has a different body kit, the JP grill,different rims, and a different color. Kam's car is amazing...i know what it looked like in OEM form also....just from here

Originally Posted by bigguppy
Great shoots and a beautiful car. Love to see more.

Dont let the comments here get to you. FYI: Half the guys here either own a over price TTE lip or a replica one and that is consider "cool" LOL. Enough said. Before anyone flame me, my GS is stock and I like it like that
hey ben, i love my TTE lip but im no hater... havent said anything negative about his ride at all.

Originally Posted by sneakkz
straight up copied.
its OVER dude let it go if not REMEMBER A COPY IS THE SIMPLEST FORM OF FLATTERY
Old 09-12-11, 09:21 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

regardless if there are similarities its a clean car... but i think the good photography makes it look better. if my gs started to look like another CL member's i'd hope they'd take it as a compliment...

I haven't seen a CL member's gs on here that isn't nice - IMO
Old 09-12-11, 09:34 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

i dont feel a good sense in this community anymore..
Old 09-12-11, 09:44 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, so much negativity in this thread. I would like to give props to the owner of this awesome GS and to you, because the photography skills are just as good. I can say I've seen identical cars here. Hell, even I had somewhat of a twin at 1 time. Same color, same wheels, grill, etc. I had no idea he was even on the boards till later. ( I thought it was cool).
I agree with GS4_Fiend, the GS section is no longer what it used to be when I joined.

Once again, props on the pictures and on the car, I for one think its super sick!
Old 09-12-11, 09:47 PM
SuicidnS13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
i dont feel a good sense in this community anymore..
As cars get older, the crowds get younger. It happens with every type of car forum. Thanks for the photo compliements and Ill shoot the compliments to Charleston. He is a super nice guy and I hope you guys all get a chance to meet him.
Old 09-12-11, 10:11 PM
Shadow300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice clean ride
Is this a legit kit>>>? i am just curious
Old 09-12-11, 10:19 PM
bluwagun
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great photography, oh yeah nice car as well.
Old 09-12-11, 10:41 PM
SuicidnS13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Shadow300
Nice clean ride
Is this a legit kit>>>? i am just curious
Yes everything on the car is legit. AF will confirm it all and so will he reciepts-
Old 09-12-11, 10:53 PM
jonyboyyy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyway i can get the specs on the wheels!?!?
im going to pick up some eurolines tommorow and there +12 in the front 19x9 & +5 in the rear 19x10 with a 5 inch custom lip but i wanna sit liek this guy !!
what fender work do i need?!
plus do i need anything else!?
should i wait and look for a higher offset?!
i drive a 2gs300!

Quick Reply: Had a chance to shoot an awesome gs400 today - Team Hybrid reppin