GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Vsc, abs, vsc off lights on

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-14, 01:19 PM
samuel28
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey team, I have a 1998 lexus gs400, won't accelerate. The only time car will move is when you press accelerator to floor. Purchased both throttle body sensor, and even went as far as purchasing another throttle body. The problem still exist. I need some help.
Old 03-22-14, 06:42 PM
tereck
Driver

Originally Posted by samuel28
Hey team, I have a 1998 lexus gs400, won't accelerate. The only time car will move is when you press accelerator to floor. Purchased both throttle body sensor, and even went as far as purchasing another throttle body. The problem still exist. I need some help.
IACV was my problem with same symptoms that u re describing . Replaced and good now
Old 11-04-14, 06:52 AM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my abs line was damaged by a shop that replaced some suspension parts. I just installed a used speed sensor and rest the abs using the DLC1 in the engine bay. Lights went away.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Ryan
Old 11-04-14, 12:57 PM
KeyKeeper
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by samuel28

Your lex is in "safe mode"...e.g. its limping. You need to pull the codes on it before throwing any more money at it.
Old 12-04-14, 03:59 PM
fresh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cdg306
c1223 is general ABS control malfunctiion code.
c1233 is yaw rate sensor.
c0205 is for the left front speed sensor.

Id start with the speed sensor.

Measure resistance between each of terminals 1 and 2 of speed sensor connector.

Resistance: 1.4 − 1.8 kΩ

Next measure resistance between terminal 1 or 2 of speed sensor connector and body ground.

Resistance: 1 MΩ or higher

If those are ok then it's probably in the wiring.
I'm having this problem also. I pulled connector under inner fender. Checked pin to pin with fluke. It read 1.2ish does this mean wiring is damaged?
Old 12-09-14, 06:29 AM
MVsGS300
Driver School Candidate

I have a 98 GS and my VSC doesn't turn off. What could it be? My Brake Booster and Master Cylinder already went bad so I replaced them.
Old 12-10-14, 06:27 AM
sicksearch
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MVsGS300
I have a 98 GS and my VSC doesn't turn off. What could it be? My Brake Booster and Master Cylinder already went bad so I replaced them.
after replacment OEM BB and MC to aristo 2002 my lamp is off, and all is cool

i guess you need check error codes
Old 12-11-14, 05:53 AM
MVsGS300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sicksearch
after replacment OEM BB and MC to aristo 2002 my lamp is off, and all is cool

i guess you need check error codes
I have and the only code that comes up is P0446
Old 12-11-14, 10:06 AM
KeyKeeper
Pole Position

P0446 is a "circuit" code. This means there is a voltage/resistance issue, not a mechanical issue like a leaky hose or gas cap.
Old 12-11-14, 01:43 PM
MVsGS300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KeyKeeper
P0446 is a "circuit" code. This means there is a voltage/resistance issue, not a mechanical issue like a leaky hose or gas cap.
Okay. But that doesn't explain why my VSC doesn't turn off. I'm just wondering if anyone has ever had this issue before I take it into Lexus because not one mechanic has been able to explain what it is.
Old 12-11-14, 02:35 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 766 Likes on 669 Posts

Okay. But that doesn't explain why my VSC doesn't turn off. I'm just wondering if anyone has ever had this issue before I take it into Lexus because not one mechanic has been able to explain what it is.

If you have access to an OBDII Scanner that reads ABS codes. It should tell you what's wrong. That's how I found out I had a bad wheel speed sensor.

Last edited by MikeFig82; 12-11-14 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-12-14, 07:28 AM
KeyKeeper
Pole Position

Please elaborate. Is your "VSC OFF" light illuminated in the dash? If so what about ABS?
Old 12-12-14, 05:03 PM
MVsGS300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KeyKeeper
Please elaborate. Is your "VSC OFF" light illuminated in the dash? If so what about ABS?
My VSC light does not illuminate. No matter how much I press is or hold it
Old 12-15-14, 08:23 AM
KeyKeeper
Pole Position

Have you lifted the console piece and make sure the switch is plugged in? Does this car have heated seats? If not, did someone plug in the dummy plug into the VSC switch instead of the correct plug? (not sure if they have same layout).

Also, the lamps in the dash will illuminate "VSC OFF"...just to clear that up.

If there is an issue with the system, the "ABS" light will also be illuminated. The fact that you have neither leads me to believe that they have been disabled somehow (cut wires?...aftermarket alarm??). Simple solution, jack up the car in the rear, put it in gear and give it a small amount of gas, if the throttle trims the engine speed, the VSC is working and just has an issue with the switch/signal to tell the BCM to turn off. Also there is a light that illuminates when the rear tires spin. Looks like "S" lines.

When you cycle the key, does the abs/vsc lights illuminate for a few seconds?

Have you checked every single fuse? PS kick panel, DS kick panel, under hood? When i say check, pull each one out and visually inspect and if you cant see through the plastic, then use a multimeter to check continuity. Many systems "share" a fuse and are not all labeled for their functions.
Old 12-15-14, 10:18 PM
rrevalo
Driver School Candidate

My right deck lid tail light bulb went out and my 3 Amigos turned on.. I thought it was odd. Found out by accident. So maybe see if u have any bulbs out

Quick Reply: Vsc, abs, vsc off lights on