GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

CAR STOLEN! I'm gonna kill someone!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-02, 09:39 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry CAR STOLEN! I'm gonna kill someone!

Well.......It has happened....

My Blue Lex was in the body shop getting some body work getting taking care of. During the daytime I got a call from the body shop telling me that the car had dissappeared.

It has been three days and still no sign of recovery. Car had the 20" HRE , a body kid and a few under hood modifications. These assh*les were pro...they either bought a flatbed to tow the car...this happened during the daytime no one saw this...it would have been quite obvious....OR...they had a set of keys...I'm not sure how they managed to do this...OR...they bypassed the aftermarket alarm with starter AND fuel cutoffs ...

Although I haven't heard back...I hope my baby comes back in decent condition. I'm quite certain that the wheels will be gone...although they were 5 locks on each rim. The kit may be gone as well. I'm not sure if they go through the pain of taking underhood modifications off.

Like I said it has been three days and still no recovery. I hope I hear back something soon. The car is insured and everything (totally..including aftermarket mods) but this screws up my car plans. I have recently stripped the Cinnabar of all aftermarket mods (sold the HREs about three days before this incident. ) to sell the car to buy a MB to turn into a show car. I was keeping the Blue Lex since I am obviously still a lexus fanatic.

A week ago I had two sets of 20" HRE 540's and two hooked up Lexus cars. I now have one back to stock ready to be sold...and another one missing....you guys have no idea on how I've been feeling lately...

This is what these cars looked like a month ago....
World War Three in Newark NJ has started....the word is out....Manny is pissed... Someone has indeed crossed dangerous territory.
May God help whoever I found was involved with this. Payback is indeed a b*tch! I dont get mad...I get even.

PICTURE REMOVED...BRING TOO MUCH PAIN BACK!

Last edited by LS4fun; 08-21-02 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-20-02, 09:48 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im really sorry to hear that man.. i dunno what to say....

best of luck man... best of luck....
Old 08-20-02, 09:50 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Manny, that's terrible. I hate to say it, but my first suspect would be the body shop or a bad employee. Even if they just 'let' someone steal it and take some of the proceeds, they made some easy money with little risk.

I trust the police are involved?
Old 08-20-02, 09:54 PM
Ag02M5
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Guess what!!!!!

20" HREs with the REVERSE lip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe an even MORE trick bodykit.

It sucks but man, you could have been in there at the time with a gun pointed at your head!

It will all work out.

Late.

Ryan

P.S. I think it is an inside job.
Old 08-20-02, 10:01 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

darn, really sorry to hear this! I was pissed enough just to have a part of the car stolen. Sharing your anxiety here.

Hope everything comes back allright, AND you get to beat up on whoever did it.
Old 08-20-02, 10:08 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats bad news man, but that car was done chopped and on a few flat beds in a few hours, at least in detroit it would be. At least everything was covered.
Old 08-20-02, 10:15 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default So sorry

I can only imagine how you must feel - that was a beautiful GS and I know you must have worked long and hard to get it that way - it's almost like losing a child. So sad that some worthless sob is likely to get away with it.
Old 08-20-02, 10:25 PM
BrowserBoy
Driver School Candidate

I truly feel your pain. I had my first GS430 for two weeks when I got car jacked at gun point. I was physically ill for days.

I wish you the best of luck.
Old 08-20-02, 11:29 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damn Manny, That **** truly sucks!! Remember what we were saying when I picked up your other set of HRE's, if they really want it, then they can get it no matter what.

At this point I would be hoping they dont find the car if I was you. You know damn well that the car will come back to you f'd up, and will never be the same afterwards. At least the car is insured with mods included. Cross you fingers and hope that 30 days goes by with your car not being recovered.

By the way, after hearing about this, any chance I can get that reciept for the HRE's?
Old 08-20-02, 11:35 PM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

Dude, sorry to hear about the car!
Old 08-20-02, 11:39 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by TTurboPimp
Damn Manny, That **** truly sucks!! Remember what we were saying when I picked up your other set of HRE's, if they really want it, then they can get it no matter what.

At this point I would be hoping they dont find the car if I was you. You know damn well that the car will come back to you f'd up, and will never be the same afterwards. At least the car is insured with mods included. Cross you fingers and hope that 30 days goes by with your car not being recovered.

By the way, after hearing about this, any chance I can get that reciept for the HRE's?
Dude, sorry about that. I almost forgot about that. I have the receipt and it is yours. It just a matter of me sending it to you. You have my word that I will send it to you soon. This whole situation has made me loose my mind.

Last edited by LS4fun; 08-20-02 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-20-02, 11:40 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally posted by BrowserBoy
I had my first GS430 for two weeks when I got car jacked at gun point. I was physically ill for days.
:eek: :eek: Where in Atlanta?! Was your car taken??
Old 08-21-02, 12:04 AM
BrowserBoy
Driver School Candidate

My car was jacked near the main downtown post office off I75. The cops treated me like I was the perp. Kept saying things like, "What were you doing down town after dark?" "In a way you had it coming. What's down town that you couldn't get in Cobb county." and crap like that.

Its really a long and interesting story, but I'm afraid Manny wouldn't want to hear this in light of what has happened to him.
Old 08-21-02, 12:05 AM
RacingAristo

If any member sees anyone that sells 20" HRE or some blue bodykit, report here. Let's nail this son of a *****.

Old 08-21-02, 12:22 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So sorry to hear that. Anytime a club member has there ride stolen, I think it effects everyone here. It's a siick feeling. We have your back if you need anything.

Quick Reply: CAR STOLEN! I'm gonna kill someone!