GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Cracked Front Lip

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-11, 08:35 AM
Pusha100
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked Front Lip

So basically I woke up this morning to my Greddy "Gracer" lip totally cracked in half in two separate pieces, is there any way that I get this fixed or am I out of luck?

P.S. I have only had this for 3 weeks (no good, noooo good)

Thanks
Old 02-03-11, 08:58 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought the Greddy lip was urethane.... how did this happen?
Old 02-03-11, 09:24 AM
Pusha100
Rookie

I have no clue as I didn't wreck into anything..... The last thing that hit it was a small rock that got kicked up by a truck.

The rock wasn't even that big, so I have no idea how this happened since it is urethane.... I bought it off of luxurymods.com and have been in contact w/ them to try and get a refund because I believe it is a defective product

Hope I can return it (crossing my fingers) but if not is there anything that I can do to fix this?
Old 02-03-11, 09:48 AM
Mike813
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take a pic of it. i hope it wasnt a replica like the tte lip that is a hardened rubber but not polyurethane which can crack fairly easily.

there are haters out there too who just likes to f* around with peoples cars. i hope someone didnt decide to just stomp on it.
Old 02-03-11, 11:15 AM
Ceezo
Rookie

yea i fixed a lip on my old civic with fiberglass and very light bondo to fill in the cracks
Old 02-03-11, 11:22 AM
Pusha100
Rookie

Thank you all for the input

After talking with luxurymods.com (Tony the manager) this is what they had to say "These lips are polyurethane, there's really no way you can crack them, even if they're folded, they go back to their natural shape once back in the sun."

What kind of scam are these people running??? LMAO

I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS PLACE EVER AGAIN, AND THE MANAGER IS A A$$......has horrible communication skills period & doesn't know anything about good customer service. it is one thing to not want to replace the item (which I understand) but the way that you talk to your customers like a snob will never get him anywhere....
Old 02-03-11, 11:44 AM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Joseph, we pride ourselves in taking care of our customers, especially on Club Lexus.

You can ask around and see that we do not run any type of shady/scam business.

So let's see what happened, you installed a perfectly fine lip, you used it on the road and was hit by a rock. Now you want a replacement because which part of that was our fault?

Do you want replacements for everything that happens with road rash? You should call your car insurance and take it up with them. You've had it over a month now.

Please PM or Email me directly if there's really anything else that I can do.
Old 02-03-11, 11:52 AM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

i had a good experience with tony from luxurymods.com, nice guy
Old 02-03-11, 11:54 AM
alexdan
Driver

Originally Posted by LuxuryMods
Joseph, we pride ourselves in taking care of our customers, especially on Club Lexus.

You can ask around and see that we do not run any type of shady/scam business.

So let's see what happened, you installed a perfectly fine lip, you used it on the road and was hit by a rock. Now you want a replacement because which part of that was our fault?

Do you want replacements for everything that happens with road rash? You should call your car insurance and take it up with them. You've had it over a month now.

Please PM or Email me directly if there's really anything else that I can do.
i agree with the customer ....from what i understand the lip is indestructible but yet the lip is cracked ...hmmmm? Poor quality!!!! probably made out of fiberglass or hard rubber.
Old 02-03-11, 11:55 AM
nnnickkk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have done business with Tony at LM for YEARS and have never ever had an issue what so ever. It is not Tonys fault if you installed the lip and encountered a problem with everyday driving. You pay to play, if you didnt want problems, dont mod the car, simply put. Tony also would never sell replica parts with out clearly disclaiming it.
Old 02-03-11, 11:55 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

wow, pusha you sound like there is a lifetime warranty on a product that you damaged.

take responsibility for your actions.

there are no nigerian 411 scammers here.
Old 02-03-11, 12:00 PM
Pusha100
Rookie

Alexdan: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Basically they want you to buy products that are the same as replica's off of ebay but for 4x the price. If I knew I was going to get burned I would of bought some cr*p off of e-bay for a LOT cheaper. At least if it cracked like this I wouldn't be too mad. THE BOTTOM LINE IS THEY HAVE FALSE ADVERTISEMENT ON THIS PART, I mean they couldn't even offer me a discount all they want me to do is buy a new one 100% cost, that's called being GREEDY!!!

Luxurymods: Let me know if you guys want me to send you any more *free* money as you guys have already robbed me. Poor costumer service, poor products = BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-11, 12:04 PM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

These are 100% genuine GReddy parts. What do you mean not offer you a discount? I believe I told you that we'd give you a new one at "our" cost. Not retail cost.

I'm sorry but we take care of our customers, this request is a bit far fetched being that the damage is a result from road rash.
Old 02-03-11, 12:04 PM
nnnickkk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Pusha100
Alexdan: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Basically they want you to buy products that are the same as replica's off of ebay but for 4x the price. If I knew I was going to get burned I would of bought some cr*p off of e-bay for a LOT cheaper. At least if it cracked like this I wouldn't be too mad. THE BOTTOM LINE IS THEY HAVE FALSE ADVERTISEMENT ON THIS PART, I mean they couldn't even offer me a discount all they want me to do is buy a new one 100% cost, that's called being GREEDY!!!

Luxurymods: Let me know if you guys want me to send you any more *free* money as you guys have already robbed me. Poor costumer service, poor products = BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why dont you post a pic of your lip and link to the one you purchased to start. Ebay crap and quality parts any car enthusiast would tell you there is a BIG difference. You mod your car, drive it daily, there is a risk and gamble involved, it is bound to get messed up eventually. Unless you are a full blown garage/trailer queen, wheres the fun in that? If you cant pay to play, next time go for that ebay part, deal with quality, fitment, issues, customer support and service, then come back and tell us how much better it REALLY is....
Old 02-03-11, 12:07 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why should any vendor replace something that you allow to break?

Quick Reply: Cracked Front Lip