GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Cracked Front Lip

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-11, 12:12 PM
Pusha100
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Luxurymods: You said quote "The best we can do is get you a replacement at cost."

Which means not at "your" cost but how much it's going for (retail value)

Get your facts straight bud
Old 02-03-11, 12:15 PM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Obviously a misunderstanding. Because the "best we can do" is not retail pricing. But rather, "best we can do" means our "cost" to get you a replacement.
Old 02-03-11, 12:21 PM
Pusha100
Rookie

Obviously you don't understand the English language and can't distinguish the difference between "our cost" (which you stated) & "at cost"

There's a big difference........
Old 02-03-11, 12:23 PM
nnnickkk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Pusha100
Obviously you don't understand the English language and can't distinguish the difference between "our cost" (which you stated) & "at cost"

Our cost and at cost is the same thing from his perspective......

so theres no difference.
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Don't think LuxuryMods is to blame for this...
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Like I just clarified in post #18, what I MEANT to say was our cost. And like I had mentioned in post #8, please PM or Email direct if there's anything else.
Old 02-03-11, 12:27 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pusha100

Most people understand "Cost" or "At Cost", or "Our Cost" to mean what it cost the company to buy the product. Not retail or MSRP.

You are disappointed, but you need to tone it down a bit per the forum rules which you agreed to when you signed up.
Old 02-03-11, 12:33 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tony and Luxurymods have helped build my car for the past 5 years so it is obviously not a shady Mickey Mouse operation.

You can not blame a vendor or a manufacturer for accidental damages, whether you hit a rock or someone stomped on it.

If you scrape your car over a dip, can you take the car back to Lexus? No
If you drop your cell phone into the toilet, can you take it back to Verizon and get it replaced under warranty at no charge? No

Moreover, Whether it is urethane or fiberglass or frp is also irrelevent. The paint will crack after a certain point. Welcome to the car world. Stuff happens man. I repainted my car twice over stupid stuff happening. If you cannot handle the stress or hassle, then this might not be a hobby for you.
Old 02-03-11, 12:59 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, calm down. Unless you bought a replica part and it was stated to be real, then there wouldn't be a reason to get mad. You can't blame a vendor for a cracked lip, unless it arrived to you that way. A while back I bought new tires, and hit a curb. The tires bubbled, who was a fault? The person who sold it to me, or me, for being careless? I doubt your lip cracked from a small rock. Take responsibility for your actions bro.
Old 02-03-11, 01:13 PM
Forte EXE
Pole Position

Learn to drive a lowered car or learn to dodge things in the road. And stop trying to blame a vendor who has helped more than 70 percent of this forum.
Old 02-03-11, 01:16 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by alexdan
i agree with the customer ....from what i understand the lip is indestructible
NOTHING is indestructible.....and you and OP can think whatever you want but this ISNT tony's fault. he shipped it to the guy, it got there undamaged, a month later under some mysterious actions(and i would say incomplete details) it is now cracked. HOW is this tony's fault,he didnt come to the guys house and crack it. tony is a standup guy stop,stop feeding fuel to the OP and trying to blame LM for this

Originally Posted by EN_VY
You can't blame a vendor for a cracked lip, unless it arrived to you that way. A while back I bought new tires, and hit a curb. The tires bubbled, who was a fault? The person who sold it to me, or me, for being careless?
according to this guy the tire shop would have been.

Originally Posted by EN_VY
I doubt your lip cracked from a small rock. Take responsibility for your actions bro.
x2, im thinking there is more to this story he just isnt telling us....i have seen a greddy split but it wasnt from some tiny little rock.

OP either way as chris said you DEF need to calm down. you arent dealing with tony appropriately, yelling/cussing at him and calling him names wouldnt make me wanna do anything for you (if i was him) ESPECIALLY something he doesnt owe you as he fulfilled his part of the deal and shipped you a lip that got there undamaged. its 100% not his fault a month later its damaged

Originally Posted by Forte EXE
Learn to drive a lowered car or learn to dodge things in the road.
that's seriously not helping man, you dont know all the circumstances (nor do i think he is telling them all to us) but you dont if know the OP really did it by driving, it is possible someone drinking some haterade did it,your just adding fuel to the OP's already increasing fire (either way your right he's pushing the blame on the wrong person)

HOW BOUT A PIC BTW OP OF THE DAMAGED LIP AND YOUR FRONT BUMPER?

Last edited by sakataj; 02-03-11 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-03-11, 01:17 PM
Agent0024
Pole Position

I had a Greddy lip before and have hit multiple objects with it, large and small. However, I've also met a few people that had the same Greddy lip hit a squirrel or small road debris and the lip would literally explode from the impact.

If you're handy you can definitely fix it using plastic weld. There are multiple reputable companies out there that provide kits that can help you repair your lip.
Old 02-03-11, 01:30 PM
OT0814
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sakataj
NOTHING is indestructible.....and you and OP can think whatever you want but this ISNT tony's fault. he shipped it to the guy, it got there undamaged, a month later under some mysterious actions(and i would say incomplete details) it is now cracked. HOW is this tony's fault,he didnt come to the guys house and crack it. tony is a standup guy stop,stop feeding fuel to the OP and trying to blame LM for this

according to this guy the tire shop would have been.

x2, im thinking there is more to this story he just isnt telling us....i have seen a greddy split but it wasnt from some tiny little rock.

OP either way as chris said you DEF need to calm down. you arent dealing with tony appropriately, yelling/cussing at him and calling him names wouldnt make me wanna do anything for you (if i was him) ESPECIALLY something he doesnt owe you as he fulfilled his part of the deal and shipped you a lip that got there undamaged. its 100% not his fault a month later its damaged

that's seriously not helping man, you dont know all the circumstances (nor do i think he is telling them all to us) but you dont if know the OP really did it by driving, it is possible someone drinking some haterade did it,your just adding fuel to the OP's already increasing fire (either way your right he's pushing the blame on the wrong person)

HOW BOUT A PIC BTW OP OF THE DAMAGED LIP AND YOUR FRONT BUMPER?
good job on the mediating Brian. True we dont know how it cracked... I dont know what kind of neighborhood you live in but if it was fine at night and in the morning it was cracked i highly doubt even a rep lip would crack. Sounds like someone messed with it in the middle of the night. Stuff happens bro. There are ppl in this world who are just jealous of other ppl. I will say this Tony at LM has some good products. Done several transactions with him and if you have a question about one of the products he will help you out. I work in customer service and ill tell you this much... you telling him he doesnt understand english and airing him out like this doesnt help any. I know if you were one of my customers and you came at me like that i wouldnt bother... but even after you bashed him he still said pm him. This is what i say you should do... weigh out your options... check to see how much Tony will charge you for a new one.... Go to a body shop and see how much they will charge you to fix your current lip... Or just take it off and take it as a loss. I feel you tho it does suck when you just got something brand new and a month later its broken but whats done is done.. take some pics and lets see what it looks like... who knows maybe a CL member could help you out in your area
Old 02-03-11, 01:34 PM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

He is offering to replace something you messed up at a heavily discounted price. Other places would laugh at you and tell you to buy a new one at full price. Tony is being more than fair with you. LuxuryMods only sells high quality authentic parts, not junk.

If there is a company that has an unconditional lifetime warranty on aero parts, sign me up.
Old 02-03-11, 01:45 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Aero parts are easy to damage. If it wasn't vandalism you could've hit a parking stop without knowing

Quick Reply: Cracked Front Lip