GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

"They" killed this gs4

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-10, 10:29 AM
BigSexy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought scrapers were only in northern california - E40 style lol
some people LOVE that style and I just LAUGH with head shaking
Old 11-24-10, 12:06 PM
neojungle1
Lexus Test Driver

why why why do people think that tasteful the big wheels and rising that belong on trucks and the color why i wish i could just shoot a gun at the car and take it out of his misery.... i would never do that to any ride period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-10, 12:19 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's the whole "bigger is better" thing. For years it's been touted in rap for instance: "See me ridin on meh 22's or 24's". Of course it's a matter of personal taste as most here on this forum don't like that style but swing over to a dub style forum and your the man for having them. They most likely talk about how cheap we are for having 19 and 20" wheels on our ride. I mean I've seen GS' and LS' with 22 and 24" wheels and just look away but that SC pictured there just looks real bad and makes you wanna throw up. But at the end of the day its about each and everyone's personal taste and style.
Old 11-24-10, 12:31 PM
neojungle1
Lexus Test Driver

yea i respect " at the end of the days its about each and everones's personal taste and style" and the whole ballerz bigger its better but this style in my own opinion does not flow or very few know how to make it flow like on the SC and one of the biggie thing that make it look ugly and i know few would say color maybe other may say size or height for me is the fact that you have butcher the fender in order for those wheel to fit or turn ...
look at the guys that VIP or the VW rocking hellaflush they go threw the whole process to make the fender fit at the same tune making it flow with rest of the car that i respect but this ****** nah i wont ..... just my opinion
Old 11-24-10, 12:36 PM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What kills me is the civic fogs. like come one now!!
Old 11-24-10, 12:43 PM
neojungle1
Lexus Test Driver

yea and the left exhaust is also bended im alway been the person to do function over style at first
Old 11-24-10, 12:50 PM
toy4life86
Lead Lap

we see SCs like that all the time in the Bay Area
what you know bout my lex sittin on 4's or 6's
with the brains blew out the interior butter mayne
Old 11-24-10, 01:14 PM
Loo-10-ant
Driver School Candidate

Default I hate High Riding cars! Ugly as H3LL!

Originally Posted by neojungle1
why why why do people think that tasteful the big wheels and rising that belong on trucks and the color why i wish i could just shoot a gun at the car and take it out of his misery.... i would never do that to any ride period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^^^^^ I Cosign!

In my town, Lord have mercy! It behooves me to see how car customizing has tanked around here. Back in the Minitruck days, a partner and I were into minitrucks...early 80's. No one on the east coast had hydraulics. We met a military kat from Cali. He had a Diamond Tucked plushed out Monte with Switches!!! We were like Wren and Stimpy as we had only seen this on TV.
Like Biff when he found the Almanac on Back to the future, he gave us a Stack of Lowrider magazines before the Folded up, and resurfaced.. NOW we had access to the Technology and how to use it. We had the 1st Dump bed minis on the east coast and stole all the truck shows.. This is the type of innovation we like.. This Raised up BS trying to see how has the biggest rims is F()ckin Rediculous... I have seen some nice cars RUINED...it looks stupid as H3LL to raise a car up 5 feet to squeeze 30 inch rims underneath. I have a Pic I took of an LS400 with 26's, and I'll be damned if I post it because it's embarassing to even have the photo on my phone... I am starting a VIP, Stance trend in this area. My current projects are an LS400 I bought from a friend that was hit in the back. I used it to fix my 93 that I got from him also.
The 93 is a DD now the 92 will succome to my style of customizing and hopefully bring some Class back to car customizing. We have a knack for setting trends around here sobeit. I've been out of the game for a while but now I have built a shop behind my house, installed a 2 post lift, and its time to get busy....Bringing this LS back From Basic "ASH" as it was canabalized to some degree, and I managed to save it before it got worse. Check these teasers...

Some Playing around with the airbrush on junked sheet metal....
[IMG][/IMG]

...so there.. Once this hits the street, I hope to change this High Riding Ridiculous looking fad of Big Rim BS..Its pointless!
Old 11-24-10, 01:18 PM
Loo-10-ant
Driver School Candidate

But to each his own... you'll never catch me in one..
Old 11-24-10, 09:50 PM
shoganaina
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SDGS
That thing looks embarassed... Reminds me of a cat dressed up as a muskateer or something..
puss n' boots
Old 11-24-10, 11:14 PM
Kzem
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sakataj

its not HALF as bad as this SC lexus i saw in our hometown Phan....

Why would u do that? my monitor couldn't handle it and it cracked
What a waste of a sc
Old 11-25-10, 12:14 AM
THERIOT
Driver School Candidate

wow that sc looks about as bad as they get
Old 11-25-10, 12:25 AM
iloveGS4xx
Lead Lap

haha wow weird!! how many dumb holes out their!!!just get a horse or something and mess around with it ,but please leave the cars/vehicles along! dont try to show up ur stupidity out here on streets, we see you guys from far far away rolling on 24'' n on n on lol Quit that ****%%** its NOT COOL!!
Old 11-25-10, 04:55 AM
phillygs3

Originally Posted by excluesive
the woodgrain and bezels are actually nice looking.
yeah i noticed that too
Old 11-25-10, 06:26 AM
Dons98GS
Driver School Candidate

Ive seen worse where in my area. Ive seen cars with big wheels, and the door was falling off and the engine was knocking. My uncle part is part of the big wheel era. He had an intrepid on 24s. The big wheel caused him to bust his hub bearing out & blow 2 tranmissions, and he still kept the rims there. Ive seen a 300m on 28s. Whyyy???? They cant even turn a corner lol & the ride in those big wheel cars are harsh.

The SC looks pretty bad & no he didnt have spinner did he. IMO I would go any bigger than 18s on a SC because the body is so round.

The GS, ive seen farr worse. If he just paint the engine back black & lose 2 inches of weight from the wheel itll look decent. But hey peoples cars taste are like peoples taste in clothes, theyre all gonna be diffrent.

Quick Reply: "They" killed this gs4