GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Stupid Laws

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-10, 03:20 PM
ThirdHonk
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid Laws

Well I was driving around yesterday and I was right next to a lady in a mini van when she decided she wanted to change lanes.... Without warning she just came into my lane. So naturally I hit the brakes and honked my horn but she kept coming into my lane. So I tried moving away from her to give myself enough time to slow down. But unfortunately the traffic ahead was slowing down so she was slowing down too. And kept coming in my lane.

So of course I hit the curb trying to avoid her. And it just had to be a big curb. It couldn't have been a small curb, no, that's too easy. It had to be a tall one. And after I hit the curb and went up it a little bit she finally realized I was honking at her. So I then kindly followed her into a parking lot and parked right behind her so she couldn't get out. (Just in case) And got out and told her basically how much of an idiot she was. In a kind manner of course. With my great luck in life, she didn't speak English very well so that made things more interesting. And for some reason she kept telling me to talk to her husband on the phone. Also, not that good with the English language.

So after talking for a bit and calling the police a cop shows up. And he says that, because I was being the great defensive driver I am, I would have to pay for the damage because she didn't hit me. Even though it was her fault. And she also lied to the cop and said she never came in my lane.

So moral of the story, if someone thinks they're car can go through yours and wants to change lanes. Let the idiot hit you. But make sure you have witnesses.
Old 09-08-10, 03:29 PM
ThirdHonk
Rookie

Originally Posted by Turbo_LX
should've just stayed and hope for the best =]
Haha I think the best would've been a messed up wheel, messed up fender and possible messed up lights. All kinds of messed up.
Old 09-08-10, 03:32 PM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

(Hindsight's always 20/20, but) hitting the brakes wasn't an option?
Old 09-08-10, 03:39 PM
ThirdHonk
Rookie

Originally Posted by Frankdorn
(Hindsight's always 20/20, but) hitting the brakes wasn't an option?
I did hit my brakes, but its just my luck that the rest of traffic was slowing down for a red light.... So she slowed down a lot too. Wonderful.
Old 09-08-10, 03:45 PM
Kzem
Pole Position

PIT maneuver any1?
Old 09-08-10, 03:52 PM
ThirdHonk
Rookie

Originally Posted by Kzem
PIT maneuver any1?
Yeah I heard that suggestion a lot. That and beat her face in with a baseball bat. Seemed a little drastic to me though.
Old 09-08-10, 03:54 PM
exodus_2
Lead Lap

ahhhh man im glad that your ok though... yeah i had samething happen month ago on freeway some truck right next to me deside to change lane without looking pushed me on the the wall and damaged both side. that idiot came and said why are you speeding??? i was about to punch that guys face. good thing that my son did not get hurt since that punk hit the door where was son was sitting with his big *** F-150.
Old 09-08-10, 08:01 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Sorry to hear this man..Life sucks..
Old 09-08-10, 08:36 PM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bummer. No small-claims court action possible? I suppose if she isn't listed at fault on the accident report...

Well, on the bright side, good thing you don't have $6000 forged rims...!?
Old 09-08-10, 10:21 PM
Measured
Advanced

Received 101 Likes on 55 Posts

I won't move out of my lane unless it is clear to do so. I'd rather have them hit me and deal with that. Hope you get everything sorted soon.
Old 09-09-10, 07:34 AM
MiggzGS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^+1 on the comment above... Same thing happen to me but there was another car on my other lane and a car behind me. Instead of trying to avoid the other vehicle changing into my lane. I just stayed there and let him hit me. The car behind me end up being my witness. I was able to get new rims out of the insurance check after I fixed my damages.
Old 09-09-10, 09:00 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

happened to me too! besides me hitting anything.. today was driving.. good 65 n this chick next to me decided to merge without even knowing i was there... i shoulda stayed n pit her... n hopefully my car gets totaled n her insurance pays for it...
Old 09-09-10, 09:14 AM
mistaanime
Pole Position

hah i would have just stayed in the lane and just collected insurance money, but just remember the real world today some people don't have insurance and were screwed.
Old 09-09-10, 09:22 AM
Measured
Advanced

Received 101 Likes on 55 Posts

That's true as well.. Some folks won't have insurance and then your screwed either way.
Old 09-09-10, 09:24 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by mistaanime
hah i would have just stayed in the lane and just collected insurance money, but just remember the real world today some people don't have insurance and were screwed.
good thing i have uninsured motorist protection

Quick Reply: Stupid Laws