GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Got an issue =/ Help me out guys. Accuair Manifold problems =[

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-10, 12:15 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by whitevomr
Ok yest. got the new manifold installed and ran into the same problem AGAIN!!! WTF! but the pass. rear. I dont know whats the deal but Tony and Scott at American Radio did a whole bunch of tests, check the wiring, lines everything. Come to a conclusion it was those valve pieces in the manifold again. After working on the car for about 8 hours and on the phone with Accuair, testing many things to see whats causing this problem. They just pieced a manifold using parts from the 2 I had and made one good manifold and put it back in my car so I can still drive it. Car right now is working fine (knock on wood). I am shipping the bad manifold back to Accuair so they can better diagnose their part to make it better. Lets give it a week and see what happens. These valve things seems to last a week for me. I'll keep ya updated.
first off let me say a huge props to accuair for their customer service. they were on and off of the phone with us at the shop for each and every step. we tested voltage and pressure and troubleshooted for over a full work shift. there was nothing wrong with the installation. the problem was in the pistons/poppers inside the solenoids which pop open and close when you hit the switches. they have had about 1/6 of these newer version manifolds be defective out of box. all of those have been sent new poppers and it resolved the problems but daniel's car is the first car that has had issues after the popper replacement kit has been installed. at this point we are going to see what happens after a week or so.
Old 09-14-10, 09:26 AM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Does Accuair have a full setup for the 2GS. A kit?
Old 09-14-10, 09:43 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by carbongs
first off let me say a huge props to accuair for their customer service. they were on and off of the phone with us at the shop for each and every step. we tested voltage and pressure and troubleshooted for over a full work shift. there was nothing wrong with the installation. the problem was in the pistons/poppers inside the solenoids which pop open and close when you hit the switches. they have had about 1/6 of these newer version manifolds be defective out of box. all of those have been sent new poppers and it resolved the problems but daniel's car is the first car that has had issues after the popper replacement kit has been installed. at this point we are going to see what happens after a week or so.
We cleaned out the third manifold and swapped out a few poppers and solenoids about a month ago. It has done the trick. We narrowed it down to the supplied tank's initial expansion upon pressurizing. There were some particles inside the tank that lodged themselves in the manifold's valves. After draining and filling up the tank several times we managed to clean out all the particles. He is running around town showing off everywhere now lol!

Originally Posted by Chin
Does Accuair have a full setup for the 2GS. A kit?
They sure do. Give Derrick a call and he'll hook you up! Tell him Tony and Scott from American Radio sent you. We've been on the phone with him alot this past month