Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Keyless Entry Beep

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-28-10, 11:08 AM   #16
wbmx1981
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South Austin, Texas
Posts: 430
Default

I'm an idiot! It's the dimmer alright.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
wbmx1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-10, 03:49 PM   #17
TonyHC
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MN
Posts: 135
Default

I like the soft chirp of the OEM Lexus alarm. Reminds me of the soft chirp that Alpine had on their systems years ago. I have a Compustar Pro-series system on my GS and I have the siren chirp defeated because my 2-way remote beeps instead.
TonyHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-10, 11:02 AM   #18
YviE
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (3)
 
YviE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: France
Posts: 1,111
Default

My GS never ever beeps...
YviE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-10, 11:59 AM   #19
Debonair
iModerate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Debonair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: 408 NOR CAL
Posts: 3,092
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakataj View Post
little info though, if you unplug your battery, any adjustments to the c-best settings get washed away and you have to pay to have them done again
I just noticed this Brian. I have not experienced this. I set my doors to all unlock with the first button press and adjusted the beep volume when I first got my car. Since then I have had the battery out many times. The Navi and radio tend to lose all settings but not the C-best, not for me at least.
__________________
“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”― Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Debonair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-10, 01:47 PM   #20
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (171)
 
sakataj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: tenn
Posts: 15,412
Sakataj
Send a message via Yahoo to sakataj
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debonair View Post
I just noticed this Brian. I have not experienced this. I set my doors to all unlock with the first button press and adjusted the beep volume when I first got my car. Since then I have had the battery out many times. The Navi and radio tend to lose all settings but not the C-best, not for me at least.
damn, really abel.....a well known (ie older member) and trusted member (ie a moderator) i wont bust them out ATM,they told me if you go into the dealership and have them adjust the C-best settings and you unplug the battery they will reset. they personally told me they had done this to their own car. thats the only reason i never have done mine (i want all my doors to unlock when i shift into park so the gf and mother stop trying to break my door handle off) but since im constantly doing something in my audio requiring me to remove the batteries i havent done this at all...

SIGH.....i may have to bite the bullet and go try it and see if it resets or what happens after i pull both my batteries
__________________


FOR ALL YOU LOWBALLERS THIS IS HOW I FEEL:
http://www.modified.com/editors/modp...ors/index.html
sakataj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-10, 05:11 PM   #21
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (2)
 
BLAZE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: fl
Posts: 1,107
Default

^^^ You'll be fine, the c-best settings are a hard code programmed by the dealer's scan tool (programed into the ecu). This is not like radio stations, seat memory etc.. which are a soft code, that will change when you disconnect the battery.
__________________


1998 Gs 400, alpine silver, debadged, black gut, nak, hid's, tint, blue led's interior, 20x8.5 & 20x10 petrol, Tien cs v1 coilover's, l-sportline roof spoiler, chrome grille, 01 headlamps, 01+ tails, 01+ guage bezel, 01+ chrome shift bezel, 01+ compass mirror, two orion 12'inch subs and 1000w amp....Gotta step up the game.

2006 gs300, GlacierFrost Mica, black Int, 5k lows, 3k hid fogs, 50% tint, more to come...
BLAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-10, 05:14 PM   #22
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (2)
 
BLAZE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: fl
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baliztik View Post
My girlfriend has a toyota rav 4. Whenever I hear her car "beep" I'm surprised by how loud it is. It's a lot louder than my GS's beep. Is this the way it should be? Or is there some kind of instrument that beeps loudly that in an 01 is just getting older?
01 plus models can change the chirp loudness through the c-best settings....I am not sure about the 98-00 models.
__________________


1998 Gs 400, alpine silver, debadged, black gut, nak, hid's, tint, blue led's interior, 20x8.5 & 20x10 petrol, Tien cs v1 coilover's, l-sportline roof spoiler, chrome grille, 01 headlamps, 01+ tails, 01+ guage bezel, 01+ chrome shift bezel, 01+ compass mirror, two orion 12'inch subs and 1000w amp....Gotta step up the game.

2006 gs300, GlacierFrost Mica, black Int, 5k lows, 3k hid fogs, 50% tint, more to come...
BLAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-10, 06:27 AM   #23
scannmann
Rookie
Trader Score: (5)
 
scannmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: IL
Posts: 69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakataj View Post
damn, really abel.....a well known (ie older member) and trusted member (ie a moderator) i wont bust them out ATM,they told me if you go into the dealership and have them adjust the C-best settings and you unplug the battery they will reset. they personally told me they had done this to their own car. thats the only reason i never have done mine (i want all my doors to unlock when i shift into park so the gf and mother stop trying to break my door handle off) but since im constantly doing something in my audio requiring me to remove the batteries i havent done this at all...

SIGH.....i may have to bite the bullet and go try it and see if it resets or what happens after i pull both my batteries
Let me know how it goes. I need that option too. I don't know why everyone is trying to bust out of the passenger side???? Maybe its my driving
__________________
GS 400 FOREVER
scannmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-10, 08:33 AM   #24
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (14)
 
MrG4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DE <---> NY
Posts: 3,278
@MrG4Life
Send a message via AIM to MrG4Life
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbmx1981 View Post
My 99 gs300 has the beep volume ****.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakataj View Post
OMFG....

Click the image to open in full size.
Wow just wow
__________________

2004 Black Onyx GS300
“Success is there for those who want it, plan for it and take action to achieve it.” - Jim Brown
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97-SC300 View Post
The 2GS is still the sexiest GS ever made. The other generations are all nice as well....but 2GS is king IMO.
MrG4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-10, 10:37 AM   #25
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (171)
 
sakataj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: tenn
Posts: 15,412
Sakataj
Send a message via Yahoo to sakataj
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE View Post
^^^ You'll be fine, the c-best settings are a hard code programmed by the dealer's scan tool (programed into the ecu). This is not like radio stations, seat memory etc.. which are a soft code, that will change when you disconnect the battery.
damn, THANKS... i guess i will finally go do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scannmann View Post
Let me know how it goes. I need that option too. I don't know why everyone is trying to bust out of the passenger side???? Maybe its my driving
yeah i dunno wtf peoples issue is...they pull on it and as they do they trying to open it. i swear one of these days they gonna break it. guess im gonna go get it changed FINALLY, now that i found out you can do this and not loose it....
__________________


FOR ALL YOU LOWBALLERS THIS IS HOW I FEEL:
http://www.modified.com/editors/modp...ors/index.html
sakataj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-10, 10:37 AM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2006, 300, 400, beep, beeper, cs, entry, gs, keyless, knob, lexus, radio, setting, stations, volume

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What are all the beeps? Simmsled GS - Third Generation 12 11-10-13 08:40 PM
OK, Enough with the Beeping GRPFAN RX - Third Generation 10 03-23-12 07:56 AM
RX330 BEEP BEEP Remote Sound Knob>> No More Beeps Please triplecore RX - Second Generation 13 03-14-10 09:51 AM
I lost my park assist beeps jc3103 LS460, LS460L and LS600h 3 07-18-08 06:20 PM
Beeping sound coming from speakers '91 LS Sportznuts LS400 2 01-12-08 09:32 AM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:03 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info