Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New wheels, new pictures

Old 06-28-02, 10:57 PM   #16
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Send a message via AIM to garnet92
Default Thanks guys.

Cam Ė yes, itís lowered (L-Tuned suspension) youíre just used to seeing skirts on (and off too, I hope).
AgGS Ė Agreed, gs4will was a big help. Youíre right on, super low rear and normal front. I donít know about 285ís, sure looks like it would fit Ė while at rest, donít know about compressed suspension. My chart shows only .1Ē difference in diameter (25.7 and 25.6) and it sure isnít detectable by the naked eye Ė at least not mine. The same may be true with offset Ė can we detect 5mm difference even when looking down the side of the car? Both front and back of mine are about as aggressive as I could want. Iíll post another picture looking right down the side of the car so the tire position can be better seen.

And gs4will answered some of the other questions more expertly than I could and thanks to him.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
'99 GS400 Pearl White / HID / NAK / Tinted / Altstadt Lubeck 19x8.5, 9.5 / Bridgestone S-03 245/35, 275/30 / L-Tuned Shocks / Springs / Exhaust / ECU / TRD Struts & STB / SRT HFI w/race ecu / Weapon-R CAB / PI TC / Hayden cooler / TM plugs / TTE Grille / Debadged rear, "L" only / Clear side bumper lights / 2001 tail lights / hard-wired Valentine One

Last edited by garnet92; 06-28-02 at 11:09 PM..
garnet92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-02, 11:07 PM   #17
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Send a message via AIM to garnet92
Default Another pic

Check out the tire position.
Attached Images

'99 GS400 Pearl White / HID / NAK / Tinted / Altstadt Lubeck 19x8.5, 9.5 / Bridgestone S-03 245/35, 275/30 / L-Tuned Shocks / Springs / Exhaust / ECU / TRD Struts & STB / SRT HFI w/race ecu / Weapon-R CAB / PI TC / Hayden cooler / TM plugs / TTE Grille / Debadged rear, "L" only / Clear side bumper lights / 2001 tail lights / hard-wired Valentine One
garnet92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-02, 03:38 AM   #18
Hudini
Lead Lap

Send a message via AIM to Hudini Send a message via Yahoo to Hudini

LOVE YOUR RIMS/LIPS!!!!!!!!!! One of the best I've seen........
Hudini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-02, 04:15 AM   #19
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Very nice..... Man your light years from the "Garnet ride". I knew you would like the GS even more as you added to it...... Good choice and very unique....
SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!
tinygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-02, 04:23 AM   #20
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally posted by garnet92
Cam Ė yes, itís lowered (L-Tuned suspension) youíre just used to seeing skirts on (and off too, I hope).
AgGS Ė Agreed, gs4will was a big help. Youíre right on, super low rear and normal front. I donít know about 285ís, sure looks like it would fit Ė while at rest, donít know about compressed suspension. My chart shows only .1Ē difference in diameter (25.7 and 25.6) and it sure isnít detectable by the naked eye Ė at least not mine. The same may be true with offset Ė can we detect 5mm difference even when looking down the side of the car? Both front and back of mine are about as aggressive as I could want. Iíll post another picture looking right down the side of the car so the tire position can be better seen.

And gs4will answered some of the other questions more expertly than I could and thanks to him.
Yep, if your not interested in any fender mod, the 275 on a +41 19" wheel is max. It wont matter if you use 9.5" or 10" width, the additional 5mm to the street side(for certain with an S-03) will cause you to chirp over larger compressions/humps/bumps at speed...
Tire Rack now sells two different wheels(SSR GT-3 ans Superlegra 2-piece) in 19x10" for the GS. Both are only offered in +41 offset. I spoke to a rep there that said they have done testing on three different GS's using both Eibach pro-kit and H+R springs.
The 275 never rubbed, the 285 always rubbed. Either way, I personally think 275 is undersized on a 10" wheel.....
tinygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-02, 04:35 AM   #21
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by tinygs
Very nice..... Man your light years from the "Garnet ride". I knew you would like the GS even more as you added to it...... Good choice and very unique....
SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!
Hehehe...I was going to say the same thing about his SC! Congrats Garnet...looks nice...once it's lowered some more, it'll look REAL nice!
Old 07-15-03, 06:15 PM   #22
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

Sorry, doing research on 275 rears vs 285 rears. Love the car!
Old 07-15-03, 06:15 PM

Tags
19x85, 2008, 36, alastatd, clublexus, exhaust, gs, gs400, ltuned, lubeck, pearl, srt, white