GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Issues with SRT (Swift Racing Technologies)???

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-10, 12:50 PM
Kubs
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with SRT (Swift Racing Technologies)???

Hey Guy's,

Have any of you purchased from SRT recently? I've seen other members talk about there products and seemed to be happy. Recently I purchased a Cold Air intake from them $600(charged to my card) and nothing, literrally!!!

Mohammed, at SRT told me it would be shipped in a week to week & half and nothing. I mean they dont even pick up the phone! Are they out of business? Did i just get jipped out of my money?

When you call, their voicemail states they are delayed in shipment of Turbokits (granted I am not buying a turbokit) to send an email and that doesnt seem to produce a response...

Any Suggestions??? I would rather avoid any discrepancies but if I have to i will...
Old 06-12-10, 12:52 PM
CBRA928
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

i was very happy with my SRT Kit... shipping took a little while but worth the wait. wish they made something for the 3GS
Old 06-12-10, 03:38 PM
kped Gs430
Lexus Test Driver

Same hear shipping took a lonnnnggg time but for me its worth the wait but them not answering that's weird they answered each time i called them hmmmmm....
Old 06-12-10, 04:20 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

I'm too having issues with them picking up the phone. I'm looking for some tech support but they're not much help.
Old 06-12-10, 04:22 PM
Kubs
Rookie

Default Thanks for the feedback...

Originally Posted by CBRA928
i was very happy with my SRT Kit... shipping took a little while but worth the wait. wish they made something for the 3GS
Well that's good to know it was only just a wait... Any noticeable gains?

Originally Posted by kped Gs430
Same hear shipping took a lonnnnggg time but for me its worth the wait but them not answering that's weird they answered each time i called them hmmmmm....
Yeah i've tried getting into contact with them 3 days now and nothing, no email repsonse on the phone... Not sure what is going on, especially when i dished out $600.

Notice any actual performance, also you get any hassle from cops out here in Cali due to the noise, especially in the OC.?
Old 06-12-10, 04:37 PM
kped Gs430
Lexus Test Driver

Well i think there was major noticeable gains or maybe that's just me haha but it sounds beast i remember the first week i had i would just step on the gas every now and then just to hear her purr haha and no no trouble with the cops its only loud when you want it to be
Old 06-12-10, 04:53 PM
vipXjunky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

last time i called (june 1st) they told me they were backed up on orders for the SRT...
Old 06-12-10, 05:32 PM
Kubs
Rookie

Well i think there was major noticeable gains or maybe that's just me haha but it sounds beast i remember the first week i had i would just step on the gas every now and then just to hear her purr haha and no no trouble with the cops its only loud when you want it to be
I agree with it sounding like a beast. I heard a buddy of mine the other da and it sounded sweet. I'm considering getting a Borla Exhaust from Carson Toyota... what you think? any preferences on Exhaust? also have you heard the Borla exhaust?
Old 06-12-10, 05:44 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRA928
I wish they would also we need some love for the 3gen GS
Old 06-12-10, 06:02 PM
kped Gs430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kubs
I agree with it sounding like a beast. I heard a buddy of mine the other da and it sounded sweet. I'm considering getting a Borla Exhaust from Carson Toyota... what you think? any preferences on Exhaust? also have you heard the Borla exhaust?
The borla exhaust is nice..... but too quite in my opinion and anyways i wouldn't get the same exhaust as your friend get something better check out the gs classifieds your bound to find something nice and not to expensive
Old 06-13-10, 01:41 AM
Kubs
Rookie

The borla exhaust is nice..... but too quite in my opinion and anyways i wouldn't get the same exhaust as your friend get something better check out the gs classifieds your bound to find something nice and not to expensive
Any recommendations on Exhausts?
Old 06-13-10, 02:23 AM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SRT is known for great products but unfortunately very poor customer service, especially when it comes to getting in touch with them. I say just keep trying to get ahold of them anyway you can until you hear back and your problem is resolved.

I've dealt with them before when I purchased my fuel pump hanger and I got lucky because my transaction went smoothly. Good luck.
Old 06-13-10, 10:12 AM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

Should of just got a injen intake and have it at your door in 3 days
Old 06-13-10, 10:38 AM
tom steele
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

or a k&n fpik for 200 is a lot cheaper and you can find them used all over
Old 06-13-10, 10:43 AM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

When I bought mine about 1 year ago, I was told the same thing (1 or 2 weeks delivery) but it had arrived 1 month and a bit later.

But phone calls were always answered.

Quick Reply: Issues with SRT (Swift Racing Technologies)???