GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

VIP Styled 2GS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-14, 10:40 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFC89
Not a fan in what the VIP fitment scene has become. Cars look mexi flush when at driving height. I prefer the early to mid 2000's fitment. Now its Ultra-aggressive, demon camber etc. etc. Just not a fan. Be glad when the fad has ran its course and disappears like the rest. Sad thing is there will be a lot of cars with jacked up fenders by the time it loses its appeal.
Although I don't agree with everything you say, I do understand what you mean. But VIP style has been around LONG before it became mainstream in North America and will be around for a long time still. VIP style is the original styling that started the whole flush movement and demon camber etc. Not all VIP style goes that extreme but it did definitely pave the way. This later translated to drift cars and then now you see staggered Weds Kranze on Mazda 3's and Civic with like negative 8 degrees of camber (which is getting really old really fast) for the love of having the biggest lips possible. But it will always be accepted in VIP styling on the sole fact that it is where it all came from.

Let's just clear something up for the record and this is not directed to anyone specific or an attack in anyone on this forum. If you have a rep TTE lip or vertex kit or any other lame kit you can get off of ebay with a tsuna/fusa and slammed with duck bill rolled fenders you are not VIP. It's a combination of many things and how well it's executed a not cutting any corners. Real VIP cars have a ridiculous amount of money dumped on the interior dress up of their cars. No I'm not talking about curtains, pretzels and neck pads. We're talking over the top custom full reupholstered interiors, dashes, headliners, ridiculous amount of lighting and etc. If you look at the body work of true VIP styles cars you'll probably see a ton of custom body work like complete custom wide body (not duck bill rolled fenders) and custom front vented front fenders. And the audio systems, don't get me started! They have the most sick setups. For those who've seen them, you know what I'm allying about

For those who actually want to take the time to observe and learn actual VIP style if suggest getting a stack of Vipstyle or vipcar magazines and take notes

Last edited by Sonic_RC; 04-12-14 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-17-14, 09:37 PM
sc4jms
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think some might get their feelings hurt by the last statement. Just breathe.
Old 05-02-14, 10:16 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
Let's just clear something up for the record and this is not directed to anyone specific or an attack in anyone on this forum. If you have a rep TTE lip or vertex kit or any other lame kit you can get off of ebay with a tsuna/fusa and slammed with duck bill rolled fenders you are not VIP. It's a combination of many things and how well it's executed a not cutting any corners. Real VIP cars have a ridiculous amount of money dumped on the interior dress up of their cars. No I'm not talking about curtains, pretzels and neck pads. We're talking over the top custom full reupholstered interiors, dashes, headliners, ridiculous amount of lighting and etc. If you look at the body work of true VIP styles cars you'll probably see a ton of custom body work like complete custom wide body (not duck bill rolled fenders) and custom front vented front fenders. And the audio systems, don't get me started! They have the most sick setups. For those who've seen them, you know what I'm allying about
Old 05-02-14, 11:07 PM
vipXjunky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
Although I don't agree with everything you say, I do understand what you mean. But VIP style has been around LONG before it became mainstream in North America and will be around for a long time still. VIP style is the original styling that started the whole flush movement and demon camber etc. Not all VIP style goes that extreme but it did definitely pave the way. This later translated to drift cars and then now you see staggered Weds Kranze on Mazda 3's and Civic with like negative 8 degrees of camber (which is getting really old really fast) for the love of having the biggest lips possible. But it will always be accepted in VIP styling on the sole fact that it is where it all came from.

For those who actually want to take the time to observe and learn actual VIP style if suggest getting a stack of Vipstyle or vipcar magazines and take notes

This is REAL! There are too many common mods that people think is "VIP" People come to my car and say nice VIP, i just tell them its nothing compared to VIP. Someone should just make a "clean and simple" thread if there isn't already one, but please save this thread for real VIP
Old 05-03-14, 08:35 AM
kped Gs430
Lexus Test Driver

Damn my feelings are hurt :/ lol but yeap true vip style cars in the U.S are just about a handful. Even the cars that just buy kits off the internet like Aimgain and junction produce and slam it on airsuspenison arnt a true vip car in my opinion. It's all about the custom work wether it be the fender work, or custom bodykit and insane suspension + engine work. Vip cars in the U.S. are like a high school team and Japan is the major leagues. You can't compare the two.
Old 05-03-14, 11:57 AM
vipXjunky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kped Gs430
Damn my feelings are hurt :/ lol but yeap true vip style cars in the U.S are just about a handful. Even the cars that just buy kits off the internet like Aimgain and junction produce and slam it on airsuspenison arnt a true vip car in my opinion. It's all about the custom work wether it be the fender work, or custom bodykit and insane suspension + engine work. Vip cars in the U.S. are like a high school team and Japan is the major leagues. You can't compare the two.
Bro, your car has a unique body work to it, I would consider your car VIP. 👍
Old 05-03-14, 12:41 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

I would agree with BBRolex. there's a select few on here that can be categorized as VIP with the nice fenders and custom interiors. As someone mentioned in another post that VIP is just a fad well it's been around for years and will continue to do so. As far as I'm concerned it's one of the most popular themes at car shows. my up most respect to all who are VIP. it's takes patience, talent, hard work, and creativity to be VIP.
Old 05-04-14, 12:12 PM
Riksgs808
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^nicely said tmf2004^^^. It's those few on here that keep me motivated and strive to be even close to their level. There are some hard acts to follow in the 2gs scene.
Old 05-05-14, 08:50 AM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kped Gs430
Well if being a "true VIP" car requires me to go completely upside down in investment on the build basically cutting the potential buyers when I resale down by 99% then I guess my car is nothing close to VIP. I have the up most respect for the time put into some of these builds but I don't feel ruining your fenders with a gallon of filler and turning your interior red a requirement to be VIP. You can build a VIP car without going crazy and keep your car cosmetically clean while retaining its original body lines which ultimately allows it to hold maximum resale value. Nothing looks more ridiculous then one of these Stanced cars put back on stock suspension and wheels trying to be sold. I see them all the time working in the car resale industry. Imo there are different levels of VIP. I'd classify my car as a very mild VIP car but its still VIP. The great thing is I can have this car looking completely stock in about 2 hours and get maximum resale value for it.
Attached Thumbnails VIP Styled 2GS Thread-photo.jpg  
Old 05-05-14, 09:22 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I hope no one was offended on my previous post. I wasn't trying to call out anyone or take anything away from anyone's build. Its just that so many people get side tracked and totally miss the point of what vip style really is and send the wrong message to noobs trying to get into the scene. I would never shut a guy down and put down their ride because I know everyone needs to start from somewhere. Its just that there are so many who are like "hey look at my vip GS" when all it is, is just stanced with nice wheels. Theres so much more to it than that. Sure its a great start but if you wanna be vip all I can say is DON'T CUT CORNERS

examples
-Rocking a fake TTE lip or JP rep kit (even no kit is better). A TTE lip is sporty not vip and sucks because there are a million copies on ebay. There's nothing wrong with a "off the shelf" kit, but if you're gonna call it a vip car, then get a vip kit (eg: Aimgain, K-Break, Mode Parfume, Artisan Spirits, Job Design, J-Unit, etc etc). You wanna know who rocks a Vertex kit right THIS GUY You know why, because there's nothing vip about it

-If you're ging to pull your fenders, do it proper and don't make it look like s***. People are so obsessed with having retardedly huge dishes that they will f*** up their fenders just to get it. Its like people forgot how to make a car look clean.

This is proper
1 2 3

This is copping out (no offence if these belong to anyone on this forum)
1 2

Its not necessary to have crazy fenders. You can still maintain the original body lines with aggressive wheels with the proper suspension components. Here's some great examples
1 2

Here are some examples of REAL vip style interiors. Its not always about curtains and neck pads. Its about trying to make is as custom and plush and possible
1 2

Anyways I'm done ranting........ for now

Last edited by Sonic_RC; 05-07-14 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-05-14, 10:06 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

so your saying vip'd outs car is not vip?
Old 05-05-14, 10:16 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFC89
Well if being a "true VIP" car requires me to go completely upside down in investment on the build basically cutting the potential buyers when I resale down by 99% then I guess my car is nothing close to VIP. I have the up most respect for the time put into some of these builds but I don't feel ruining your fenders with a gallon of filler and turning your interior red a requirement to be VIP. You can build a VIP car without going crazy and keep your car cosmetically clean while retaining its original body lines which ultimately allows it to hold maximum resale value. Nothing looks more ridiculous then one of these Stanced cars put back on stock suspension and wheels trying to be sold. I see them all the time working in the car resale industry. Imo there are different levels of VIP. I'd classify my car as a very mild VIP car but its still VIP. The great thing is I can have this car looking completely stock in about 2 hours and get maximum resale value for it.
Yosup just sold his ridiculously modified LS430 in about 4 days for thousands more than the ones that were posted in the classifieds before his and that are still there. If a car is done right it I'll sell itself. Even l... who is set on an all stock LS430 was texting him waiting in line for other offers to buy his car fall through.

Side note - love Ur tint

Last edited by MikeFoxx; 05-05-14 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-06-14, 12:28 AM
kped Gs430
Lexus Test Driver

Everyone has different tastes and opinions, lets just get back to posting dope cars !!!
Old 05-06-14, 01:12 AM
Riksgs808
Lead Lap

Just because you got some wide lip JDM wheels and a drop weather it be coilovers or air, it doesn't make it VIP. I understand that's the path they are headed to, but there is more to it. I dont think it's necessarily about how much cash you throw at it, but more on the execution, style, and uniqueness. Do it proper. Dare to be different. I'm on air, I got scaras, that doesn't make me VIP. I got a long way to go too. There's more to it than just rims, suspension, and a fusa.
Old 05-06-14, 01:26 AM
Lutkis
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I remember reading about this VIP debate from VSC back in '07 or '08.
CL catches up with it slowly but surely.

Quick Reply: VIP Styled 2GS Thread