GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Should Lexus Recall 2nd Gen GS' for VSC(Throttle Body/B2 Sensor) Ball Joint Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-10, 12:08 PM
G4inRich
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should Lexus Recall 2nd Gen GS' for VSC(Throttle Body/B2 Sensor) Ball Joint Problems?

I love my 99' GS400. Its my baby. I really haven't had any major problems with it besides almost gettin on the highway before having my ball joints give out And it was the time when that "oh so" popular VSC light kept comin on and it ended up being my Throttle Body that needed replacing. But besides that, nothing major. But since being on CL I've noticed that alot of us have had to replace our ball joints and deal with the VSC light. What do you guys think? I came out of pocket to repair both of these problems within year one of gettin mines and she only had 60k miles on her. Not complaining at all, I love my car. There's nothin to me thats better than a clean GS(especially a Black ONe ). Just curious.
Old 04-13-10, 12:12 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

They should but i doubt it will happen
Old 04-13-10, 12:28 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
They should but i doubt it will happen
x2 , actually though the correct answer is they should but if they havent by now they arent gonna
Old 04-13-10, 01:45 PM
fenderzig
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ Right on! I think Lexus is far beyond having any kind of a recall on 2nd gen GSs.
Old 04-13-10, 02:31 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by fenderzig
^^^ Right on! I think Lexus is far beyond having any kind of a recall on 2nd gen GSs.
that and they to busy with the IS,ES,HS and other recalls
Old 04-13-10, 02:56 PM
BigClexus
Rookie

Yes they should have a recall... where can we complain about this?
Old 04-13-10, 04:57 PM
G4inRich
Rookie

Unfortunately, I think yall right. If any type of recall was going to happen it probably would have been then taken place. I was talkin to a buddy of mines who works here at Lexus of Richmond in the parts dept. He said something needs to be done because like, more than 80% of the people who get a GS within the years of 98 and 04' have those distinct problems. Also, the guy at the Toyota parts dept. was kinda shocked at the fact of how many people I know that have a GS and go thru these same problems. I told him about CL and all the testimonials. I told him I was going to come back thru tomorrow and see what he thinks. Not really expecting much from this whole thing. Just wanna see what he thinks.
Old 04-13-10, 05:15 PM
BigClexus
Rookie

I think if everyone flooded lexus and proper govt. agencies with complaints we could have a new set of ball joints or be reimbursed for previous work. Im not saying this with the connotation of sticking it to lexus, im more coming from the justice side of things.
Old 04-13-10, 05:49 PM
GS300-2002
Pole Position

I feel badly for toyota and lexus for all of their current recalls but am not sure why they havent fixed the problem??? With this in mind they are not about to throw out another recall on a car made 12 years ago when people in prius's (who knows the plural of prius?) are doing 100 down the highway because they are to stupid to JUST PUT THE D@MN THING IN NEUTRAL pull over and shut it off
Old 04-13-10, 06:36 PM
McKrevice
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Toyota is too busy dealing with bad publicity from people that are dying in their cars.

Here's how to stop a Toyota with a stuck accelerator pedal.

Work Warning for language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ4Pt...layer_embedded
Old 04-13-10, 07:12 PM
BigClexus
Rookie

In the end it is easy for a bunch of car enthusiasts to say "throw it in neutral"... in the end the accelerators should not be sticking. If Toyota wants to use some cheep crap from china in their cars, so be it, but be prepared to deal with the consequences a few years down the road... just like cheep mods. The biggest BS out of this whole thing is that the few and proud 2G GS owners were not able to get something worth $2k to your life fixed when the masses were able to get a $5 part fixed.
Old 04-13-10, 07:35 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Not that it's a good thing, but until something very bad happens to someone with a higher mileage GS that can be traced to the faulty balljoints...I don't think Toyota will do anything. Even then, they probably still will not issue a recall. They are like any other automotive company. Factor X amount of incidents VS out of court settlement to families and then factored by how many cars were made. Most of the time it costs them less to settle out of court than to issue a recall.

This question has been raised several times on the forums before and I have always had the same answer: No action will be taken until a significant amount of people are injured and start suing the company.

Of course it's not very ethical, but it saves them money and that's what all companies are about in the end.
Old 04-13-10, 07:37 PM
LexFather

We should just sell and trade in all our Lexus cars. They are all rolling deathtraps.
Old 04-13-10, 08:22 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 04-13-10, 08:31 PM
benbuilt4u
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just think its sad we have room to complain at all we are completely spoiled rotten with the build quality and reliabilty of our lexus's. go buy a BMW, VW, AUDI, Or any other brand of our caliper put 100k on it and compare cost ownership.

Quick Reply: Should Lexus Recall 2nd Gen GS' for VSC(Throttle Body/B2 Sensor) Ball Joint Problems?