GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

pics/bye clublexus

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-10, 01:31 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default pics/bye clublexus

well guys its been a real hard dicision but iv decieded its time to sell the lexus. honestly the way my life is right now im gunna man up and step outside the teenage world im in and do what i gotta do. im 17 i have no job and have no luck when trying to find one. my mom is a single mom and its killing her to keep this car running. even gas is hard for her. and im not gunna sit here and watch her struggle. i got this car cause i thought i would get a job by now but i guess the economy is worse then i thought. i started buying and selling stuff on craigslist and after what almost happend to me weeks ago i need a less dangerous way to make money. but to make it short i can't afford a lexus so im letting it go. i never really got any good pictures for you guys but i just got it buffed and waxed and i barrowed my friends camera just so i could get some good pics on here before i go.

sorry if i thought some of you guys were a$$holes but i know you guys were trying to help. im gunna miss everyone on here and just wanted to say thanks to everyone that helped me through every problem i had with my car. this isn't the last time i will be on this forum and i loved my cars, lexus is the way to go definatly . give me a few years and ill have that gs300 with a supra swap i hope you guys like the pics
bye ill see you guys around!!
Old 04-04-10, 01:43 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry to hear about ur situation. It's a struggle for most people these days. However I do commend you on your good sense and wisdom beyond ur years to help your mom and the situation that you find yourself in. I'm sure that in due time you will have what you wish for and that you will be happy with the choice that you made. Good luck!!
Old 04-04-10, 02:50 PM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your situation as well, this economy blows.

+1 with you manning up and doing the right thing, we shall await your return!

Good luck with everything.
Old 04-04-10, 03:00 PM
tonysgs300
Lead Lap

are you gonna keep the lex the way it is or part it out? if you wanna sell the rims let me know? Good luck with everything
Old 04-04-10, 03:08 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

That looks sweet!! Sorry you have to give her up

Old 04-04-10, 03:16 PM
English66
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You got to do what's best for you and your family
Old 04-04-10, 04:30 PM
G's Up
Rookie

Decision* Decided* Happened* Borrowed* Definitely* Your car was out cold. Stay in school, work hard, keep a balance, hug your mom, hold on to those rosaries and hopefully one day you'll come back with a triple black Nissan GT-R or something. Best of luck!
Old 04-04-10, 05:37 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good luck with the job search, I got layed off in January and JUST got a job. I ended up taking something that pays less than half of what I should be making but there just isn't much out there right now. Just stick with it and keep looking, eventually something will pop up.

On another note, if you put the car back to stock you will have a much broader range of people to sell to and will get more money for it. I'm sure if you put those tail lights and wheels etc...up in the classifieds as trade for stock plus cash you will get a few extra $$$ and sell your car easier as well.
Old 04-04-10, 06:06 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

GL on your journey... Keep looking.. There are jobs out there. Especially with the larger companies like CVS and Walmart, Don't be like these other people who don't want to work because there to proud to work or work in a job that pays little.. A job is a job.. Great looking GS my man..
Old 04-04-10, 07:05 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
GL on your journey... Keep looking.. There are jobs out there. Especially with the larger companies like CVS and Walmart, Don't be like these other people who don't want to work because there to proud to work or work in a job that pays little.. A job is a job.. Great looking GS my man..
Well said, I hope that isn't the case here. I was literally 24 hours away from taking a job at Kmart stocking shelves for minimum wage when the job I just got popped up. To make it worse I have a bachelors in engineering, a minor in math and years of mechanical experience but in my area there was just nothing available and I was about to take a job for $8 an hour just to eat. I'm sure if your really wanted to you could find a job,at your age look into these industries:

Large retailers (Walmart, Kmart, Sears)
Grocery Stores
Landscaping (you know how to use a shovel right?)
Car Dealerships (Know how to wash/detail a car)
Paper Route (it's enough to cover gas for driving to other job interviews and only takes an hour or two a day)

Don't get me wrong, the market is bad right now, but if you are young and need an entry level job you are better off than people who are experienced/degreed as the higher the salary the harder it is to get a job.

Another option to look into....when I was in my early twenties I was working full time, 6 days a week and needed extra cash so I went around my neighborhood, door to door and mowed people's lawns on Sundays.

You just have to ask yourself how bad you want to keep your car, maybe if you try some of the places I mentioned, sell your subs and wheels and go back to stock for a little while then at least you can keep the car and mod it again when the time comes. I waited a long time to pick up a torque converter for my car bc I couldn't afford it, finally a great deal came along and I bought one....a few weeks later I got laid off and the first thing to go was the torque converter even though I'd waited two years to finally get one. It sucked to have it right there in my hands and have to sell it but you do what you have to, basically what I'm getting at is sell the wheels, sell the subs/amp, sell the headunit and whatever else you can to get some cash and keep hard on the job hunt, you can always get more wheels and another stereo down the road. In the meantime take the money from the parts and use it to go to and from interviews and things you HAVE to do. If you don't HAVE to go somewhere don't waste the gas, eat at home (ramen is about 25 cents a meal) and spend your free time on craigslist, your local newspaper and phone book cold calling places asking if they could use some help...a couple part time jobs will go a long way.

Last edited by macd7919; 04-04-10 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-04-10, 07:11 PM
flipicanez
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't say I can blame you. Unemployment has been leaving me with $15 every two weeks for groceries after bills, rent and car payment. Trust me, I have thought about giving Kasume up.

But your mom is your only mom, and quite frankly, it's just a car. Got nothing but love for that sacrifice.
Old 04-04-10, 07:40 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Sorry to hear this... GL on the road.
Old 04-04-10, 07:40 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by macd7919
Well said, I hope that isn't the case here. I was literally 24 hours away from taking a job at Kmart stocking shelves for minimum wage when the job I just got popped up. To make it worse I have a bachelors in engineering, a minor in math and years of mechanical experience but in my area there was just nothing available and I was about to take a job for $8 an hour just to eat. I'm sure if your really wanted to you could find a job,at your age look into these industries:

Large retailers (Walmart, Kmart, Sears)
Grocery Stores
Landscaping (you know how to use a shovel right?)
Car Dealerships (Know how to wash/detail a car)
Paper Route (it's enough to cover gas for driving to other job interviews and only takes an hour or two a day)

Don't get me wrong, the market is bad right now, but if you are young and need an entry level job you are better off than people who are experienced/degreed as the higher the salary the harder it is to get a job.

Another option to look into....when I was in my early twenties I was working full time, 6 days a week and needed extra cash so I went around my neighborhood, door to door and mowed people's lawns on Sundays.

You just have to ask yourself how bad you want to keep your car, maybe if you try some of the places I mentioned, sell your subs and wheels and go back to stock for a little while then at least you can keep the car and mod it again when the time comes. I waited a long time to pick up a torque converter for my car bc I couldn't afford it, finally a great deal came along and I bought one....a few weeks later I got laid off and the first thing to go was the torque converter even though I'd waited two years to finally get one. It sucked to have it right there in my hands and have to sell it but you do what you have to, basically what I'm getting at is sell the wheels, sell the subs/amp, sell the headunit and whatever else you can to get some cash and keep hard on the job hunt, you can always get more wheels and another stereo down the road. In the meantime take the money from the parts and use it to go to and from interviews and things you HAVE to do. If you don't HAVE to go somewhere don't waste the gas, eat at home (ramen is about 25 cents a meal) and spend your free time on craigslist, your local newspaper and phone book cold calling places asking if they could use some help...a couple part time jobs will go a long way.

Very well said MAC, I hope i wasn't to harsh on my reply.. Its just to many people are lazy and take advantage of the system.. Sometimes we have jobs that we don't like but it pays the bills and something better will eventually come along..
Old 04-04-10, 07:42 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by gsean400
i started buying and selling stuff on craigslist and after what almost happend to me weeks ago i need a less dangerous way to make money.
Not to pry but what almost happened to you via craigslist? Someone try to jack u on a met up or something?

Just wondering, may help someone in the future if there were warning signs or situation for people look out for.

Sorry to hear, and I kinda agree that unless you don't have the stock parts to return to that you can make alot more parting out the aftermarket stuff and the stock car will appeal to many more age groups.
Old 04-04-10, 08:04 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, you have to do what you have to do It's good to see you're not on of those teens that care only about themselves. Remember hard work is always rewarded. BTW, there HAS to be a job for you, are you looking close enough?

Quick Reply: pics/bye clublexus