Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

And so it begins.... (Yakuza_GS project build)

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-12, 01:04 PM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maxx941@gmail.com 3,4,5,6,8
Really Nice Pics, Send them all if you can
Old 01-15-12, 03:33 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll take all the pics if you don't mind.. danieltcoffey@gmail.com

Thanks bro.
Old 01-25-12, 07:03 PM
gs400rpg
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
Finally completed installing the Air Force air suspension universal kit. I'm pretty happy with the ride height, comfort and overall outcome. I installed the Dakota Digital pressure and height controller along with 8 solenoid valves for full customization, its not too pretty right now (which is why no photos of the trunk setup) but I might just opt for the Accuair VU4 Selenoid box for a cleaner install. This thing is great!! It displays the pressure on each bag as well as the air tank and holds up to 3 height presets (Low/Med/High). It can also control each individual air bag, or both front or rear at the same time or all four all at once. Now I can't wait till the rubber for my rims to come in. I'll be going for a photoshoot as soon as they come in
I currious as I'm looking at the Air Force air suspension as well but not sure how you did yours. I thought the universal kit couldn't do FBSS and individual? On their web site seems I needed the super pro kit for the 8 valves to do that? The website dosn't seem very clear to me.

Do you have more pics of the bag install?

How hard is installing the dakota digital to work with just the universal kit?

If you would do it over again what exactly would you do?

We can PM if you prefer, thanks again!
Old 01-25-12, 07:26 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Interior is stunning!
Old 01-30-12, 09:49 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well its been a while now since I last updated you guys on any recent progress. My car has been in hibernation for the winter. I don't know about you guys but every time I put my car away I get as giddy as a schoolgirl when it comes time to take her out again. Anytime put my car into storage, I want it to feel like a new experience when I take it out. So what do you do when you can't drive your car? You buy s#!t for it LOL!!!

As some of you guys know I recently had my brakes disassembled to have them powder coated. (photos here)I finally had time to get the rebuild kits and slap them back together. I also picked up a pair of CNC'ed caliper emblems and had them polished to give it that final touch. I haven't decided if I'll put the "L" logo on the rears or not yet. All in all I think they turned out pretty good.

While I was at it I figured I would get a set of SS brake lines, drilled/slotted rotors, pads and FIGS 17mm RCAs for clearance. I also got the uber rare illuminated door sills (don't even ask )

I also picked up and just finished installing a set of Monarch puddle lights

Many have asked me "why I've never changed out my stereo?". I actually had no excuse for this LOL. Even when I bought the car, only half of the LCD from the radio worked LOL. I couldn't even see what station I was on or volume. Every time I had to disconnect the battery to work on something it took me like 30mins to preset all my stations haha. Anyways, so I had enough and finally coughed up for a Pioneer AVIC-X930BT w/OEM Toyota 2DIN kit and also picked up a 09+ Camry backup camera and Compustar alarm. I was always on the fence about whether or not to get windows visors or not. It's not like I hated them, but I wasn;t in love with them either, but oh well I figured I'd give 'em a try. And if I don't like them I'm sure you guys would be all over them like white on rice LOL.

And now saving the best for last. The granddaddy of all 2GS grilles. After many weeks of waiting my Junction Produce grille finally arrives. I damn near blew my load when I opened the box.

The weather is finally starting to clear up a little in my area, so I'll be able to finally taker her our of hibernation. I'll post up some pics once the parts are installed.

Originally Posted by gs400rpg
I currious as I'm looking at the Air Force air suspension as well but not sure how you did yours. I thought the universal kit couldn't do FBSS and individual? On their web site seems I needed the super pro kit for the 8 valves to do that? The website dosn't seem very clear to me.

Do you have more pics of the bag install?

How hard is installing the dakota digital to work with just the universal kit?

If you would do it over again what exactly would you do?

We can PM if you prefer, thanks again!
In a way you're right. The universal kit alone will not let you got FBSS or individual but thats where the Dakota controller and the 8 valves come in. The Dakota system was pretty easy to install. It's really just a matter or connecting the brain to the vales and setting up the heights with the controller. Its actually the exact same as it would have been if I bought the Super Performance kit but the SP kit sends a wireless signal to the key fob.. which Dakota also has as an add-on

Last edited by Sonic_RC; 01-31-12 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-30-12, 09:59 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

uummmm WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where did you get the lexus leters for the brakes??????? pm me if you wanna. could you also pm me the prices for the pioneer and back up camera? thanks. cant wait to see this all done!!
Old 01-30-12, 10:31 PM
SPRTNYDSN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal Cyco
uummmm WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where did you get the lexus leters for the brakes??????? pm me if you wanna. could you also pm me the prices for the pioneer and back up camera? thanks. cant wait to see this all done!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kspeed-LEXUS...ht_8339wt_1265

Old 01-30-12, 10:41 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I pm'd him the link but thanks for the ginormous image :P
Old 01-31-12, 05:48 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Gorgeous!!!! All I gotta say, haha.

And wtf is with everyone getting stuff from Japan and i'm not even allowed to place my order yet.
Old 01-31-12, 09:25 AM
try2fndmrk
Pole Position

Greatt progress!!
Old 01-31-12, 10:03 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That JP grille is really gonna set off your exterior
Old 01-31-12, 10:55 AM
Kzem
Pole Position

Calipers Look Great i feel the same about getting to take it out and drive it again after a while
Old 01-31-12, 03:59 PM
gs400rpg
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the answers for the airride. Can't wait to see this spring how she looks!
Old 01-31-12, 05:02 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Wow great mods... Definitely interested in the caliper emblems as well... Are the rear emblems the same? I've always been on the fence as well with the window visors...

Great looking GS man..
Old 03-01-12, 11:25 PM
clos430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Any updates yet ? I can't wait!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: And so it begins.... (Yakuza_GS project build)