GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Carson only place to get JDM double-din dash kit?

Old 04-07-10, 09:29 AM
KingNasGS4
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well im all upset now, I gave my car to a buddy while im here at work to do a total installation, of the whole entire shebang, headunit, subwoofer, door speakers, amps the FULL nine, but now since Im hearing you say that it doesnt work with it at all.

Im furious that I may have to wait 2 weeks to get this thing. I have been WANTING to do this for the longest I really dont wanna wait any longer

do you guys think this was intentional? If we ordered from carson, I think we would have gotten faceplate AND side mounting brackets all for the $55-$65

How could he "forget" to ask EVERYONE who ordered this if they needed the brackets?
I think we basically paid for everything already and now they want an extra 15 bucks making the total for this kit come out to $80. this is ridiculous. I think that 15 bucks IS for the shipping for the brackets, not the price of the brackets and free shipping. This HAD to be a mistake on their part.
I truly feel that these brackets would have been included in the order

ANYHOW, before I jump to conclusions, does anyone know if Carson Toyota provides brackets with their order? and what the total price is?

IF they do, I want my brackets free of charge

Last edited by KingNasGS4; 04-07-10 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-07-10, 11:11 AM
KingNasGS4
Instructor

Update,
Justin saw my previous posting, and gave me a call after I called and didn't get initial answer.

But he explained the situation to me thoroughly and explained where the error was. He seemed sincere in that it was a genuine mistake.
He's shipping the brackets out as soon as possible.
Still sucks that Ive gotta wait however long this will take to get here.
Old 04-07-10, 11:34 AM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, the brackets is a must with this kit. No way you can do without them. Paid 57 and some change for mine, local pick up.
Old 04-07-10, 12:29 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I was real frustrated initially as well, but it seems like an honest mistake like you said, I didn't think to ask exactly what was included, just assumed since the price was the same as Carson that the brackets were included. I don't think he was real familiar with these things and didn't think to clarify either.

The extra cost and wait is still a little frustrating but I'm satisfied with the way it's been dealt with. Still hoping I'll see my brackets this week but haven't heard that they're shipped. The faceplate got here real quick once it was mailed.
Old 04-11-10, 05:39 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I never knew there were brackets .. I sold the faceplate and gonna call jdm palace too
Old 04-11-10, 06:06 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kosi718
ARGGGHHH Im upset, I spent 65 Bucks from Elite autostyle JUST for a face plate?

I emailed Justin and he said that he apologizes that he didnt ask if I wanted it, and they want an extra 15 bucks for the side mounting brackets. He said since he didnt ask me, he would provide free shipping.

But is it true that the faceplate can be compatible with the original mounting brackets?
Thats what he told me. I havent taken my radio apart yet to see if it works
Anyone who wants this brand new plate only, send me a PM and i'll send it to you for a reasonable price.

Last edited by istundra; 04-19-12 at 10:55 PM.
Old 04-11-10, 07:21 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow, that sucks. I bought mine locally here in Hawaii and it came with the brackets. I think I only paid around $60 for everything. Not sure on exact price but it wasn't too expensive. You definitely need the brackets or you might as well just to a full custom job. Defeats the whole purpose of getting an OEM piece otherwise.
Old 04-11-10, 11:07 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Here's my AVN50D flush mount with JDM DD... in sport design.

I paid $51.xx shipped. If any needs faceplate only, hit me up. i'll see wut i can do.... or i might just as well paint this one silver so it matches my HVAC. :P
Old 04-11-10, 11:20 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by istundra
Here's my AVN50D flush mount with JDM DD... in sport design.

I paid $51.xx shipped. If any needs faceplate only, hit me up. i'll see wut i can do.... or i might just as well paint this one silver so it matches my HVAC. :P
thanks for the pic! i have a sport design too and was wondering what other owners did, cuase itll look weird if its jsut the plastic black
Old 04-11-10, 11:41 PM
KingNasGS4
Instructor

Well got mine installed a few days ago, actually the same day I spoke to Justin, don't have the brackets yet, but my installer used the original brackets and just slid the faceplate on top of the headunit, and basically jammed it between the ashtray and Climate control. until the brackets come, it doesnt fit flush at ALL the head unit is sticking out at LEAST about 1 full inch. I hope my brackets come soon.

BTW I changed my climate control bulbs too.
sorry about the sucky phone pics

Old 04-11-10, 11:55 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

was changing climate bulbs easy?
Old 04-12-10, 12:02 AM
KingNasGS4
Instructor

Originally Posted by LiLS
was changing climate bulbs easy?
Very much so after the climate control was out.

the installer basically did all the work when he was already taking out the old head unit. I just told him i wanna borrow for a few minutes and everything was self explaining
Old 04-12-10, 12:17 AM
istundra
Pole Position

get your brackets and flush mount it... all eclipse deck sit a little far out.

I flush mounted mine and it works great. Just be prepared to keep your wires clean and you have enough room to route it. Not too much room in the back once you slide it flush with the faceplate.

Old 04-12-10, 12:42 AM
KingNasGS4
Instructor

wait, so you drilled new holes through the bracket, correct?
Old 04-12-10, 01:18 AM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kosi718
Very much so after the climate control was out.

the installer basically did all the work when he was already taking out the old head unit. I just told him i wanna borrow for a few minutes and everything was self explaining
so what exactly do i gotta do once i take the climate control out
?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Carson only place to get JDM double-din dash kit?