GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Carson only place to get JDM double-din dash kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-10, 07:12 AM
KingNasGS4
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how do I contact Nigel? what does he vend? I need more info altogether, PM me
Old 03-19-10, 08:53 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

I have one, brand new in the box never installed, not sure if i want to let it go. The JDM one is better because the color of the kit matches the AC controls dash color. The other kits are just gray,black or some other ABS plastic color.
Old 03-31-10, 04:47 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Did anyone else who ordered this from eliteautostyle only get the plastic trim piece and not the metals brackets necessary to mount the HU and the trim piece?

I just got mine today and no brackets, I just emailed them and hopefully they take care of it but I'm pretty upset at the moment.
Old 03-31-10, 06:20 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
Did anyone else who ordered this from eliteautostyle only get the plastic trim piece and not the metals brackets necessary to mount the HU and the trim piece?

I just got mine today and no brackets, I just emailed them and hopefully they take care of it but I'm pretty upset at the moment.
Yeah that would suck if you wouldn't be able to use it without the brackets. Any word on Carson Toyo on these things.
Old 03-31-10, 06:42 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

I'm frustrated, the trim piece is pretty much useless without the brackets (unless you can fab brackets which I don't have the skills for), won't work with the stock pieces and I already paid $65 and waited almost 2 weeks for this thing. I've got my whole dash torn apart and wiring harness spliced waiting on this, I'm trying to get the car out of storage ASAP and this is one of the few things left to do.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt awaiting a response from the sales guy I'd dealt with, hoping he can resolve it quickly but I sent a link to the Carson page in my initial inquiry saying this is what I'm looking for and they charged the same price Carson does so I'm expecting the whole kit, not half of it.
Old 03-31-10, 09:08 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

I just got the face too from elite no brackets...The Metra fit much better than the OEM *sigh*
Old 03-31-10, 09:25 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo
I just got the face too from elite no brackets...The Metra fit much better than the OEM *sigh*
I wanted to think someone just messed up but it looks like that's what they're selling. Wish he wouldve said that up front, now I just threw away $65 unless they come through. Still haven't heard back from Justin, only been 5 hours but I'm not feeling real patient at the moment.
Old 03-31-10, 09:44 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

He's out of the country this week or something iirc
Old 03-31-10, 11:13 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

That would fit right in with the way things have been going lately! I've had nothing but headaches from the car the last couple weeks, bad cable on actuator that's costing me $200, extended wheel bolts that weren't long enough, $70 for longer bolts, now this holding things up. Sorry for the rant, needed to vent a little bit!
Old 04-01-10, 02:12 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Wanted to update this, got things straightened out with Justin, we weren't on the same page initially and there was a misunderstanding on exactly what I was looking for. He's taking care of it to my satisfaction and lexusscturbo and anyone else who ordered this can email him to get the same price on the brackets.

I was pretty frustrated and venting last night and probably shouldve given him more time to respond before I said too much so I want to make sure people reading this don't get the impression he's dishonest or anything like that, he seems like a standup guy and is doing what he can to make things right.
Old 04-06-10, 03:31 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Heads up on the Double DIN kits, just picked up mine from Carson Toyota.

They have arrived.

Last edited by rgarjr; 04-06-10 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-06-10, 04:12 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

I went through all this and I probably still could've gotten things together quicker sticking with my original Carson order.
Old 04-06-10, 04:44 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any1 got a sportdesign?
Old 04-06-10, 04:48 PM
KingNasGS4
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ARGGGHHH Im upset, I spent 65 Bucks from Elite autostyle JUST for a face plate?

I emailed Justin and he said that he apologizes that he didnt ask if I wanted it, and they want an extra 15 bucks for the side mounting brackets. He said since he didnt ask me, he would provide free shipping.

But is it true that the faceplate can be compatible with the original mounting brackets?
Thats what he told me. I havent taken my radio apart yet to see if it works
The following users liked this post:
Kira X (10-02-20)
Old 04-06-10, 05:48 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Mines all taken apart and I don't see any way the faceplate will work with the stock brackets.

I paid the $15 to elite for the brackets, I doubt I'll do any better and I've already gotthe faceplate sitting here. If I'd known up front I wouldn't have ordered but at least he's trying to do something for us. Haven't heard anything from them since I paid the $15 last Thursday, hoping it's shipped by now but don't want to bother him if I don't have to.

Last edited by Kyle Harty; 04-06-10 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Add info.

Quick Reply: Carson only place to get JDM double-din dash kit?