GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Cross-Section of GS Fuel Filter

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-10, 01:18 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
welcome sir, i had mine laying around for months. finally one day i got motivated....i promise it REALLY is simple. you'll see....

wow lotta miles...just have to remove rear seat. its under drivers side rear seat....search for directions to remove the seat
Based on the pic, it's really simple.

Direction to remove seat? no way! grab and pull up. Everything comes off LOL.
Old 06-20-10, 09:52 AM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

So how do you avoid getting gas everywhere when you pull the line off?
Old 06-21-10, 07:03 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chrispy
Leave the line in the tank there is not much pressure in there, and get a rag for the fuel assembly. I didn't get any fuel in the car. Don't do it in the garage either, I got high the first time I did it, then pushed the car out.

Last edited by slickgt1; 06-21-10 at 07:13 AM.
Old 06-28-10, 08:47 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

i got a empty soda bottle and put the line in it

Originally Posted by slickgt1
Leave the line in the tank there is not much pressure in there, and get a rag for the fuel assembly. I didn't get any fuel in the car. Don't do it in the garage either, I got high the first time I did it, then pushed the car out.
mine had quite a bit of pressure....i didnt get any in the car either but it was interesting starring into my gas tank when i had the assy out
Old 06-28-10, 09:40 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

So Brian... any difference afterwards?
Old 06-28-10, 10:00 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
So Brian... any difference afterwards?
yeah john about 2-3 more MPG extra BEFORE the audio AND now that i have my audio installed (extra 400 lb or so) im STILL getting 17-19 MPG
Old 07-15-10, 10:52 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

bringing this up once more guys.....

as the mythbusters would say this is

Name:  confirmed.jpg
Views: 2382
Size:  12.3 KB

i recently went to nashville and with my gf PLUS our bags in the car, ac on, full interior and extra couple of hundred pounds for stereo weight in the car, and doing 75 mph i got 23.14 from half a tank when i filled up to go home..... last time i did this with less weight (no stereo, no interior), NO A/C, AND GOING 65MPH best i could muster was low 22's MPG.

now add all that extra weight i had this trip plus the ac plus a faster speed and it should be easy to figure out this thing really works
Old 07-15-10, 10:59 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

don't use a screw driver to take off those bolts... like 8 or 12 of them, I forgot (it will get stripped).

That's nice to know that MPG improved. I finished mines a few weeks ago...thanks for the pictures guys.
Old 07-21-10, 11:05 PM
TonyHC
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Use a 8mm socket to remove those bolts instead of a phillips screwdriver. Be sure to transfer the O-ring and plastic nozzle from the old filter to the new one before reassembly. There are also rubber vibration dampeners that are on the ends of the filter and fuel pump end that need to be in the proper place before reassembly.

I will be cutting my old one apart soon to see the debris that was trapped.
Old 07-22-10, 06:46 AM
USMCLexus
Driver

Quote:

i got a empty soda bottle and put the line in it <---Make sure its NOT a plastic soda bottle or else the gasoline will melt that plastic.
Old 07-22-10, 08:27 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by USMCLexus
i got a empty soda bottle and put the line in it <---Make sure its NOT a plastic soda bottle or else the gasoline will melt that plastic.
i used a soda bottle as the gas wasnt gonna be in there for a extended period of time and briefly it will be fine. it wont melt immediately

im glad OP did this and hence pushed others including myself to do it. i saw 25.8 mpg with my heavy, heavy gs430 on the highway and 20.1 with half city and halfway. i was only seeing like 22-23 highway and 14-17 city. trust me if my fat *** pig of a car can do this mileage it should work very well for others (oh my biggest mod....lifting my right foot)
Old 08-14-10, 09:48 AM
palapinga
Rookie

can i have all the part numbers cause the toyota dealers here sell it to me cheaper cuz i got a hook and if any needs ford parts let me know i work and the parts counter
Old 08-16-10, 07:59 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ugh at the 8.01 from sewell with shipping $15.69
You're in Memphis, we're in Dallas. No need to pay the 2nd Day express rate when normal Ground shipping delivers at the same time.
Darrel
Old 08-16-10, 01:40 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by palapinga
can i have all the part numbers cause the toyota dealers here sell it to me cheaper cuz i got a hook and if any needs ford parts let me know i work and the parts counter
they listed in here....scroll through and READ them

Originally Posted by Sewell
You're in Memphis, we're in Dallas. No need to pay the 2nd Day express rate when normal Ground shipping delivers at the same time.
Darrel
hey now...i posted that 6 months ago. lol and dont get me wrong check my account i buy a handful through you'll. if i had ordered something else with it, it woulda been worth the shipping charge. IMHO, its just your small parts shipping would be better serviced through USPS or someone instead of UPS or FEDEX. its bad when the shipping is just as high as the part. but i know you'll take care of business, i prefer you'll to my local dealership.please dont get me wrong darrel, i appreciate what you'll do for the boards and me, especially, what you did for me with that actuator recently

i maybe down there soon and might stop in to say hello.also my cousin is a DFW cop down there so if you ever get a ticket and dont have someone to get you out of it, holler at me and i can see if i can help
Old 08-17-10, 06:44 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

... small parts shipping would be better serviced through USPS.
Yes, I've heard this many times before. I too like USPS...but not when a package doesn't get delivered. It's quite the undertaking to research and discover who, when and where a package was delivered. Whatever the case, it's still on the forefront for integrating their shipping options to our shopping cart.

I appreciate all the business!
Darrel

Quick Reply: Cross-Section of GS Fuel Filter