GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

TTE Front lip

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-10, 11:31 AM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2GS4Jay
I called TTE directly as I got in touch with sales. The thing is that they speak fluent german and I don't so I resorted to emailing.

Let's see what response I get.

I had told them I would set up a drop shipment/port location and purchase about 50 qty. As well as a 50 qty for the trunk spoiler. The way I'd do this would be to purchase it myself and then sort out who wants them and start taking deposits.

We'll see if they get back to me or not.
Jay that sounds like a good idea. I contacted TTE earlier and they seemed pretty interested in doing a group buy price. Best of luck and keep us updated on the news!!
Old 02-09-10, 02:05 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by 2GS4Jay
I called TTE directly as I got in touch with sales. The thing is that they speak fluent german and I don't so I resorted to emailing.

Let's see what response I get.

I had told them I would set up a drop shipment/port location and purchase about 50 qty. As well as a 50 qty for the trunk spoiler. The way I'd do this would be to purchase it myself and then sort out who wants them and start taking deposits.

We'll see if they get back to me or not.
really...?
dont get me wrong,i like the enthusiasm but even if they cut you a hell of a price....say 50 at $200 you STILL looking at $10,000 for the front lip + $10,000 for the trunk spoiler. if u got $20,000 to spend and wait on your return income i need to come be your friend. i just dont see anyone on here spending 20k and HOPING to sell them to people u know what i mean sir?
Old 02-09-10, 02:28 PM
SirBev
Pole Position

Lol, well alot of people like talking about what they are going to get so you need to take that into consideration also...Saying anything you want but when it comes down to it right now alot of people aren't going to part with there cash that easily....
Old 02-09-10, 09:43 PM
iloveGS4xx
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahah lol i Need one too!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-10, 05:13 AM
airestonia
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sakataj
no l-tuned is here

TTE is in europe

TTE is the european version of TRD i think

if your in europe check out this site, you might get a better price since they dont have to ship to us before they sell it and shipping cost shouldnt be much

http://www.tte.de/cm_lexus_GS300_430_S16.htm
Thank you very much, haven't heard of that page!
Old 02-11-10, 07:00 AM
2GS4Jay
Rookie

Originally Posted by sakataj
really...?
dont get me wrong,i like the enthusiasm but even if they cut you a hell of a price....say 50 at $200 you STILL looking at $10,000 for the front lip + $10,000 for the trunk spoiler. if u got $20,000 to spend and wait on your return income i need to come be your friend. i just dont see anyone on here spending 20k and HOPING to sell them to people u know what i mean sir?
I said I would take deposits at first. Let's say if I take half deposits and I can get 50 people to money up It'd be coming out of pocket for $5k. Buying them Net 30, 60 etc. I'm trying to help you guys out here...I know who to contact besides Sewell for this lip -- and its a MAJOR distributor.

Originally Posted by SirBev
Lol, well alot of people like talking about what they are going to get so you need to take that into consideration also...Saying anything you want but when it comes down to it right now alot of people aren't going to part with there cash that easily....
Again -- I'm trying to help you guys out here but it seems like people are going to come out of the woodwork to talk ****.

Either way; I'm going to get a price and post it. 50 people need to get in on it with 50% down. Same with the trunk spoiler.

Simple as that.

If I don't get 50 people -- or 50 half payments for each the spoiler and the front lip we will go from there.
Old 02-11-10, 08:33 AM
SPRTNYDSN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you can confirm for 20-30 people with half payments, I'm totally down. You got my word and my money will back it up too.
Old 02-11-10, 09:50 AM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Hey guys. I got this email from TTE today so it sounds like a group buy might be in the workings.

Dear Vijay,

Many thanks for your interest in our products.
I guess the same request we received via Tim Coats already .
Please be so kind and contact for your inquiry our US partner as follows:

TOYOTA Motor Sales
19001 S Western Avenue
Torrance, CA 90501

Mr. Gonzales can give you your exact prices and can order for you.

Best regards

Jay has TTE contacted you about this yet??

Last edited by TLcoats; 02-11-10 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-11-10, 10:23 AM
2GS4Jay
Rookie

LOL.. That's my email he copied to you.

I got the same thing.

Dear Vijay,

Many thanks for your interest in our products.
I guess the same request we received via Tim Coats already .
Please be so kind and contact for your inquiry our US partner as follows:

TOYOTA Motor Sales
19001 S Western Avenue
Torrance, CA 90501
www.trdusa.com

Mr. Gonzales can give you your exact prices and can order for you.

Best regards
I told you guys they don't speak a lick of good english. lol.

Last edited by 2GS4Jay; 02-11-10 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-11-10, 10:37 AM
Tony2Carte
Rookie

Default Count Me In...

Hey Guys, count me in. I've never done the group buy before. Does it always work with us giving one person all the deposits???
Old 02-11-10, 11:00 AM
2GS4Jay
Rookie

Update 2/11/09;

I contacted TTE Europe directly just as Tim did (TLCoats) and I got a response from them a few days later. Their distribution manager Friedel sent me an email with contact information for Toyota Motor Sales in Torrance, CA.

I called Raul at TMS in Torrance and spoke with him. He basically told me that he cannot sell me the parts directly as they don't do direct to consumer. I even offered to purchase these things out of pocket cash and he said he couldn't do it.

Raul then told me the only way to get these lips are through their retail distribution; ie. Lexus dealers, TRD parts stores, Sewell, and other local stores that buy directly from Raul who works for TMS. I realize that this is where we started at first but there has got to be some other way to get these parts rather than paying $500+ for them through Sewell who wont do a group buy.

I called every dealer in the state of Florida and no one either knows what I am talking about or they do not order those parts anymore or they cannot get the parts anymore.

So I resorted back to Friedel and sent Raul an email as well asking him about the distributors out in CA.

We will see what happens from here.

There's money on the table; albeit $20-30k at most but still. We're here to purchase a part as customers.

Last edited by 2GS4Jay; 02-12-10 at 07:23 AM.
Old 02-11-10, 03:11 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

i sent you a pm ..im in fl
Old 02-11-10, 05:37 PM
FMKSKI
Driver School Candidate

Count me in as well..........
Old 02-12-10, 07:20 AM
2GS4Jay
Rookie

Update 2/12/09;

To cut this post short here's what I did:

I emailed TTE Europe again and this is the response:

Friedel,

Thank you for responding to my inquiry. It is greatly appreciated. I have contacted Raul Gonzalez about purchasing and pricing but unfortunately he cannot provide me with the option to purchase anything directly from him. Unfortunately I have to go through the Lexus dealers here in the states and none of which in my local area carry your TTE products nor can they order your products apparently.

Is there anyway that you can help me out here? If anything I would at least like to receive or purchase the TTE parts personally.

Please let me know.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
So now I get a response 2/12

Good Morning Raul,

Please have a look to the e-mail below I got from Vijay. Would you please inform him about a Lexus dealer in the States dealing with TTE products.
He then can order via that dealer.

Thanks a lot

Best regards
Friedel
Next I emailed Raul over at TTE in Torrance, CA

Raul,

The part numbers are:

LEXUS GS 300/430 S16- TD400-27490-00 - front lip spoiler
TOYOTA Genuine Part No. for dealer reference - PZ439-S0430-00
Also for:

LEXUS GS 300/430 S16- TD400-27492-00 - rear spoiler

This is from tte.de website.

Sewell Lexus has the lip apparently in stock for $359.37 total shipped to me
His response

Jay,

That is the dealer I was going to refer you to. They buy the lips often and from TTE. The other one is in California.

The Suggested MSRP for this part is $350. If does not include shipping.

Suggested MSRP for the rear spoiler is $310.

Regards,
Raul Gonzalez - TRD Business Administrator - Toyota Motor Sales
I then emailed him again

Raul,

So there are only two dealers that can source these parts?

I have literally 50 orders sitting on my desk here. I mean its technically about $40k in sales for whomever wants it but I guess I will just have to let these guys know it can't be done?
He then replies

Jay,

I would recommend calling Sewell Lexus and see what they can do for you. If a nearby dealer can not assist, they will be your best choice.

I am sorry for the trouble. Let me know if I can assist further.

Regards,
Raul Gonzalez - TRD Business Administrator - Toyota Motor Sales

So it looks like the group buy is dead.

In other good news if you use the CL discount code on Sewell you can get the TTE front lip for $33x and with shipping from them to me in Orlando its about $22.00.

Fyi.

Last edited by 2GS4Jay; 02-12-10 at 07:23 AM.
Old 02-12-10, 07:38 AM
m32
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are these lips fiberglass or poly? Where's all the replica ones out there? Those have to be cheaper

Quick Reply: TTE Front lip