GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

01' GS430 to Aristo power folding mirror swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-10, 09:18 PM
MSOxGs3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice upgrade.
Old 01-29-10, 01:43 AM
I.B.dAt.Fo
Pole Position

hope the install goes smoothly. subscribed!
Old 01-29-10, 01:27 PM
young's 96
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 01-29-10, 02:55 PM
KiPod
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

One thing I thought of doing was getting one of those boxes that you use for the nav units, to trick the car to thinking it's got the ebrake on everytime you start the car, and use that to fold the mirrors when you turn car on/off. You can program them to control multiple inputs/outputs at different times. I just got tired of wires and never tried it.

I would still have an overide switch to turn it off though. No need to have them fold all the time. It just wears the motors out faster. I only fold them if I'm parking on the street anyway.
Old 01-29-10, 04:34 PM
3UZFTE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Ki, thanks for joining in, as your the guy I am pretty much going by or getting my info from. You were right, it was the green and blue, when applying 12v to one and ground the other, the mirror fold out, and switch them around, they fold in. Kind of threw me for a loop as I was planning on just giving both 12v, and having a common ground, going to be a little more difficult, but it shall be figured out. I think I will have the Aristo button be used as the on/off for what your saying, but otherwise have it a key on/key off thing. Anyways, I got my TIG welder going so this project is put on hold for a while as I need to learn how to start laying some welds. Thanks for coming by and check it out, I will update when I get the chance. The next step is paint.
Old 01-29-10, 05:02 PM
jspecdan
Lexus Test Driver

nice thread

i'd love to do this to my GS3
Old 03-04-10, 01:53 PM
3UZFTE

So I ventured to Shermin Williams with my 1C0 (millenium silver) paint code and sample. I found out that there are 7 variations of 1C0, which are all suttly different. Even with my eyes, their eyes, and a super bright light, and I still couldn't tell. Luckily their system shows what % of the vehicles came with what variation. #4 was chosen for 69% of 01' GS430s, so that's what I went with. No wonder it's like impossible to get the exact sane color. She even mentioned that 7 variations is about average, could you imagine black or white, she mentioned it's rare to even have companies use the same codes, so there's a black for every make. Anyways, just thought i'd share my info.

Anyways, more to come, it's now really nice outside so I have a GS430 in my driveay with no mirrors, this will have to change soon.
Old 03-04-10, 02:30 PM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I dont know if it's the same at yours but my local Lexus dealer can pull up the exact color of your car with the VIN number, and you can get the paint from them.. may be a little more expensive but.. hey the colors right? BTW Good Luck W/ this mod i'd love to do it myself..
Old 03-04-10, 07:19 PM
SirBev
Pole Position

Damn so I guess that the color code is kinda pointless hopefully you get as close as possible, but I'm looking at how this is going and it seems like you have it all figured out...Waiting on the finished product
Old 03-04-10, 11:07 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

thanks for the pics now i think i know why my signal mirrors wont fit i must have jdm mirrors the inside of mine look closer to those than your usdm anyways thanks for the photos
Old 03-08-10, 02:45 PM
3UZFTE

Originally Posted by Aristo8
I dont know if it's the same at yours but my local Lexus dealer can pull up the exact color of your car with the VIN number, and you can get the paint from them.. may be a little more expensive but.. hey the colors right? BTW Good Luck W/ this mod i'd love to do it myself..
Well all I could pull from the VIN was the 1C0, or millennium silver, however once I got there I found there were variations, and depending on where our Lexus was built, it depends on the variation which your vehicle has. They are all shockingly similar, however they range from light to dark so you can notice a little bit, but not much.

Originally Posted by SirBev
Damn so I guess that the color code is kinda pointless hopefully you get as close as possible, but I'm looking at how this is going and it seems like you have it all figured out...Waiting on the finished product
Well it isn't completely pointless, as it gives me the general color of the silver that Toyota uses. If I were to just have silver, I don't think it would match all to well. If I were to choose any one of the 7 variations, it would be close enough that most people couldn't tell. However if I went to get a silver at Autozone, it would be off for sure. It's not all figured out, but I think I have a pretty good grasp on what needs to be done.

Originally Posted by tom steele
thanks for the pics now i think i know why my signal mirrors wont fit i must have jdm mirrors the inside of mine look closer to those than your usdm anyways thanks for the photos
Your welcome, I am glad to help or be of assistance.
Old 03-08-10, 03:30 PM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

My merc have fold in when alarm is armed and unfolds when door opens while alarm unlocked...
Old 03-08-10, 03:38 PM
ARISTO228
Rookie

you do you mind telling us where you ended up finding these mirrors??
Old 03-08-10, 04:16 PM
3UZFTE

Originally Posted by ARISTO228
you do you mind telling us where you ended up finding these mirrors??
eBay is where I get most of my ideas and junk.
Old 03-08-10, 08:48 PM
njs
Driver

can u use the jzs 147 mirrors? or do they have to be for the jzs 161? Thanks

Quick Reply: 01' GS430 to Aristo power folding mirror swap