GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

UGO Spoiler STOLEN last night! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-10, 06:53 AM
BklynJay
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default UGO Spoiler STOLEN last night! Help!

Hey guys! I'm right off the tip to really sell my car. This year has not been good for me about to really k!ll someone right now. Not sure if you all know but about three weeks someone threw a rock in my rear windshield and cracked it. Cost me $270 for replacement and re-tint. Of course the money pissed me off as much as me losing the time to drop it off and etc.

Now this morning, I wake up to this. Estimated cost to repaint roof $400-$500. But here's the thing. I park in the street and it's pretty safe where I live at. So someone is eyeing my car and I have also RMM 3-piece lip that it is attached the same way. Double sided 3M tape and some polyurethane for extra strength. But obviously if someone wants to take it they will.

My alarm did go off but my keys were away at the living room while I'm in my bedroom last night. I'm sure someone heard my alarm but no called the police nor want to get involve. Insurance won't cover this either. Now I'm thinking of shelling out another the $400 to paint and then another $400 to probably repaint to take off the RMM trunk spoiler.

WTF! If anyone sees up for sale here in the tri-state primarily NYC a UGO spoiler which we know is extremely to come by is Onyx Black. Please let me know so justice can be served my way or another. I am beyond pissed right now. Bought that Ugo new for like $400 two three years ago.

*Venting* Beyond pissed off right now!

Old 01-27-10, 07:19 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man... you have every right to be Pissed!! That is nasty. I as well as other members will keep a keen eye out as someone who took this knew what it was...
Sorry to see/hear about this.. stay up cause what goes around comes around.
Old 01-27-10, 07:21 AM
neojungle1
Lexus Test Driver

are those roof spoiler rare like that? or a common product,cause if it rare there goin to have a hard time trying to sell it , post all you can on all forums and keep your eye open on all sale posting on those forums as well, i keep my eye open if i see any lexus in my neck of the wood, over night have a roof spoiler
Old 01-27-10, 07:30 AM
BklynJay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by neojungle1
are those roof spoiler rare like that? or a common product,cause if it rare there goin to have a hard time trying to sell it , post all you can on all forums and keep your eye open on all sale posting on those forums as well, i keep my eye open if i see any lexus in my neck of the wood, over night have a roof spoiler
It's the a rare type. Most aftermarkets on ebay goes in the windshield itself and not sit on the car itself. Thanks for the support.
Old 01-27-10, 07:46 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

wow thats ****ty. do you think its someone following you? i mean first your rear window, now your roof spoiler...
Old 01-27-10, 07:47 AM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

Damn man. Sorry to hear that. Park your car near an area so that you can see it. If you have a decent webcam or something of the sort, have that keep a watch out for your baby.

**** like this makes me sick.
Old 01-27-10, 07:49 AM
timgs300
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you wait it out, these things usually pass. It really sucks though. Will look out for this spoiler on EBAY, Craigslist and such. It may be though the person was going to use it themselves or already had a buyer lined up.
Old 01-27-10, 08:11 AM
BklynJay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
wow thats ****ty. do you think its someone following you? i mean first your rear window, now your roof spoiler...
Well the rear windshield happen where I parked my car to go to work. But my roof spoiler was right around my cab. What's unfortunate is that it was in the radius of my viper car alarm and it did go off but my keys were about 60 ft away from me in the living room while I had my door closed asleep last night. Saw on my LCD remote that it went off and i live on a somewhat quiet block. So I'm sure someone heard it and saw them but too lazy to get involved.
Old 01-27-10, 09:40 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

wow...that sux...sorry to hear that.

how many other 2GS in NY has the UGO? Maybe other members here can keep a lookout for you. I hope you get justice.
Old 01-27-10, 09:46 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

where in BK do you live. And the roof should not cost that much. I know a good body guy in Seagate if you want a quote.
Old 01-27-10, 09:53 AM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Sorry to see your bad fortune and it really sucks to have your car vandalized. I hope things work out for you in the end. As angry as we get over these things (and justifiably so) remember that it's just a car and these things can be repaired and replaced. Keep your spirits up and put it all in perspective.
Old 01-27-10, 11:40 AM
o6spdracer
Lead Lap

^Well said. Did you try to contact your insurance company again and make a point that it should be covered? Sorry about what happened and good luck.
Old 01-27-10, 01:01 PM
ProfesrLEX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what a sh!#Y thing to happen. One of my biggest considerations for living somewhere is a safe parking garage. So.. wanna sell that rmm spoiler?
Old 01-27-10, 01:08 PM
BklynJay
Lead Lap

Default Contemplating...

Originally Posted by ProfesrLEX
what a sh!#Y thing to happen. One of my biggest considerations for living somewhere is a safe parking garage. So.. wanna sell that rmm spoiler?
I may just get rid of it but not sure yet. It's definitely lurking in my mind though.
Old 01-27-10, 01:09 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

just so all of you know.....i got a UGO spoiler last night, its already painted black and all so i can just mount it. got it for a SWEET deal, it was free. i might sell it though if anyone is interested, just PM me

j/k OP sorry that happened to you. contact the insurance company. IF insurance it replacing back window i would insist on them using OEM lexus glass BTW. let us know if you find out anything and people keep your ears/eyes out on a FS one and let OP know. GL

Quick Reply: UGO Spoiler STOLEN last night! Help!