GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

50mm WHEEL SPACER gs400???

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-10, 03:59 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't know 50mm spacers were available.
Old 01-24-10, 07:26 PM
iloveGS4xx
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea its on ebay
Old 01-24-10, 07:54 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by iloveGS4xx
wow yeam man i agree with you,well this 2nd gen.gs is my 1st car so am happy to have it it took me a while to earn the moneyy to buy it,i started to like this car after my older bro bought it, but then he sold it, and bought Lx470 04 with nigh vision and stuff lol i had a chance to get a subary like all my friends are upsest with, but i wanna to get something Vip DD so i earn little bit more $$ and bought GS4.See in my family if you wanna have somethink cool you have to work your bbut off the get it,My sis got 99 gs4 dad drives Ls430 03, mom drives Cheavy, bro Drives Lx470/dodge/gsxr1000 and yesturday just sold the ls400 lol
I respect a person who works hard for what they want no matter what the age they are Mod the car the way you like homie. You don't have to put expensive wheels on your car, just look for a style that will fit the style your looking for. There are affordable wheels which look nice as well. Let someone scold me for not dumpin $5000 on wheels...that would be the day. If ya got it, spend it, but people shouldn't look down on the little man when he's on the come up....That's lame!

On a side note, racial comments aren't needed bro, we are here to help one another.
Old 01-24-10, 08:05 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
But to be completely honest, many on here are a bit upset with the fact that the Lexus communities age demographic has gone very young many of us got these cars because the are "man" cars and can only be afforded by men, but this past year we've gotten a lot of youngsters who are getting hand-me-downs or are able to afford a 10year old version of the GS and well, we as men are wanting to be... well men i'm not at all clowning on young folx at all, I'm just stating facts. We've had discussions in the past about the 2GS getting old but yea, mainly we just want to have our classy cars while the youngsters have their toys but reality was stated already, the years are going by
This is like going bald either wear a tupia or man up and deal with it LOL. Like you said, the car is getting old bro... it's gonna happen. CL now has the opportunity to guide the younger GS owners coming in.
Old 01-24-10, 08:23 PM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by nar8ta
This is like going bald either wear a tupia or man up and deal with it LOL. Like you said, the car is getting old bro... it's gonna happen. CL now has the opportunity to guide the younger GS owners coming in.
I'm 18, almost 19... Direct me upon the path, Ol' Great Owner of the 2GS.
Old 01-24-10, 10:36 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

Originally Posted by shvc1991
I'm 18, almost 19... Direct me upon the path, Ol' Great Owner of the 2GS.
LOL follow me young men, I will bring you to the age old path which will renew your cars youth .....Its called......

Joke but no joke LOL. Search on Club Lexus will be your friend.
Old 01-24-10, 10:44 PM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

I found that out a while ago. Haha. Thanks. I'm a forum junkie. I can hold my own.
Old 01-25-10, 03:24 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

like the other guys mentioned, you really wanna (if you have the option) buy the wheels with the offset you need for the look you're going for. spacers are used as a means to obtain a wider stance if the wheels you already have aren't sitting how you'd like them to and buying another set with better offsets isn't an option. people don't add spacers along with their wheels because it's another "upgrade", most commonly they are used to correct a fitment issue that can't be corrected otherwise without buying new wheels. having said that, here's a couple pics of how 30mm front and 35mm rear spacers look mounted up with OEM 17's (17x8 +40 I believe) which look decent but have horrible offsets. Since I like to use the OEM wheels when I'm not on my 19's, spacers are a must. I actually run a 35 up front now and a 45 in back when I use the 17s and it's STILL not flush yet. keep in mind I'm also dumped on air, so depending on how low you are the 50s might either make the wheels stick out too much if you're not low enough, or you may have to shave your inner fenders.. esp if you're running a 20 inch wheel. I seriously suggest just buying the correct offset from the jump.. there are a ton of posts on the forum with info on wheel sizes and offsets that will provide differet types of fitment. without giving us that info from the wheels you're looking to buy, it's impossible to recommend you anything.

35mm rear spacer, with +40 offset wheel

30mm front, with +40 offset wheel
Old 01-25-10, 09:30 PM
iloveGS4xx
Lead Lap

Finally someone is here to help, Thanks man!!!
yea thats what i was looking will... i quees i'l buy 20''s and see how it is??and if so 'i''l try to order 25mm spacers from ebay .The offesets is 35!!25!!not sure yet but around this 2 numbers. Thanks again for info

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
like the other guys mentioned, you really wanna (if you have the option) buy the wheels with the offset you need for the look you're going for. spacers are used as a means to obtain a wider stance if the wheels you already have aren't sitting how you'd like them to and buying another set with better offsets isn't an option. people don't add spacers along with their wheels because it's another "upgrade", most commonly they are used to correct a fitment issue that can't be corrected otherwise without buying new wheels. having said that, here's a couple pics of how 30mm front and 35mm rear spacers look mounted up with OEM 17's (17x8 +40 I believe) which look decent but have horrible offsets. Since I like to use the OEM wheels when I'm not on my 19's, spacers are a must. I actually run a 35 up front now and a 45 in back when I use the 17s and it's STILL not flush yet. keep in mind I'm also dumped on air, so depending on how low you are the 50s might either make the wheels stick out too much if you're not low enough, or you may have to shave your inner fenders.. esp if you're running a 20 inch wheel. I seriously suggest just buying the correct offset from the jump.. there are a ton of posts on the forum with info on wheel sizes and offsets that will provide differet types of fitment. without giving us that info from the wheels you're looking to buy, it's impossible to recommend you anything.

35mm rear spacer, with +40 offset wheel

30mm front, with +40 offset wheel
Old 01-25-10, 09:34 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

dont buy spacers until you get the rims on. Put the rims on then measure from the tire to the fender and wala theres your spacer size. not really rocket science.
Old 01-25-10, 09:36 PM
iloveGS4xx
Lead Lap

SUP man!!!! i knew that heres at least someone who understands rite, yea i took me a while to get it , yea man i found pretty nice wheels Stern St-2, 20'' Hyper silver for my spectra Blue will look clean and the TTe lip Exhaust Apexi WS2 /dont know yet??u recomendation Plzz??? and neweer lights cuz rite now they all old its 1998!! and yea 5k rims lol

Originally Posted by nar8ta
I respect a person who works hard for what they want no matter what the age they are Mod the car the way you like homie. You don't have to put expensive wheels on your car, just look for a style that will fit the style your looking for. There are affordable wheels which look nice as well. Let someone scold me for not dumpin $5000 on wheels...that would be the day. If ya got it, spend it, but people shouldn't look down on the little man when he's on the come up....That's lame!

On a side note, racial comments aren't needed bro, we are here to help one another.
Old 01-25-10, 09:49 PM
iloveGS4xx
Lead Lap

yea i will see about it seems like it doesnt really needd to be their!!

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
dont buy spacers until you get the rims on. Put the rims on then measure from the tire to the fender and wala theres your spacer size. not really rocket science.
Old 01-25-10, 10:03 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
stay in school, learn how to spell, and learn what offets are?
Originally Posted by iloveGS4xx
i drive gs4 the blue one as u can see, all this cars are my family drives lol and about the spelling not ur **** business man am not white like u !!!lol EUROPE BABY!!! by the the ls400 is sold now
In case you haven't read my signature (below), English is my second language also.
At least you can read good I guess.

As for 50mm spacers, if you must... I would look for hub centric ones. Also make sure you have extended studs. But if you are in a financial position to choose your offsets, get proper offsets.

Originally Posted by MrG4Life
Didn't know 50mm spacers were available.
double stack 25mm?
Old 01-25-10, 10:39 PM
iloveGS4xx
Lead Lap

hey man iam really sorry about that sorry i did act stuped ...i am not planing to buy them but just wanna to know what u guys were thinking about them, yea i think i'll get 25mm after i''l install my 20'', please dont take it to searious i apologize blah!!!!!did sound really retarted

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
In case you haven't read my signature (below), English is my second language also.
At least you can read good I guess.

As for 50mm spacers, if you must... I would look for hub centric ones. Also make sure you have extended studs. But if you are in a financial position to choose your offsets, get proper offsets.

double stack 25mm?
Old 01-25-10, 10:43 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it's the Internet, no worries .

Ideally, I would get wheels that fit best, and add as little spacers as you can since getting wheels flush is not an easy task.

Quick Reply: 50mm WHEEL SPACER gs400???