GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

hows my car been doin???

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-09, 11:35 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default hows my car been doin???

hey guys just wanted to keep you guys updated with my car. tell me what you think.

so after xmas i had a little bit of extra money and i checked out the classifieds. this is what i got.

its a farenheight tid530 or something. got that for $40 bucks ha

^^ it didnt fit so my uncle custom did that by like shaving the end's off.^^

two 12" kenwood subs.

sorry bout the small pics

i got a piece of wood and cut it to match the hole where the spare tire goes. i bolted those down and placed the carpet over, then i put the box on top and screwed it woodtowood.(it was funny when i told my friends to try and rip it out and it wouldn't budge lol) its not just the front where its screwed in that was just so they could not slide it farward i also did it in the back so
stealers would have to work extra hard to get to it.

still finding place for the amp

and this is for you guys who haven't seen it. these are my 30,000k h.i.d.s

oh and can anyone help me with this? i have 2 tv's in the headrests and i do all the install's myself. i have no clue how to hook them up. coming from under the center consol to the dash there is just one rca cable and 2 silver wires. my stereo has a video in and out. and there is nothing to hook them up to the tv's

Old 12-30-09, 12:38 AM
conroegs
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

30k hids? daym lol i bet u blind people..nice pick up on the screen
Old 12-30-09, 12:38 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

Wow, farenheit, volfenhag and kenwood in a Lexus should I ask what brand the monitors are? at least you didnt pay retail for them
Old 12-30-09, 12:48 AM
conroegs
Driver

^lol thats harsh....but i do think lexus deserve better brands since its a luxury car
Old 12-30-09, 12:50 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by conroegs
30k hids? daym lol i bet u blind people..nice pick up on the screen
uh, quite the contrary! cant see shi t with 30k. the K doesnt stand for brightness... 30k are horrible for driving...
Old 12-30-09, 01:59 AM
Hennesssy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything is fine, but i'm not a big fan of super smoked out tailights...I nearly rear ended someone in the morning because i couldn't tell if the driver is braking or not. You should get some l.e.d tailights. Hiyooo!
Old 12-30-09, 02:06 AM
conroegs
Driver

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
uh, quite the contrary! cant see shi t with 30k. the K doesnt stand for brightness... 30k are horrible for driving...
yea i kno that thats y i asked...cuz also they put a ugly azz glare on the rd. while driving
Old 12-30-09, 03:52 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You did good bro !! Great purchase, enjoy the sounds!!
Old 12-30-09, 06:19 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Car is coming along good..
Old 12-30-09, 07:03 AM
SPRTNYDSN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice mods but I can see those on a civic though, not on a Lexus. Farenheit is descent if you get the one with the navigation (350.00) in Canal st. The Kenwood amp is good but I would change the other one. The headrest tvs, look for video out on the headunit and you might need a video amp(40.00) to boost the signal.
Old 12-30-09, 08:29 AM
duby1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your car is black. blacker than black. so black that is not even black anymore. it's darkness...
Old 12-30-09, 08:56 AM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by duby1
your car is black. blacker than black. so black that is not even black anymore. it's darkness...
LOL. DARKNESSES!!! -dave chappelle

But its coming along man. did u do anything bout that exhaust? oh and btw jus a curiosity question are u gonna fill in that space at the bottom of the unit in ur dash. its looks a lil weird.
Old 12-30-09, 10:33 AM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, farenheit, volfenhag and kenwood in a Lexus should I ask what brand the monitors are? at least you didnt pay retail for them
Originally Posted by conroegs
^lol thats harsh....but i do think lexus deserve better brands since its a luxury car
yeah it was harsh. in fact it was really harsh. im trying to keep up with the guys on here and he basically told me i aint near that level and im doing everything wrong.Im not gunna argue with him cause its not worth it. but let me tell you something. ever since i was i was 10 iv been putting aside the money my mom gave me for a first car. i ended up with a little over 5k and got this car. pround to say a lexus is my first car and it was my money i got it with. my parents got a divorce so no house. moms a receptionist so i live in an appt with no garage in a bad area, if it wasn't obvious i did all this for security reasons. i had 2 kicker L7's and a eclipse double din ripped outa my car 2 months ago. im 16 with no job cause i can't find one. and i got the subs for $70 witch i think kenwood is a good brand. i got the amp for $30.
i got the farenheit used cause i liked the screen and it has a detachable face. i take it in with me whenever i go inside. i make my money by giving friends rides to school. oh and by the way i like my hids they weren't what i wanted but they work. they dont blind people cause of the color and i can see the road just fine with em. my friend has a silverado with 8000k and he likes mine better. being a car finatic im not going to sell the car cause of where i live. i know you weren't this BALLIN at 16. so i aint mad i got big plans for me and my car in the future so when i get a job you'll be the joke mr.jokester. you should ask Why i got them befor you tell my Why i shouldn't have.

Originally Posted by Hennesssy
Everything is fine, but i'm not a big fan of super smoked out tailights...I nearly rear ended someone in the morning because i couldn't tell if the driver is braking or not. You should get some l.e.d tailights. Hiyooo!
yeah i know, i dont like my taillights. it came with the car like that. i wanna get the leds and have my buddy tint em not so dark and but keep the clear reverse lights. havent seen that on a gs yet but i think it'll look nice. what do you think??
Old 12-30-09, 10:36 AM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BP_VVt-i
LOL. DARKNESSES!!! -dave chappelle

But its coming along man. did u do anything bout that exhaust? oh and btw jus a curiosity question are u gonna fill in that space at the bottom of the unit in ur dash. its looks a lil weird.
yeah i just ordered some mufflers and my uncle is gunna remove my reonators. and no im not gunna fill it haha thats where my cd's go..

and thanks guys for the compliments
Old 12-30-09, 10:40 AM
young's 96
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by duby1
I like that!!

Quick Reply: hows my car been doin???