GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Tried Navigation hack pressed couple wrong buttons now i got this screen.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-09, 09:38 AM
kajaygs430
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tried Navigation hack pressed couple wrong buttons now i got this screen.

This is what i Got when messin with the hack. Can any one understand this writing?

I have a 2002 gs430 navigation is the stock lexus cd, I have tried resetting the battery and it still shows up this screen, I have tried the fuse pull out. Please need help. everything else works like radio, ac/heater but not the navigation itself.
Attached Thumbnails Tried Navigation hack pressed couple wrong buttons now i got this screen.-photo.jpg  
Old 11-06-09, 10:20 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it says jesus is going to nuke all the gay whales.

not sure what to tell you...all the translations are in engrish below the japanese.
Old 11-06-09, 10:25 AM
kajaygs430
Driver School Candidate

touch screen wont let me go anywhere
Old 11-06-09, 10:30 AM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
it says jesus is going to nuke all the gay whales.

not sure what to tell you...all the translations are in engrish below the japanese.
Ha, haa funny. Your response had me rolling at work.
Old 11-06-09, 11:20 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Try ejecting and reinserting the Nav DVD.

I got this same error but my DVD drive is trashed and will not eject. I just unplugged it so I do not have to look at the error every day.
Old 11-06-09, 04:02 PM
kajaygs430
Driver School Candidate

I did eject the cd and put it back but it comes up with the same screen. I asked a lexus dealer to look at it. and all he says to me was 150 to look at it. I was like but its a small problem I know ur tech can just look at it and fix it in 5 mins.
Old 11-07-09, 06:14 AM
kit cat

Originally Posted by kajaygs430
touch screen wont let me go anywhere
ok.... Bc that's what the screen says?
Old 11-07-09, 11:03 AM
BCP43002
Lexus Test Driver

Did you put everything back the way it was before you touched it?
Old 11-07-09, 12:50 PM
InspiredGS
Pole Position

Let me guess.. Did you press the load icon on the service screen and then press "US"? If so, better start looking for a new navi ecu.. I had the same problem as you and even the dealers didn't know how to fix it. They even had the master tech come by and he said the only way to fix it was to reflash the ecu. He said that the only way to reflash it was to send it to japan because no dealers here have access to it.

I even took apart the ecu and pryed out the cmos battery but it didn't fix the problem. i ended up picking up a gen4 ecu...

Hope someone else had better luck than me, but 3 dealerships told me the same thing... "replace it."
Old 11-07-09, 03:45 PM
lextechGS
Driver

try pressing the info button, and while holding it down....turn the headlights on, then off, then on, then off. do it a few times. Not super fast, but not super slow....do that until hopefully the nav. screen goes into daignostic mode. I am not sure if this works on the 2nd gen GS, but I know the newer models are like that. If the screen does appear, let me know and I can direct you from there.
Old 11-07-09, 05:00 PM
InspiredGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lextechGS
try pressing the info button, and while holding it down....turn the headlights on, then off, then on, then off. do it a few times. Not super fast, but not super slow....do that until hopefully the nav. screen goes into daignostic mode. I am not sure if this works on the 2nd gen GS, but I know the newer models are like that. If the screen does appear, let me know and I can direct you from there.
I tried that also back then.. All that it said on mine was "OK" on all the systems... Still wouldn't fit his problem...
Old 11-07-09, 05:05 PM
lextechGS
Driver

Originally Posted by InspiredGS
I tried that also back then.. All that it said on mine was "OK" on all the systems... Still wouldn't fit his problem...
Well it could work for "kajay", It's worth a shot. But I have to agree that if all systems read "ok", more than likely the nav. ECU will need to be replaced.
Old 11-07-09, 05:40 PM
InspiredGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lextechGS
Well it could work for "kajay", It's worth a shot. But I have to agree that if all systems read "ok", more than likely the nav. ECU will need to be replaced.
Yeah it is worth a shot... I think to get into that mode, set your parking brake, turn the key to acc. ON, hold down climate and audio buttons and turn the parking lights on/off 3 times...
Old 11-07-09, 06:04 PM
lextechGS
Driver

Yeah it is worth a shot... I think to get into that mode, set your parking brake, turn the key to acc. ON, hold down climate and audio buttons and turn the parking lights on/off 3 times...
You're probably right, I'm not as familiar with the older nav. set up as I am with the new ones. I think the button configuration is a little different, or at least labeled different possibly. But I did leave out the important step of having the key to acc. on. Thanks for filling in on that one
Old 11-08-09, 01:22 PM
kajaygs430
Driver School Candidate

Let me guess.. Did you press the load icon on the service screen and then press "US"? If so, better start looking for a new navi ecu.. I had the same problem as you and even the dealers didn't know how to fix it. They even had the master tech come by and he said the only way to fix it was to reflash the ecu. He said that the only way to reflash it was to send it to japan because no dealers here have access to it.

I even took apart the ecu and pryed out the cmos battery but it didn't fix the problem. i ended up picking up a gen4 ecu...

Hope someone else had better luck than me, but 3 dealerships told me the same thing... "replace it."

Yes this is exactly what i did and dam! why did that part have to say u.s.? If it didnt say that i would never have touch it. After doing the holding of the info button i came up with these snapshots.
Attached Thumbnails Tried Navigation hack pressed couple wrong buttons now i got this screen.-photo.jpg  

Last edited by kajaygs430; 11-09-09 at 08:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Tried Navigation hack pressed couple wrong buttons now i got this screen.