GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Tried Navigation hack pressed couple wrong buttons now i got this screen.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-09, 01:23 PM
kajaygs430
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be trying all of your suggestions and thank you guys for helping out.
Old 11-09-09, 08:44 AM
kajaygs430
Driver School Candidate

Here Is what I got.
Old 11-10-09, 08:47 PM
kajaygs430
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by InspiredGS
Let me guess.. Did you press the load icon on the service screen and then press "US"? If so, better start looking for a new navi ecu.. I had the same problem as you and even the dealers didn't know how to fix it. They even had the master tech come by and he said the only way to fix it was to reflash the ecu. He said that the only way to reflash it was to send it to japan because no dealers here have access to it.

I even took apart the ecu and pryed out the cmos battery but it didn't fix the problem. i ended up picking up a gen4 ecu...

Hope someone else had better luck than me, but 3 dealerships told me the same thing... "replace it."
How much did it cost to replace what you replaced? can i buy this from ebay? where did you buy it from? Thanks for your help.
Old 11-10-09, 09:01 PM
InspiredGS
Pole Position

I think I paid around 800.. been a long time.. I would search junk yards first before buying from ebay..
Old 11-11-09, 01:10 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

i ended up picking up a gen4 ecu...
Originally Posted by kajaygs430
How much did it cost to replace what you replaced? can i buy this from ebay? where did you buy it from? Thanks for your help.
i gor mine for like 400 i think it was. mine came from a 2005 pruis. its the same nav ecu just amke sure the part #'s match. got it from ebay and took me a few months to source for that cheap

I think I paid around 800.. been a long time.. I would search junk yards first before buying from ebay..
y? ebay is fine assuming the seller is fine. i found and bought mine from LKQ from their ebay auctions and i paid under 500 for my gen 4 nav ecu
Old 11-11-09, 04:26 PM
InspiredGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sakataj
i gor mine for like 400 i think it was. mine came from a 2005 pruis. its the same nav ecu just amke sure the part #'s match. got it from ebay and took me a few months to source for that cheap

y? ebay is fine assuming the seller is fine. i found and bought mine from LKQ from their ebay auctions and i paid under 500 for my gen 4 nav ecu
I got mine back in 06... Ebay sellers were charging 1500 back then...
Old 11-11-09, 10:44 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did not have the issue but my ecu went out on my 01' GS. Thanks to sakataj's help and finally got a gen4 ecu off from 06' RX400h. 100% PNP and I have a new navi! I also sourced one from eBay. I could've gotten one for less than $500 from a 2004 Prius but paid $100 more for the 06' one. I just check, looks like someone got the 04 one from eBay already.

I also add a plug and play override kit since I want to update the map to the latest version. Complete the installation and works out well. Now sakataj and I are trying to hook up a GX DVD player so it will display DVD video and the override kit will also enable the DVD in motion for my kids!

Just keep looking on eBay and you should find one here and there for less than the average price (around $850).
Old 11-14-09, 07:46 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

I got mine back in 06... Ebay sellers were charging 1500 back then...
ouch. well.... luckily i got mine this year.you'll be happy to know mark(guy below) has discovered a PNP override kit to use the address and all functions while in motion, i will be getting it soon i hope.

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
I did not have the issue but my ecu went out on my 01' GS. Thanks to sakataj's help and finally got a gen4 ecu off from 06' RX400h. 100% PNP and I have a new navi! I also sourced one from eBay. I could've gotten one for less than $500 from a 2004 Prius but paid $100 more for the 06' one. I just check, looks like someone got the 04 one from eBay already.

I also add a plug and play override kit since I want to update the map to the latest version. Complete the installation and works out well. Now sakataj and I are trying to hook up a GX DVD player so it will display DVD video and the override kit will also enable the DVD in motion for my kids!

Just keep looking on eBay and you should find one here and there for less than the average price (around $850).
yeah, i need a part # or something off that damn dvd player. i havent seen but ONE in last 2 years EVER come up for sale....wth one of u gx owners just total your car already (j/k)

yeah if u hunt around you can get them cheap. like i said i waited like 4 months or so to find a cheap one

u ever get back to me from last pm? i've been having email issues on here lately dunno whats up with the site this week but hit me back up about price and all that info for me please mark
Old 11-18-09, 07:54 PM
kajaygs430
Driver School Candidate

I cant believe my skinny *** fingers is about to cost me more than 400 dollars.
Old 11-29-09, 05:23 PM
cgarofalo1
Driver School Candidate

What hack did you attempt?
Old 01-22-10, 09:42 AM
kajaygs430
Driver School Candidate

If i were to pick up a new ecu what is the part name or part number for this? And what does this look like is the nav ecu the one inmy trunk or is this something i gotta dig out from in the dash itself? thanks for any help.
Old 01-22-10, 09:45 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

that sucks. this happened to a few people over in the 3GS forum and like mentioned, i dont think anyone knows how to fix it.
Old 02-24-10, 10:02 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
that sucks. this happened to a few people over in the 3GS forum and like mentioned, i dont think anyone knows how to fix it.
u all owe me a beer......i found a fix for your problems

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-p...sassembly.html
Old 02-24-10, 11:08 PM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
u all owe me a beer......i found a fix for your problems

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-p...sassembly.html
I seen your post while out and got real excited. I got home, grabbed my bricked Nav unit off the shelf, opened it up, and.......

Fail. The Nav unit from my car has a one piece board, the one in the guide you posted is a two piece. I could not find any button anywhere on either side of the board. I had actually looked for a reset button when it first when down but thought that maybe I had missed it.

Thanks for trying though Brian.
Old 02-25-10, 12:05 AM
kajaygs430
Driver School Candidate

Thanks sakataj, but like Debonair I opened it it up and same results. But thanks for lookin out and hopefully something comes up soon where we dont have to spend hundreds of dollars just for pressing some unknown buttons. I wonder if I were to get a the dvd from the language that was shown, do you think that would work?

Quick Reply: Tried Navigation hack pressed couple wrong buttons now i got this screen.