GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Puddle lights installed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-09, 10:44 PM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice! much more straight and equally spaced out then mine lol
Old 08-30-09, 11:20 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

those are clean. ya guys, you don't wanna get caught driving with them on: they are strictly for parkin' lot pimpin.

insomniac, are you the one that is selling these in the vendor section? clean fitment!
Old 08-30-09, 11:24 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iNS0MNiAC
Not something I would really recommend unless you're looking to get a ticket really fast.
dunno why you would get a ticket, if anything they make your car more visible at night
Old 08-30-09, 11:34 PM
iNS0MNiAC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PushinLEX
insomniac, are you the one that is selling these in the vendor section? clean fitment!
No, although they do appear to be made in the same factory.

Originally Posted by rgarjr
dunno why you would get a ticket, if anything they make your car more visible at night
I think it was outlawed because it was a distraction to drivers or something But ya it would like ricey as hell driving with them on.
Old 08-31-09, 12:00 AM
StayBroke
Driver

lools good bro!
Old 08-31-09, 06:37 AM
esolo98
Advanced

That looks good!
Old 08-31-09, 11:24 AM
tonysgs300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
PURDY!! Thats what I need next, but dont have the patience....
yeah I'm the same way NO PATIENCE. Looks great though
Old 08-31-09, 11:48 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
PURDY!! Thats what I need next, but dont have the patience....
i bought micheals stock side skirts in black to do this but havent had the time to do so yet....these are a pretty cheap price. i may need to do this soon
Old 09-01-09, 06:12 AM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

i got some of these from Elite a while back this year, drilled them into my stock skirts. i measured up then had to go off and come back before drilling and 2nd guessed my measurements on the front one each side...shouldnt haev done that haha so 1 of mine at the front each side is a bit further in, but it isnt too noticeable!

i drive with them on a lot of the time at night over here in Aus- not sure if its illegal or not tbh, because trucks haev loads of lights on the sides here and also Neons (*shudder*) are legal here these days provided that the tubes are hidden from direct sight (so they dont blind people directly) and that they arent bright red or blue (police/emergency colours).

so yeh stuff it i rock mine, spins people out in a big way. Plus, how many of you just sit your car in a dark parking lot at night and walk away? not to mention it drains the battery sitting there with car off & puddles on haha though that isnt to say i dont do it then too, just why not drive with them on sometimes! haha
Old 09-01-09, 07:08 AM
eklikewhoa
Rookie

Thanks everyone!

I flush mounted them into the skirts... just measured total length of harness, total length of skirt, substracted length of each fixture and then went to marking.

It didn't take long at all and I love the outcome! The lights are wired to the sidemarker lamps that are no longer there since the L-Sportline bumper deletes them.

I know a few officers with different depts. and all have said it should not be a problem since it's not super eye catchy like Neons.... Cause down here there are trucks with running boards that have brighter lights than this.

I'm lifting the car up again this weekend to do more work to it and I'll try and remember to snap some shots of the undersid.

BTW.... I got the set from TrendyAutoSalon
Old 09-01-09, 09:07 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by [ant]
i got some of these from Elite a while back this year, drilled them into my stock skirts. i measured up then had to go off and come back before drilling and 2nd guessed my measurements on the front one each side...shouldnt haev done that haha so 1 of mine at the front each side is a bit further in, but it isnt too noticeable!

i drive with them on a lot of the time at night over here in Aus- not sure if its illegal or not tbh, because trucks haev loads of lights on the sides here and also Neons (*shudder*) are legal here these days provided that the tubes are hidden from direct sight (so they dont blind people directly) and that they arent bright red or blue (police/emergency colours).

so yeh stuff it i rock mine, spins people out in a big way. Plus, how many of you just sit your car in a dark parking lot at night and walk away? not to mention it drains the battery sitting there with car off & puddles on haha though that isnt to say i dont do it then too, just why not drive with them on sometimes! haha
Originally Posted by eklikewhoa
Thanks everyone!

I flush mounted them into the skirts... just measured total length of harness, total length of skirt, substracted length of each fixture and then went to marking.

It didn't take long at all and I love the outcome! The lights are wired to the sidemarker lamps that are no longer there since the L-Sportline bumper deletes them.

I know a few officers with different depts. and all have said it should not be a problem since it's not super eye catchy like Neons.... Cause down here there are trucks with running boards that have brighter lights than this.

I'm lifting the car up again this weekend to do more work to it and I'll try and remember to snap some shots of the undersid.

BTW.... I got the set from TrendyAutoSalon
Driving with them on =fail
driving on stock side skirts = fail

Way to rice it up.
Old 09-01-09, 10:29 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good as long as they last awhile cause im sure replacing it is a headache.
Old 09-02-09, 03:16 AM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

sk maybe i dotn want to run a kit? does it realy matter what skirts they're in?

whats with your headlight rings? why do you have those? ricey? pfft. VIP is all about **** like that, but its on a classy platform and isnt "tacky" with its execution then it works okay.
Old 09-02-09, 05:27 AM
arpham
Lead Lap

looks legit
Old 09-02-09, 05:33 PM
ocean350
Driver

Default instructions! plz

if someone can write-up a quick guide, i'll get mine done in a heart-beat.

Quick Reply: Puddle lights installed!