GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

A Look Back: The story of my GS

Old 04-25-10, 11:18 AM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The interior is CLLLEAAN

What else do you have planned ?
Old 04-26-10, 10:36 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once again, thank everyone for the compliments

I just saved those pics too Brian, I don't think I did before. I have been playing catch up here but had a chance to track down some of your recent posts- nice progress . What's next?

As for my next steps...I think I'm really done. I'd like to get a backup camera sometime but short of going FI I don't see what else there is to do. When the weather warms up I'll need to do a new application of leatherique and my car is in BAD need of a full detail right now. My nav screen is back to flashing purple at times and the valve gasket cover is leaking, so those are two things on the to-do list.
Old 04-26-10, 11:20 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by carbongs
bump for one of the cleanest GS in ATL!
coming from another of the cleanest GS in ATL....i was fairly embarrassed to have my car next to you'lls...especially with that skid plate hanging.

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Once again, thank everyone for the compliments

I just saved those pics too Brian, I don't think I did before. I have been playing catch up here but had a chance to track down some of your recent posts- nice progress . What's next?

As for my next steps...I think I'm really done. I'd like to get a backup camera sometime but short of going FI I don't see what else there is to do. When the weather warms up I'll need to do a new application of leatherique and my car is in BAD need of a full detail right now. My nav screen is back to flashing purple at times and the valve gasket cover is leaking, so those are two things on the to-do list.
the compliments are well deserved.

here's the pics you DIDNT see from that day. glad tony kindly removed it for me while i fiddled with my taillight from a bulb falling into it. made my car look better...thanks again Tony

yeah my backup camera is being installed this week...gonna swing by and snap some pics tonight of SOME of my audio install. i might try your leathorique when i get my interior back in. i removed and washed/steam cleaned all my panels/headliner etc

as for my next ones....dunno some G35 rims or something simple and a drop i hope but who knows.

so did u fix your actuator then? and what u gonna do with them rims u got on there now then sir? shocked u still havent replaced your screen (especially how many i linked to you) haha i will keep my eye out for one. is valve cover gasket easy to do on the gs300?

Last edited by sakataj; 04-26-10 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-26-10, 12:20 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sakataj
so did u fix your actuator then? and what u gonna do with them rims u got on there now then sir? shocked u still havent replaced your screen (especially how many i linked to you) haha i will keep my eye out for one. is valve cover gasket easy to do on the gs300?
Yeah Tony fixed it shortly thereafter. That was a really bad day for me lol.

As for rims, I'll probably keep these and put them back on when I wear out the tires on the SC rims. The roads here are really too crappy to leave the 18"s and 40 series tires on my car for an extended period of time. I want to do it for a few months and see how I like them, but I'm fully expecting to put the 17"s back on sometime.

As for the screen...something continually comes up lol. Whether it's school or personal, I never have the $$ to fork over when a good one comes up. Plus the Sport Design plate/surround is different from the stock one, and I am not sure if I can take my plate and use it with a new screen. If I can't then I am probably going to try to live with the flashing purple for a while, but I am hoping to find a new screen soon and play with it.

Tony will be doing the gasket change...once I have time to bring the car up there and he isn't working
Old 04-26-10, 12:58 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Yeah Tony fixed it shortly thereafter. That was a really bad day for me lol.

As for rims, I'll probably keep these and put them back on when I wear out the tires on the SC rims. The roads here are really too crappy to leave the 18"s and 40 series tires on my car for an extended period of time. I want to do it for a few months and see how I like them, but I'm fully expecting to put the 17"s back on sometime.

As for the screen...something continually comes up lol. Whether it's school or personal, I never have the $$ to fork over when a good one comes up. Plus the Sport Design plate/surround is different from the stock one, and I am not sure if I can take my plate and use it with a new screen. If I can't then I am probably going to try to live with the flashing purple for a while, but I am hoping to find a new screen soon and play with it.

Tony will be doing the gasket change...once I have time to bring the car up there and he isn't working
yeah i gotta order one...a used one as i just need the cable wish i lived in ATL as im to lazy to do the whole thing but i know i will have to...

as for the plate, u can change it. i took my plate off ton install my LEDS in the surrounds

Old 06-09-13, 02:15 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

After a really great run, the car is now for sale, so this is the final chapter with my GS. Thanks for the great memories and times with the CL community
Old 06-09-13, 03:00 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

thanks for being a member and i totally remember this thread from 2009... Almost 10 years some of us have been on here and others even longer... ITs like a second home lol....
Old 06-11-13, 09:31 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

sad to see u go Michael but im leaving also.i barely log in here anymore and car is basically just sitting. i'll hit you up next time im in ATL though.
Old 06-12-13, 01:48 PM
BlKTC
Driver

you've brought "less is more" to a whole new level.. sad to see you have to sell your car.. hopefully it falls into the right hands
Old 06-12-13, 02:02 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
sad to see u go Michael but im leaving also.i barely log in here anymore and car is basically just sitting. i'll hit you up next time im in ATL though.
It was nice having a chance to meet you in person, Brian. Let me know the next time you're in Dallas!
Old 06-12-13, 03:33 PM
FredNoonan
Driver School Candidate

I usually prefer the stock GS, but this was one of the few modded cars I've really liked that did not get all goofy looking...wheels, suspension, etc.
Old 06-13-13, 02:16 PM
UncleRico
Rookie

GLWS such a sweet car