GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Remote start not telescoping wheel any fix?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-09, 12:20 PM
DangWhat
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote start not telescoping wheel any fix?

I just recently got the Clifford 50.7x installed, I have not had it enough to play with it to give an opinion right now it seems nice however whenever I remote start the car the steering wheel does not telescope into place, is this something I can fix? Something the dealer did not install right? Any help?

Thanks.
Old 06-21-09, 01:37 PM
vip..me
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a viper 5901.. and it does the same thing .. i dont think that it works with remote start.
Old 06-21-09, 02:30 PM
DangWhat
Driver

Hmmmm that sucks so what do you do? Turned it off or just restart the car which to me seems pointless. Any way we can wire it to work?
Old 06-21-09, 03:04 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine moves up & down automatically when I remote start the car. The remote start should mimic what occurs when one starts the car with the key. Installer issue?
Old 06-21-09, 03:11 PM
Papajorgio
Advanced

I have an sc so it might be different, but i had the same issue and all i did was wire up the 2nd acc, acc 1 controls ac and radio and stuff, the 2nd acc works tilt/telescope, memory seat functions and so on, could also be the keysense wire, if your doing this yourself or a pro install, the keysense wire is always overlooked, hope this helps, oh and i also have a python 990, 881xp, and python 991, and they were all the same...
Old 06-21-09, 03:25 PM
DangWhat
Driver

No this was a pro install just not sure they knew of the telescoping wheel I called and they said just bring it back but I won't have time till this next weekend wwe are finishing the hatrdwire of the 700bt I got so I wqs hoping we could fix it while we are doing this. So we just need to hookup a keysense wire? Any diy you can lionk me?
Old 06-21-09, 03:27 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

I have the Viper 791XV pictured here with my 335 fob.

I love the DEI alarm fobs with the display. When you get this type of alarm, you need an experienced installer to do the wiring.. Overlooked wiring is a no no..
Old 06-21-09, 03:29 PM
DangWhat
Driver

Sorry for all the typos on my google phone and fat fingers hehe
Old 06-21-09, 03:32 PM
DangWhat
Driver

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
I have the Viper 791XV pictured here with my 335 fob.

I love the DEI alarm fobs with the display. When you get this type of alarm, you need an experienced installer to do the wiring.. Overlooked wiring is a no no..
Any chance yours works diff then the clif 50.7? Isn't the viper equiv model the 5901?
Old 06-21-09, 03:41 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DangWhat
Any chance yours works diff then the clif 50.7? Isn't the viper equiv model the 5901?
Remote start is remote start. It should start the car in the same manner as you would with the key regardless of remote design. DEI alarm brain has not changed all that much over the years. Your issue has much to do with the installation.
Old 06-21-09, 04:16 PM
Papajorgio
Advanced

Originally Posted by DangWhat
No this was a pro install just not sure they knew of the telescoping wheel I called and they said just bring it back but I won't have time till this next weekend wwe are finishing the hatrdwire of the 700bt I got so I wqs hoping we could fix it while we are doing this. So we just need to hookup a keysense wire? Any diy you can lionk me?
definitely not a diy kinda thing, if your not an installer id recommend just waiting for the pro's, but heres a link that shows the wire color and polarity and location.. http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wir...Gs300/947.html
Old 06-21-09, 04:49 PM
k311in
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I have the same problem but my installer took off somewhere and I can't find him. So for the time being I just hop in press the programmed seat button and it runs the steering wheel down for me
Old 06-21-09, 05:16 PM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

why would you want the remote start to lower your steering wheel. The whole point of the telescoping steering wheel is to make it easier to get in and out of the car. I have remote start and when i get in i push the memory seat button and wheel goes down. This way it makes it more comfortable to get in the car.
Makes sense doesn't it??
Old 06-21-09, 10:58 PM
DangWhat
Driver

Did not know this I may not change it I will give it a try this week, thanks.
Old 06-22-09, 07:09 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LALEX1
why would you want the remote start to lower your steering wheel. The whole point of the telescoping steering wheel is to make it easier to get in and out of the car. I have remote start and when i get in i push the memory seat button and wheel goes down. This way it makes it more comfortable to get in the car.
Makes sense doesn't it??

EXACTLY, it's your choice of how you want your install to be done. If you want the steering wheel to telescope you should tell your installer beforehand because it is just a different installation. Doesn't mean your install was done incorrectly.

I'm 6'6" so I don't want to have to slide in under the wheel every time I remote start the car. Plus if I had to parallel park, my mirrors are still pointed down at the grown most of the time and I need to hit my memory button to reset them anyway.

Quick Reply: Remote start not telescoping wheel any fix?