GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Who thinks Manaray looks like chef?

Old 04-08-02, 09:40 PM
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds to me like everyone wants to know what your race is or at least AGGS400, with the black cartoon character you have people guessing. Would be funny to see just how many views your profile has had hoping to see a picture.

Oh well, maybe one day stuff like that wont matter
Old 04-09-02, 12:12 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think people really care...it's just that people start to associate a person with their avatar when they see it often enough...I bet if I changed it to Cartman, in a few months, AgGS400 will think the same thing about Cartman when he watches South Park

I'll be changing my avatar soon...I have a few good ones...
Old 04-09-02, 05:24 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by manaray
...it's just that people start to associate a person with their avatar ....
I-AM-CORN-HOLIO!

Are you threatening me?! I need TEE-PEE!
Old 04-09-02, 09:05 AM
Ag02M5
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nah.

Definitely not concerned with anyones race...just thought that it might be an amuzing post.

The Mr. T thing was pretty damn funny though.

Maybe because I am more of a visual person...I usually look at the avatar to see who posted instead of the name.

Late.
Old 04-09-02, 09:22 AM
enginyr
Banned

um uh.....like....uh......shut up beavis....hehe
Old 04-09-02, 09:58 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

I don't think people really care...
They care when they're waiting at the airport!!!
Old 04-10-02, 12:59 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Zushwa - Were you expecting someone that "looks" like Chef to roll up and pick you up? Hehehehehe....hey, did you write your "review" yet?

Man, I LOVE the Cornholio episode...that was the best!

To bad the avatar is so small...I have a lot of good picts to use but at that size, you loose detail...I have to look for Mac Icons to use (looks like they're about the same size)

www.iconfactory.com
Old 04-10-02, 05:11 PM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Zushwa - Were you expecting someone that "looks" like Chef to roll up and pick you up? Hehehehehe....hey, did you write your "review" yet?

Man, I LOVE the Cornholio episode...that was the best!

To bad the avatar is so small...I have a lot of good picts to use but at that size, you loose detail...I have to look for Mac Icons to use (looks like they're about the same size)

www.iconfactory.com
Actually I was expecting some big tall white guy wearing Dickies.

No review yet. I started jotting things down on the way home and then I had some "issues" that I won't get into here. By the time I got time to finish it I figured the wave of enthusiasm had passed. Do you think I should still write it?? I was putting my efforts more toward the future.

AHHH...beavis and butthead...when I used to waste brain cells faster than I could pack it up...
Old 04-10-02, 05:29 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Thank you chiiiilllldren.
Old 04-10-02, 10:59 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

who cares what he looks like.........it took me 6 months to find out what his car looks like. a wheel here, a rear end there, i was going crazy!!! finally did a search on his ride and oh man, what a car. manaray, i am duly impressed, not disappointed in the least. i was starting to think of you as bosley or maybe the wizard of oz. i guess now i know that you actually hav a GS i now have a benchmark for which to aspire

Doc
Old 04-11-02, 01:15 AM
Lead Lap

.I have to look for Mac Icons to use (looks like they're about the same size)

www.iconfactory.com [/B][/QUOTE]

So are you using a Mac?.... I am too... Graphite G4, harman/kardon soundsticks & sub, Canon 1220U and Epson 8 cubed

{no harm meant by earlier post}
Old 04-11-02, 04:11 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Zushwa - Think it would still be interesting for other people to rear...just to give your perspective on the whole thing...

Dr. Rick - Thanks for the compliments...I'm actually thinking about selling it...I want to do up another Lexus...and I already have yet another Lexus project on the way...

Anyone interested in buying it? Only 16K miles...you guys know the rest. I might consider parting it out but only part complete part groups (like Front AND Rear STB's, TOM'S 6-Piece Link Kit...not a 5-Piece kit, etc., etc...)...The body Kit STAYS with the car...and the Wheels are already sold.

007 - Yeah, actually, I have a quite a few Macs and quite a few PC's...I do most of my web surfing and all my gaming on the PC (just bought a new nVidia GeForce 4 Titanium card...IT ROCKS!) and the "serious" stuff is done on my Mac...I'm looking to get a new Dual 1-GHz PowerMac with the new Apple 23" HD Cinema LCD Display...that should be good for Freehand/Photoshop/etc..
Old 04-11-02, 11:21 AM
Lead Lap

Manaray that would definitely be a sweet setup, i have been doing PC stuff on Virtual PC for the Mac it works well just slower than it would actually be on a PC and therefore i only use it when i have no other choice. I am looking for a good deal on a PC laptop though and as soon as i find one for the price i want to pay i will pick it up.

My girlfriend also has a PC (but not a laptop) so there hasnt been a rush for me to spend any money
Old 04-11-02, 11:40 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Zushwa - Think it would still be interesting for other people to rear...just to give your perspective on the whole thing...
I'll see if I can finish it this weekend. I might leave it open-ended as my journeys may not be quite finished.

Originally posted by manaray Anyone interested in buying it? Only 16K miles...you guys know the rest. I might consider parting it out but only part complete part groups (like Front AND Rear STB's, TOM'S 6-Piece Link Kit...not a 5-Piece kit, etc., etc...)...The body Kit STAYS with the car...and the Wheels are already sold.
:eek: :eek:
Old 04-11-02, 02:09 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Manaray, you are selling the car???? :eek: :eek:
Must be one hell of a new project comming up then.

If I just wasn't living in Europe...............................Damn!!!!