GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

35% on my car looks hella dark!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-09, 07:26 PM
gsCrazy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the pics man!!
Old 04-15-09, 08:15 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

That does look kinda dark for 35%

...Edwin, off topic.. what ya lowered on?
Old 04-16-09, 12:49 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by m32
Haha... I have 5% all the way around and I can't see crap at night. I had to add a reverse camera to see

Edwin
yeah i'll be adding mine soon...where did u put your camera? got a pic? im looking to put one into the keyhole.

Originally Posted by mkiiisupra
They only really get in the way when checking your blind spot, but as long as you pay attention and dont just glance real quick it's no biggie. I've found the biggest inconvenience comes when trying to throw your hand out to wave or stick your head out to whistle at some girls, I hit my head on the curtain because I forget how much room it takes up then I just look like an idiot
nah, no way man it totally makes them want you hehehe
Old 04-16-09, 01:29 PM
SHiZNiLTi
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sakataj
u think yours is dark? hahahaha

i got 5% on all the side windows, 35% on the front windshield, and 15% on the whole back window!

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...howtopic=49783

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...tint-pics.html
pshh, you think yours is dark sakataj? You aint got nothing on me :P

I got 3.8% Onyx Black Madico film on all of the sides and back window and my front windshield is 35%

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4167864-post21.html
Old 04-16-09, 01:53 PM
wutiteez
Driver

damn! haha i got 15% on my windows and I think they are too light! haha 40% on my front windshield would probably do
Old 04-16-09, 09:41 PM
gsCrazy
Lead Lap

^^^ you're crazy, must have good vision and plenty of tire/air for pothole cushion. I would drive myself insane with 35% front windshield, not to mention tickets.

Here's a few more I took, It was sunny earlier which is what I was hoping for, but some thin clouds just rolled in. And yes, the curtains do make the cabin a little darker even when pulled back.

Angle view:

Angle closeup:

Side view:

Side view closeup:

Interior view w/ sunroof closed:

thanks for sharing your tint pictures and what a CLEAN 1GS!!! no door dings, no dents, no scratches that i can see from the pictures! amazing!
Old 04-17-09, 09:12 AM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gsCrazy
thanks for sharing your tint pictures and what a CLEAN 1GS!!! no door dings, no dents, no scratches that i can see from the pictures! amazing!
Actually, theres A TON of flaws. A kid kicked in my driver side rear 1/4. It was bigger then a basketball but I took a TOILET PLUNGER to it and pulled it out. Now I just have 2 small dings and the highest and lowest points of the original dent. I have a golf ball sized dent right in the center of the hood from a kid throwing a rock at it. The passenger rear 1/4 has a crease in it from body work done by the previous owner. The passenger side front door has a small fold in it because my friend let the wind catch it and swing it into another car. Paint chips on the rear bumper by the license plate from a 06 LS430 rear ending me, a foot long scratch on the front bumper from my ex's dad backing into it (they refused to pay, said it was my fault and I shouldnt have parked behind him...douches) Both driver side doors look wavy from the previous owner gettin body work done as well. And it has a total of about 10 door dings. Not to mention who ever repair it before, didnt realize it's actually 2-tone so the passenger side which is all factory from the rear door to the front, is still the 2 tone. But the driver side which had the rear 1/4, rear door, front door repainted is monotone with the color from the top. So when you look where the fender meets the drivers door, you can really tell that it's mis-match. Im embarrassed goin to meets because it's alot more noticeable in person.

I just take picture from angles to hide all the BS. After I get all my exterior parts here and ready to go on, It will be getting body work and new paint. Staying silver, I really like the silver on the newest STI's but that's still a little bright, I want a "deep" sleek silver, but yet still on the lighter side. Sorta like the same silver I have now but with a black primer vs a white one/grey.
Old 04-17-09, 02:10 PM
gsCrazy
Lead Lap

Actually, theres A TON of flaws. A kid kicked in my driver side rear 1/4. It was bigger then a basketball but I took a TOILET PLUNGER to it and pulled it out. Now I just have 2 small dings and the highest and lowest points of the original dent. I have a golf ball sized dent right in the center of the hood from a kid throwing a rock at it. The passenger rear 1/4 has a crease in it from body work done by the previous owner. The passenger side front door has a small fold in it because my friend let the wind catch it and swing it into another car. Paint chips on the rear bumper by the license plate from a 06 LS430 rear ending me, a foot long scratch on the front bumper from my ex's dad backing into it (they refused to pay, said it was my fault and I shouldnt have parked behind him...douches) Both driver side doors look wavy from the previous owner gettin body work done as well. And it has a total of about 10 door dings. Not to mention who ever repair it before, didnt realize it's actually 2-tone so the passenger side which is all factory from the rear door to the front, is still the 2 tone. But the driver side which had the rear 1/4, rear door, front door repainted is monotone with the color from the top. So when you look where the fender meets the drivers door, you can really tell that it's mis-match. Im embarrassed goin to meets because it's alot more noticeable in person.

I just take picture from angles to hide all the BS. After I get all my exterior parts here and ready to go on, It will be getting body work and new paint. Staying silver, I really like the silver on the newest STI's but that's still a little bright, I want a "deep" sleek silver, but yet still on the lighter side. Sorta like the same silver I have now but with a black primer vs a white one/grey.

well in that case, great job with the photographs!! a nice car none the less.
Old 04-17-09, 10:48 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

damn that is dark man. I hope the cops dont mess with you to much. In canada I would be concerned that it will limit you view when you have all of that horrendous weather
Old 04-18-09, 08:50 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by SHiZNiLTi
pshh, you think yours is dark sakataj? You aint got nothing on me :P

I got 3.8% Onyx Black Madico film on all of the sides and back window and my front windshield is 35%

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4167864-post21.html
i remeber that post...think i commented on it then too...

never thought i was the darkest lol....but even for me and the cops here thats too dark...i did front/rear windshield that way becasue if the cops come up behind you, they can see all the way through the car no problem
Old 04-18-09, 03:06 PM
GSJDM430
Rookie

i'm new to the tinting numbers but as i see it, the smaller the percent the darker it is and the higher percent is lighter right?
Old 04-18-09, 03:30 PM
CallmeHoku
Driver

I wish tint could be darker than 35% atleast 20% or something. privacy.
Old 04-19-09, 05:23 PM
gsCrazy
Lead Lap

here are the pictures as promised.... this first shows how dark the tint from a distance....
Attached Thumbnails 35% on my car looks hella dark!-img_0088-medium-.jpg  
Old 04-19-09, 05:24 PM
gsCrazy
Lead Lap

number 2 side view
Attached Thumbnails 35% on my car looks hella dark!-img_0081-medium-.jpg  
Old 04-19-09, 05:25 PM
gsCrazy
Lead Lap

number 3 the back windshield
Attached Thumbnails 35% on my car looks hella dark!-img_0082-medium-.jpg  

Quick Reply: 35% on my car looks hella dark!