GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

You Want it, You got it!! **How to clear out your front headlight blinkers!!**

Old 03-09-02, 05:44 PM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up You Want it, You got it!! **How to clear out your front headlight blinkers!!**

ok guys here you go

Now I couldn't figure out how to remove the front bumper but if you can then this thing is no big deal for you.

1 and 5 are 10mm
2 and 3 are phillips head
4 you use a flat head and pry it off
6 and 7 are hidden they are also 10mm

ok so these are the bolts that you have to remove:
Attached Thumbnails You Want it, You got it!! **How to clear out your front headlight blinkers!!**-pict0006.jpg  

Last edited by xsuperjoex; 03-09-02 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-09-02, 05:47 PM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

This is Number 7 you get to it through the fog light hole...remove the fog lights and stick your hand way up in there with a 10mm socket wrench and a work light.
Attached Thumbnails You Want it, You got it!! **How to clear out your front headlight blinkers!!**-pict0018.jpg  
Old 03-09-02, 05:50 PM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

This is number 6 just lift up where number 5 is and you'll see it! Also a 10mm socket
Attached Thumbnails You Want it, You got it!! **How to clear out your front headlight blinkers!!**-pict0010.jpg  
Old 03-09-02, 05:56 PM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

Here is the Exact Location of Number 7 it is definetly the hardest one to get to..like I said go through the fog light hole or take the entire bottom cover off and go through there....Good Luck
Attached Thumbnails You Want it, You got it!! **How to clear out your front headlight blinkers!!**-pict0011.jpg  
Old 03-09-02, 06:06 PM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

Now after 1 - 7 have been successfuly removed disconnect all wire and remove all bulbs except the one you can't see which is the gray connector.

The Headlight assembly should wiggle loose and if you work it right will come out...don't worry about the bumper the plastic won't break if you bend it and the paint won't chip or crack if you bend it...(It's painted with Lexan Paint!) Pulling the headlights out were a real ****** Good Luck!!!

this is the connector that you don't pull out:
Attached Thumbnails You Want it, You got it!! **How to clear out your front headlight blinkers!!**-pict0012.jpg  
Old 03-09-02, 06:23 PM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

ok now you have the headlight out and your car looks like it's missing an eye...you're only 1/3rd of the way there...good job if you're still with me!

OK now you remove that gray connector and take a peak inside!!
It looks like Amber to me!!!...Time to whip out the Dremmel or Soldering Iron and the flat head screw driver.

You would try to cut lines like the ones i've drawn ...(please use your imagination!!!)

after you cut the lines use the flat head screw driver to break the pieces free from each other and the housing.
Attached Thumbnails You Want it, You got it!! **How to clear out your front headlight blinkers!!**-pict0013.jpg  
Old 03-09-02, 06:30 PM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

Now that the amber pieces are in there time to get them out, now with a really good pair of needle nose pliers you just pull them out HARD!!!
Attached Thumbnails You Want it, You got it!! **How to clear out your front headlight blinkers!!**-pict0016.jpg  
Old 03-09-02, 06:33 PM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

Your headlight should look like this...
Attached Thumbnails You Want it, You got it!! **How to clear out your front headlight blinkers!!**-pict0017.jpg  
Old 03-09-02, 06:44 PM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

Now when you are done with both headlights put everything back together

Guys this wasn't easy especially taking out the headlights...but I did it! on a DIY Scale of 1 - 10 I would say this is definetly a #10 for very difficult.

GlobeCLK, BananaGS can't wait to see what yours look like too.

**I am not responsible if you break anything!!! Good Luck!!!

All done.
Attached Thumbnails You Want it, You got it!! **How to clear out your front headlight blinkers!!**-pict0019.jpg  
Old 03-09-02, 08:23 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks dude!!

im gonna attempt this later this summer - actually wait.. how bout i come down there and u do it for me? haha seroiusly though.. im gonna call u up for help on somethings. is the breaking of the amber like the fog lights? it sounds like it!! if thats the case im only worried about getting the lights in/out!
Old 03-09-02, 08:29 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sasha does your GS books tell you how to remove the front bumper.. When Ken Shaw replaced my front headlight assemblies they took off my bumper but I didn't get to see how they did it..

Ken
Old 03-09-02, 08:32 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its probobly in there somewhere i'll have a look.
Old 03-10-02, 02:20 PM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

I did it without removing the bumper it was extremely hard but I managed to do it without damaging anything...Sasha I will help as much as I can.

Oh and the Amber inside is not glass...it's plastic so you have to cut it up before it'll break then you just pull them out!

Sasha I hope you can find out how to remove the bumper I got half way through when I realized it wasn't worth trying to break any bumper clips..
Old 03-11-02, 10:22 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

cute
Old 03-12-02, 03:42 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Joe,

Nice write-up...since this is a #10 on a 1 to 10 scale and I'm only capable of mods up to 5.56, how about helping a fellow NJ Club Lexotic Concepts to do this on Saturday?

I know you and Ted will be busy on his car this upcoming Saturday, but maybe we can take care of both Ted's car and mine to do this small mod with your expertise if we have the time?

Joe, can you PM me your home address....i'm asssuming that's where I can meet you with Ted on Saturday and hook up with you guys....dont worry about directions...I've got NAV...just need to type in the address...

Thanks,

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: You Want it, You got it!! **How to clear out your front headlight blinkers!!**