GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

~What a amazing done by Jesse (Owner) and Me~

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-09, 09:41 AM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good stuff man! makes me want to do it too but im too scared haha
Old 04-22-09, 02:07 PM
Rich27
Lexus Test Driver

If any other members have done this, please post some pictures. Thanks!
Old 04-22-09, 07:24 PM
taeng
Lead Lap

I had mine done professionally, completely boxed and welded. The box was a lot bigger then expected but came out really nice so I didn't bother me. It almost looks factory, I'll post pictures this weekend as my car is stored at my parents garage at the moment.
Old 04-22-09, 09:49 PM
gsCrazy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VIS250P
*Keep in mind, this is risky job.. If you wanna do it and mess up from you, this is not our fault*

YEsterday, My buddy JEsse texted me about he wanna lower a little more after He got the new rims.. So we lower the car but we wanna do the fender modification first.. WE use heat gun and 4x4 wood with towel cover to prevent paint scratch... So after we done doing the modification on front and rear fender.. Then we lower the car about 1 inches more... IT look awesome to me.. I told him take a ride and see what the after result.. He told me the front upper control arm keep hitting upper shell where the control arm at... I told him "hey let go buy hole saw"..

Today, He went to Home Depot to buy hole saws and couple other tools need to use for cutting... He and I use power drill with hole saw and wanna drill other metal part (practice cutting the hole).. WE did practice and went well.. I told Jesse to be careful drill the hole for not messing up.. So we did all the work and then lower the car.. WE take a ride and BAM no more hitting noise at all. We finally happy did all the work.. Boy, Im damn ****ing tire but IM glad I learn what we done to the car... :wrench:

:cheer:

dude!!! more pics of the car and hurry!!!! those rims are HOT!!
Old 04-23-09, 12:40 AM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

yeah more pics of the car please and i wanna see pics of the jun roof spoiler too. ps nice job, looks relativly clean, like everyone else said just box it up, weld it and through a little paint and bam juat like stock. i might put a strut bar on just in case. pps those rims look like 20's but your sig says 19's ???
Old 04-23-09, 08:07 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you should finish it off...anyone can take a holesaw to thier car. Hacking is easy to do, fabrication involves finishing it off. Use a small piece of tubing, weld a cap on it, weld it to cover the whole and paint it black. I would've removed the sticker before cutting into it, but that's just me. The car definately looks better lower but when you pop that hood...its like "wha..."
Old 04-23-09, 03:47 PM
V8RdnLow
Lexus Champion

I need to do this too.....
Old 04-23-09, 09:26 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Whether you have fender liners or not does not matter. The area where that control arm hits does not get covered by the fender liner anyway. So for those who are worried about dirt and water getting in, yes it still will unless you patch up those holes. Just an fyi and my car could use this also.
Old 04-23-09, 10:00 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by taeng
I had mine done professionally, completely boxed and welded. The box was a lot bigger then expected but came out really nice so I didn't bother me. It almost looks factory, I'll post pictures this weekend as my car is stored at my parents garage at the moment.
pix!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-09, 09:58 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
pix!!!!!!!!!!!!
patience sir....he said he would do it this weekend
Old 04-24-09, 12:47 PM
scooter58
Lexus Test Driver

the price of riding low...
Old 05-03-09, 12:18 PM
vipnewb
Rookie

I just got done having my buddies do the cut outs in the shock tower in order to make clearance for the uca.
I was wondering.....have you had any issues with the upper control "arms" when compressed, hitting the shock tower area that was not cut out?
I see that the circular cut out allows more travel for the uca joint, but what about the arm?.....Im worried that it might compresses too much and bending 1 of the arms.
Anybody have a solution to this?
Old 05-03-09, 10:07 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by vipnewb
I just got done having my buddies do the cut outs in the shock tower in order to make clearance for the uca.
I was wondering.....have you had any issues with the upper control "arms" when compressed, hitting the shock tower area that was not cut out?
I see that the circular cut out allows more travel for the uca joint, but what about the arm?.....Im worried that it might compresses too much and bending 1 of the arms.
Anybody have a solution to this?
Have never seen the arm hit just the top of the balljoint of the upper control arm. I ride low so I can tell you that my arm has never hit but I can make out the impression of the balljoint of the upper control arm in the top of the shock tower.
Old 05-03-09, 11:13 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea i am doing this but boxing it thinking of using stainless so i can polish little more bling next weekends project
Old 05-13-09, 02:52 AM
vipnewb
Rookie

Originally Posted by Spyder78
Have never seen the arm hit just the top of the balljoint of the upper control arm. I ride low so I can tell you that my arm has never hit but I can make out the impression of the balljoint of the upper control arm in the top of the shock tower.
I had my buddy's shop cut out a hole for just the uca ball joint. However, it looks like the uca arms will hit the shock tower if compressed a lot. Before the cutouts, the car bottomed out on every little bump.

I have a 98 2gs with 20s on Tein Flex dumped all the way down in the front without touching the original spring load perch and the rears lowered to match the front. I also have the stiffness set to the max.

Heres a pic of how it sits currently to give you an idea of how low it is.

Originally Posted by tom steele
yea i am doing this but boxing it thinking of using stainless so i can polish little more bling next weekends project
If you can....please take pics of the actual cut out size before welding in the box and post them up. I'm curious to see how big of a cut out you go with. I am planning on going this route as well.

Quick Reply: ~What a amazing done by Jesse (Owner) and Me~