GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

HID conversion..

Old 01-03-09, 09:13 PM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID conversion..

are these crap? anyone done this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS...Q5fAccessories
Old 01-03-09, 09:35 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

dude really, another thread? why couldn't this have just gone in your other headlight thread?

dont buy that crap off of ebay. If you had searched, you would have found numerous threads explaining everything, from what color temperature is the best and why, to where to buy quality hid parts.
Old 01-03-09, 09:53 PM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jcat_GS3
dude really, another thread? why couldn't this have just gone in your other headlight thread?

dont buy that crap off of ebay. If you had searched, you would have found numerous threads explaining everything, from what color temperature is the best and why, to where to buy quality hid parts.
A. Because every freaking time i ask more than 1 question in a thread, i NEVER get all the answers..its like ppl just skim miss half of what im asking.
B. I thought of it after the fact, and it would have been completely unrelated to the other topic.
C. WHO GIVES A CRAP HOW MANY THREADS ANYONE HAS!?!?!?!?!?!?! its not like club lexus is gonna run out of room for threads because i used 3 instead of 1...i really dont see why you care so freaking much...
Old 01-03-09, 09:57 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by fordsvtmfl
A. Because every freaking time i ask more than 1 question in a thread, i NEVER get all the answers..its like ppl just skim miss half of what im asking.
B. I thought of it after the fact, and it would have been completely unrelated to the other topic.
C. WHO GIVES A CRAP HOW MANY THREADS ANYONE HAS!?!?!?!?!?!?! its not like club lexus is gonna run out of room for threads because i used 3 instead of 1...i really dont see why you care so freaking much...
Because it causes unnecessary clutter. Take a chill pill, relax and research.
Old 01-03-09, 10:13 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fordsvtmfl
a is because you've gotten yourself somewhat of a reputation for doing just this exact thing. Chances are if people are skimming your posts and not answering, the question has been answered already and you just need to search for it (not just by the exact terms you're thinking, have to be creative sometimes).

b i have no idea why an HID headlight question would be unrelated to a headlight lens question. But again, has been answered 100 different times in 100 different ways, you just were too lazy to search.

i'll let the mods try and convince you of C, you were already told in the performance sub-forum once why this is a problem.

every one of your threads follows the same pattern. If you dont get exactly the answer you're looking for you flip out and go all internet-psycho on whoever is just trying to help you. Do whatever pleases you man, i could care less, all we're trying to do in responding to your threads is help you out.
Old 01-03-09, 11:31 PM
dusouth
Pole Position

just my 2 cent....

i see this type of behavior sometime on this forum and i don't like it. Reason being is that it only starts problems between members.

next time instead of disrespecting someone, have enough respect to say nothing at all or "please search this has been covered before".

also too many threads posted about the same thing make it harder to sift through uninformative threads like this one to find the info that one is looking to obtain.

come on fellas this is the best lexus forum on the net lets keep it that way.
Old 01-04-09, 08:29 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have the same problem in the 2IS section LOL
Old 01-04-09, 10:29 AM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its just an internet forum everyone calm down lol

And Jcat why don't you let the mods do their jobs
Old 01-04-09, 11:58 AM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol go ahead and buy it, everything nowadays is made in china anyways at that price.
Old 01-04-09, 02:21 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

looks like a generic hid kit. hella gen 3 / philips lvq213 knock-off.

should be fine. just not too sure about the quality.
Old 01-04-09, 06:31 PM
jriggs
Lead Lap

if you want something with a company that backs their product order from DDMtuning.com

i had a problem on an old car with a ballast that went bad, they replaced it free of charge
Old 01-04-09, 07:02 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

At that price you can just order a replacement if it fails.
Old 01-04-09, 08:45 PM
jriggs
Lead Lap

^the ddm's are the same price as the ebays now
Old 01-04-09, 10:14 PM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dusouth
just my 2 cent....

i see this type of behavior sometime on this forum and i don't like it. Reason being is that it only starts problems between members.

next time instead of disrespecting someone, have enough respect to say nothing at all or "please search this has been covered before".

also too many threads posted about the same thing make it harder to sift through uninformative threads like this one to find the info that one is looking to obtain.

come on fellas this is the best lexus forum on the net lets keep it that way.
Old 01-04-09, 10:36 PM
GS_OREO
Pole Position

I have 2 sets of generic brand HID's on my car, just not that brand. For that price you can't go wrong, it has lasted over a year and counting.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HID conversion..