Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

DIY on changing servo motors

Old 05-06-09, 12:15 PM   #46
2kaygs4
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

how much would this service cost, thats to much diy for me?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
2kaygs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-09, 01:07 PM   #47
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (171)

Sakataj
Send a message via Yahoo to sakataj

hahaha i promise it really is simple. i think (and im speaking from what they quoted me) labor is like 3-4 hours for both + plus parts so i think that would be like 300-400 in labor and like 300 in parts= so roughly 600-700....thats why i tackled this myself. it didn't take me but like 2 hours MAYBE. for me it was worth trying myself before dumping that kinda money to the dealer

FOR ALL YOU LOWBALLERS THIS IS HOW I FEEL:
http://www.modified.com/editors/modp...ors/index.html
sakataj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-09, 07:34 PM   #48
Adam2562
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (2)

Send a message via AIM to Adam2562

thanks for the write up.. this will help me
- SRT Intake & ECU Combo, Tanabe Hyper M Exhaust, 20mm Spacer Rear, 15mm Spacer Front, Supra TT Brakes w/ SS Lines, '01 Tails, TEIN Front & Rear STB, D2 Coilovers, TTE Front Lip, 01+ Gauge Trim, TM Polyurethane Steering bushings, B&M Tranny Cooler, HID's in the yellow fogs! Lextreme TC 2800.
Adam2562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-09, 09:06 PM   #49
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Sakataj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam2562 View Post
thanks for the write up.. this will help me
your welcome....good im glad. if you need anything just ask

Old 07-15-09, 11:24 AM   #50
lyonkster
Pole Position

Great writeup - but did you figure out what the problem was after replacing the servos (post #45)? I didn't see a resolution discussed, and I'd hate to replace mine and end up with them not working properly .
lyonkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-09, 04:49 AM   #51
joshoowa
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)

Send a message via AIM to joshoowa Send a message via MSN to joshoowa Send a message via Yahoo to joshoowa

good write the noise we here that sounds like we got a mouse running around inside our ac vents, will replacing the mode servo fix this?

off topic: my mode servo broke on my 03' RX300 didnt know how to fix it but maybe I can look it up in the shop manuals.

Body: TTE Front Lip, Ltuned Grille, Ltuned sideskits, JDM window visors, Ltuned mufflers
Stance: Daizen bushings, SAGE RCAs, BC Racing Coilovers
Shoes: Zauber Gettins 20x8.5 20x10 Machine Face Polished Lips
joshoowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-09, 01:02 PM   #52
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Sakataj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonkster View Post
Great writeup - but did you figure out what the problem was after replacing the servos (post #45)? I didn't see a resolution discussed, and I'd hate to replace mine and end up with them not working properly .
yes, the gear on my ac box is broke (the white box the servos attach to) i will fix it by replacing the box when i do my interior tan to black conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshoowa View Post
good write the noise we here that sounds like we got a mouse running around inside our ac vents, will replacing the mode servo fix this?

off topic: my mode servo broke on my 03' RX300 didnt know how to fix it but maybe I can look it up in the shop manuals.
thanks and yes it will.....im fixing to tackle my drivers side which is annoying me now

no your not off topic....as far as i know the rx uses the same servos we do and they are JUST as prone to the problem as the gs is

Old 07-18-09, 01:55 PM   #53
UDel
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshoowa View Post

A mouse running around inside the ac vent/cd changer area is a very good description of what I am hearing when first starting my GS after it has not run for very long. Strangely I was a little low on coollant and added some and the noise has gone away. It only happens sporadically, the ac blows cold air on both sides and it blows hot air on both sides. Not sure, if it ends up being a servo I will definitely change it myself and save the money but I am going to change it when it stops working, I can deal with the "mouse" noise as long as everything is working well.
Old 07-18-09, 05:24 PM   #54
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Sakataj

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDel View Post
A mouse running around inside the ac vent/cd changer area is a very good description of what I am hearing when first starting my GS after it has not run for very long. Strangely I was a little low on coollant and added some and the noise has gone away. It only happens sporadically, the ac blows cold air on both sides and it blows hot air on both sides. Not sure, if it ends up being a servo I will definitely change it myself and save the money but I am going to change it when it stops working, I can deal with the "mouse" noise as long as everything is working well.
as i said in other post....if u hearing the mouse noise it is def a servo. mine would come on sometimes, go away, come back etc etc till i got annoyed enough to change it

Old 08-06-09, 02:38 PM   #55
MarkG2000
Driver School Candidate

Was here to ket a handle on the servo stuff that's been talked about because I've had the problem for...say 3 years and was hoping it would just stop on its own.
I guess I was in a dream.
Anyhow...the clicking noise is actually training me for the loony house.

It seems that there are lots of assumptions as to which one it is and what it's called but
we all seem to have it.

To get rid of my noise..I turn the a/c on and turn the temp **** to HOT. This stops the clicking. Then after a few min...I slowly turn the temp cooler unit the clicking starts again. This is usually around...81 so I turn it up to 82 and no more noise.
Now....which "servo" is to be changed/fixed? thanks.

I also read that some are having what's considered a mouse like noise. For me it's like
it I hear water sloshing around. Real faint but it's a sound of also like it's chugging along.
clues anyone?
thanks a heap
MarkG2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-09, 07:14 AM   #56
JiBBeL
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG2000 View Post
Was here to ket a handle on the servo stuff that's been talked about because I've had the problem for...say 3 years and was hoping it would just stop on its own.

It seems that there are lots of assumptions as to which one it is and what it's called but
we all seem to have it.

To get rid of my noise..I turn the a/c on and turn the temp **** to HOT. This stops the clicking. Then after a few min...I slowly turn the temp cooler unit the clicking starts again. This is usually around...81 so I turn it up to 82 and no more noise.

I also read that some are having what's considered a mouse like noise. For me it's like
it I hear water sloshing around. Real faint but it's a sound of also like it's chugging along.
clues anyone?
thanks a heap
I got the same problem on my new RX and my GS. It's air in the coolant system I think. I can "burp" the sytem and it'll be solid for a few days but always comes right back
JiBBeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-09, 02:23 PM   #57
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Sakataj

Quote:

we all seem to have it.

clues anyone?
thanks a heap
temp servo but i suggest changing both while your in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiBBeL View Post
I got the same problem on my new RX and my GS. It's air in the coolant system I think. I can "burp" the sytem and it'll be solid for a few days but always comes right back
rx's and gs share the same servo problem. its not a coolant issue....its DEF a servo problem

Old 08-08-09, 11:33 PM   #58
MarkG2000
Driver School Candidate

87106 48020

This is the servo # I have to replace. Haven't seen the part yet
to figure out which one in the pictures I need to replace.
Lexus quote about $700...WHAT!
anyway which Picture # is this particular servo?

Thanks
MarkG2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-09, 11:00 AM   #59
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Sakataj

Quote:
87106 48020

This is the servo # I have to replace. Haven't seen the part yet
to figure out which one in the pictures I need to replace.
Lexus quote about $700...WHAT!
anyway which Picture # is this particular servo?

Thanks
well if you look on the 1st post i gave the part #'s on the servos except the air recirculation servo but i tried crossing that part # you listed on sewell's page and no luck. so if i had to guess and again this is a guess i would say its the air recirculation servo and that pic is in post # 2 but where did you get this part #?

Product #:8710630341, Lexus OEM Damper (For Cooling Unit) Servo Sub-Assy, Quantity:1, Price:$141.31, Item Total:$141.31

Product #:8710630371 Lexus OEM Damper (For Mode) Servo Sub-Assembly, Quantity:1, Price:$143.38, Item Total:$143.38

and drivers side
here is the part # 87106-30351, Lexus OEM Damper Servo Sub-Assy

Old 08-13-09, 08:29 PM   #60
Adam2562
Lexus Champion

Send a message via AIM to Adam2562

ahh i think i need the drivers side for me personally
- SRT Intake & ECU Combo, Tanabe Hyper M Exhaust, 20mm Spacer Rear, 15mm Spacer Front, Supra TT Brakes w/ SS Lines, '01 Tails, TEIN Front & Rear STB, D2 Coilovers, TTE Front Lip, 01+ Gauge Trim, TM Polyurethane Steering bushings, B&M Tranny Cooler, HID's in the yellow fogs! Lextreme TC 2800.
Adam2562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-09, 08:29 PM

Tags
2004, 300, ac, clublexus, damper, dash, gs, lexus, lubing, motor, motors, recirculation, rx330, screw, servo, subassembly