GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Lexus keys!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-08, 11:50 AM
redgs300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scottgs
Well I think my problem is probably unique to most, as I dont have but one key and its the valet'. So if I were to get any keys cut for me, they would only be valet's too. I dont have any guts, controlers or keys. So I think the 445.98$ they are charging me to change out ECU, 3 new masters with controllers and a valet, is not a bad price at all. Esp when I found out that its over 1600$ normally WOW!
why would you do that? The website above lets you order a brand new key, and the other website will cut the key to your vin number.. so you dont need a key master key sent to copy the cut.. it will come out to maybe max $200?
Old 08-11-08, 01:50 PM
'99 SC 400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by '99 SC 400
Which Ace did you go to? A semi totaled my SC. Now I have a '03 GS430.
Still no luck finding an ACE Hardware that cuts Lexus keys.
Old 08-11-08, 02:26 PM
ppate1
Driver School Candidate

How do you post a thread? I just had a problem with the Stereo, interior lights and keyless entry on my 2000 lexus GS400 just stop working. Any advice on this please.
Thanks.
Old 08-11-08, 02:57 PM
'99 SC 400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ppate1
How do you post a thread? I just had a problem with the Stereo, interior lights and keyless entry on my 2000 lexus GS400 just stop working. Any advice on this please.
Thanks.
Forum tools drop down menu or new thread tab.

Last edited by '99 SC 400; 08-11-08 at 03:00 PM. Reason: not complete
Old 08-28-08, 10:16 AM
obinna
Driver School Candidate

This is the best forum!
Old 09-04-08, 12:16 PM
'99 SC 400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lexamatic
I bought 2 blank shells off ebay and got them cut at Ace for $7 each. I took the transmitter (guts) from inside my old broken key's shells and put them in the new shells.

Just call & ask your local Ace shop if they have a machine for laser cut keys.

If you have lost ALL your master keys (including the guts), you have an expensive problem. Its really bad if you have a 1998 or 1999 model GS and no master keys, cuz the computer has to be replaced along with the keys since its not re-programmable.

I've called ten different ACE Hardwares in the Atlanta area and none of them cut laser keys. They all said that there are not any ACE's that cut laser keys. Lexmatic pm'd me that the ACE that cut his key is no longer in bussiness. Maybe they went broke trying to recoupe the the cash they laid out for the laser key cutter!!
Old 06-28-14, 01:48 PM
SharpGent
Pit Crew

Received 122 Likes on 49 Posts

This is a VERY old thread, but I could use an update.

I have ONLY one key, and it's the valet key. The original owner of the car lost the two master keys.

I want to get new keys with remotes, but I don't want to "brick" the car because I don't have a master key to start. I clicked the first link (end of page 2) and saw a master key for $100. But toy-lex.com is gone, so I don't know where to go from here.

If I need to get a master key or two for my car, what is the best/cheapest route. I'm also pretty tech-savvy so I can program things myself if given the chance.

Thanks
Old 06-28-14, 02:54 PM
raytseng
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by SharpGent
This is a VERY old thread, but I could use an update.

I have ONLY one key, and it's the valet key. The original owner of the car lost the two master keys.

I want to get new keys with remotes, but I don't want to "brick" the car because I don't have a master key to start. I clicked the first link (end of page 2) and saw a master key for $100. But toy-lex.com is gone, so I don't know where to go from here.

If I need to get a master key or two for my car, what is the best/cheapest route. I'm also pretty tech-savvy so I can program things myself if given the chance.

Thanks
google lexus ecu reflash and start making phone calls. It's best if you find a locksmith local that you can deal with in-person.
This was one of the first links for example:
http://www.a-1mobilelockandkey.com/t...questions.html

The exact year of your car matters too; later years allow the dealer to be able to get you a new MasterKey officially without flashing of the ecu; older years is where they need the unofficial methods and they may say we will only replace the whole ecu. So call your dealer too.

Last edited by raytseng; 06-28-14 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-01-14, 01:15 PM
JJaySilver
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How to tell if one has a valet key? I have two blank key's with "TOY" and an alphanumerical number behind it imprinted in the center of the circle for my 01. What do you guys mean by "ecu," is there a separate ecu for the key's? If so, where can I locate it so I can know if I have it and get the keys replace with 2 OEM/equivalent "or" eternity remotes.
Old 07-03-14, 11:08 PM
yeags430
Driver School Candidate

valet key is grey..the master keys have the fob remote on it..and there is a regular black key..if you only have the grey valet key..it cannot be duplicated cause of the chip in it..the keys are programmed to the main ecu of the vehicle..hence starter disable..anti theft..
Old 07-04-14, 10:07 PM
JJaySilver
Pole Position

I have no OEM remote, black key, nor grey valet; just 2 black aftermarket non remote keys. Wellp, after I replace all my door lock actuators, and install new 6.5 speaker w/adapters I'll go to the dealer and get 2 remote keys, cut them then program them myself, and maybe keep my aftermarkets as my valet/backups. I'm tired of walking over to the car, stick a key inside the key hole and twist to open, to much work and to many fine scratches. I've never had a car with a remote and I want it that.
Old 07-05-14, 04:39 AM
Ava92
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JJaySilver
I have no OEM remote, black key, nor grey valet; just 2 black aftermarket non remote keys. Wellp, after I replace all my door lock actuators, and install new 6.5 speaker w/adapters I'll go to the dealer and get 2 remote keys, cut them then program them myself
Let me know how that goes...in a similar situation..The grey valet key is not enough to clone a new key using the pedal proceduere
Old 07-05-14, 12:42 PM
JJaySilver
Pole Position

I might have better chance because I have 2 aftermarket non remote key that think should be the master:

Old 08-08-14, 01:57 PM
Eternity Key
Former Sponsor

Beware of cheap keys - they break and leave you stranded! The Eternity Key is the strongest replacement key on the market with a specially patented design for the most durability, and has a lifetime warranty too. It's the last replacement key you will ever need to buy. Ask your Lexus dealer for it by name, or check our website for dealers at www.eternitykey.com
Old 08-08-14, 03:28 PM
akafixture
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ebay and my local locksmith. $40 total.

Quick Reply: Lexus keys!!!!!!