GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

*PICS* Amazing Deal on GS300...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-08, 11:42 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

looks like a nice find! GL!
Old 04-19-08, 12:12 PM
kenkaniff
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn. 7.5 is real cheap. But I was never in the market for a GS3, although there were more of them out there. I didn't want to regret not getting more power. But from seeing your work, I'm sure you'd mode the engine to get more power than the GS4 anyway. Good luck!

I also agree with not lowballing, owners get pissed and will go with another guy over you if you keep pissing him off.
Old 04-19-08, 12:51 PM
SHiZNiLTi
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhoenixINX
I'm starting to recognize that this board is FULL of low-ballers lately... It wasn't like that years ago. Wow.

You admitted his first price was already a great deal, PLUS he even went a bit down from there. I'm going to guess that is going to accomodate the 90k service. I would be careful in continuing to low-ball, as he might just tell you to buzz off.

Go with the offer you guys made, reconsider those 20's as they are going to kill the great ride these cars already deliver. Then enjoy a great reliable car!

Good luck.
LOL, ya I agree I'm a low baller, but for a good reason.... I'm only 24 years old just got done paying off college. I've flipped (2) pieces of land in my time to buy the house I'm living in now. Bottom line money is tight for me, I don't have any roommates or a wife so I cant afford a high car paymant since all my money goes to my house. I want to just do this as a cash deal to get it done with. As a network admin of a fortune 500 company I'm still only making 45k a year, and I've been there 2 years already. This career doesn't pay like I thought it would Degree in CNIT FTL

I got him down to $7500 without knowing that the 90k service was done. After the test drive and low balling I left and told him I want to take a couple day to further research the car some more. At this time I found out about the 90k service that is supposed to be done. I called him up and he said that it hasn't been done. Then I just told him thanks for the info and I'll talk to you later.... I didn't try to negotiate over the phone, I prefer doing it in person instead

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
make sure he sticks to his word on throwing in the 18 of bud light, don't want to miss out on that type of quality brew. and dont forget to buy two more tires, you'll probably screw up the rims if you only use 2.
LOL jokester huh :P... I LOL'd when I saw that he would toss in the 18pk. Thanks for pointing out the missing two tires, at first glance it appears to be a complete package. I've allready researched the cost of (2) more 255/35ZR20's and it would cost me another $80 to get the other (2) tires.

Originally Posted by Ay-nako
i know i look like a new commer my self but the boards arent what they used to be either :/ we have a whole new wave of people buying these cars there not 30 to 40k cars anymore :/ i bought my car back in 03/04

well anywho good luck with the purchace if its really only 7k that looks like a ridiculous good buy!
Thanks man, Just wondering.... You said you bought your GS300 in 03/2004 when you were only 16 years old. How did you get all the money? Mommy and Daddy just messing with ya bro it's all good if your parents helped out a bit. I just kinda of take offense to the comment "new wave of people" does this not mean I'm a baller like you or is that just another way to say I'm medium to low class? If so you have some ego problems

Originally Posted by kenkaniff
Damn. 7.5 is real cheap. But I was never in the market for a GS3, although there were more of them out there. I didn't want to regret not getting more power. But from seeing your work, I'm sure you'd mode the engine to get more power than the GS4 anyway. Good luck!

I also agree with not lowballing, owners get pissed and will go with another guy over you if you keep pissing him off.
True, it would be pretty bad to **** him off and lose out on this deal, but from talking with the guy person to person he inst showing any signs of being intimidated or being pushed to hard with our negotiation. I agree I've seen some really fast GS3's out there and have been pricing out my future upgrades already, lol even though I don't have the car in my garage just yet

I'm going to go ahead and post up my other wheel choices in this thread.

Please make sure to re-visit this post to give your opinion. Thanks for all the feedback.
Old 04-19-08, 01:19 PM
SHiZNiLTi
Pole Position

There's really nothing up on the PHX craigslist that is any decent. I may have to wait, but in the mean time I will check ebay and the classifieds section of the lexus forums.

I'm really looking for a nice staggered setup with the 20x10 in the rear with a nice 4" lip, I've got a freind in a body shop and he said he has the tools to "roll the fenders".

Here is what is up there now...

Foose $1600 20.8.5" True Chrome Lip not polished and black center, tires on the small side but should work well with The Tanabe DF210 springs...

I'll post some better choices pretty soon. Also if you know of some clean 20's post them up for me. Thanks![/COLOR][/B]

Last edited by SHiZNiLTi; 04-20-08 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-19-08, 01:20 PM
wowitztai
Lexus Champion

Thats a deal on the car..but for the wheels..nah to much chrome..but its what you like..good luck
Old 04-19-08, 01:45 PM
SHiZNiLTi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wowitztai
Thats a deal on the car..but for the wheels..nah to much chrome..but its what you like..good luck
Ya I agree, I'm trying to get away from the Big Bling and some classy looking luxory wheels, but it looks like it's gonna cost me. Your 20x8.5 Luxe LX2 wheels are very clean I like how the silver center match's your paint. Is that a chrome or polished lip? I prefer chrome.

Have you guys seen any wheels with the Lexus Pearl White center and a Chrome lip? I know you can have a body shop color match the center, but I'm afraid of chipping.

I do have a connection for sevas wheels, but it's gonna be in the $2k range. What do you guys think about this selection...

I like the Sevas S-10 with white center and chrome lip, are these classy or trashy?

Below is a link to there entire line of wheels...

(about 100 pics of Sevas wheels on Lexus's)

Please take a moment to review the wheels and let me know what style you like the best and I will request a quote through my hookup...

http://www.d2autosport.com/D2_2006/0...ery_lexus.html

Last edited by SHiZNiLTi; 04-19-08 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-19-08, 03:00 PM
phillygs3

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID
Car

Wheels
Old 04-19-08, 03:04 PM
phillygs3

Originally Posted by SHiZNiLTi
Ya I agree, I'm trying to get away from the Big Bling and some classy looking luxory wheels, but it looks like it's gonna cost me. Your 20x8.5 Luxe LX2 wheels are very clean I like how the silver center match's your paint. Is that a chrome or polished lip? I prefer chrome.

Have you guys seen any wheels with the Lexus Pearl White center and a Chrome lip? I know you can have a body shop color match the center, but I'm afraid of chipping.

I do have a connection for sevas wheels, but it's gonna be in the $2k range. What do you guys think about this selection...

I like the Sevas S-10 with white center and chrome lip, are these classy or trashy?

Below is a link to there entire line of wheels...

(about 100 pics of Sevas wheels on Lexus's)

Please take a moment to review the wheels and let me know what style you like the best and I will request a quote through my hookup...

http://www.d2autosport.com/D2_2006/0...ery_lexus.html
sevvas are cracking in half i would stay away from them. When you get the car i would shop around for the wheels just search the photoshop forum and you will see alot of different pics with all kinds of wheels that seize photoshopped. and checkout d2's website he has plenty of wheels at a good price
Old 04-19-08, 03:05 PM
SHiZNiLTi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID
Car

Wheels
I'm still on the search for some better wheels, phx-craigslist doesnt have much.

Originally Posted by phillygs3
sevvas are cracking in half i would stay away from them:
I was originally planing on getting a 03 BMW 740 and was browsing the forums and I also heard about the sevas s-10 having issues balancing. I believe they fixed the issue, but who knows.

Last edited by SHiZNiLTi; 04-19-08 at 03:14 PM.
Old 04-19-08, 03:08 PM
1GStoEnvy
Lexus Champion

the car is a good deal....
but i wouldn't buy the rims.... because its not my style....
but if you like them go for it....
Old 04-19-08, 03:52 PM
stayblaze
Driver

car sounds good a no for the wheels.
Old 04-19-08, 07:27 PM
swat1727
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

is the car clean title? howzx the condition?
Old 04-19-08, 07:50 PM
Emontes7
Driver

buy it.. dont ask no questions its a lex..bought mine same yr 185k for $6500 no problems..so your getting a great deal.. dont buy the rims and use to money for the 90k service
Old 04-19-08, 09:00 PM
jesod
Pole Position

Welcome, sounds like you will be a welcome addition to CL. I personally would get the car and do a lot of research before you start springing for mods. I learned the hardway that you need to do it the way you want it the first time, even if it means holding off for a while. Look at the pics of different cars and the look that you want to go for the GS is a very versatile car, it's one of the few that can project any image that you want.
Old 04-19-08, 09:44 PM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

I like the car!! just my color!!!

not my style of wheels though.......

Quick Reply: *PICS* Amazing Deal on GS300...