GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
Old 12-12-14, 04:02 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

air ride install is done!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-08, 08:16 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toeb
no! i paid 2000 for everything that was kit and all the little extra stuff you need to buy for the install. i did the install my self so there was no charge just time. unless you count the wifey complaning cause i was at the shop late all week!!!

Toe-B
On UAS website it's priced at $2300, but heard some people getting it for $2150. So is that $2000 with misc. parts a wholesale deal or can anyone get that price. I'm assuming this included shipping as well, since you did say "everything".
Old 03-11-08, 10:49 PM
Neo300
Lead Lap

Ok, so if you were to mount the bag on the, lets say, very bottom of the OE strut, then you could put the car damn near on the ground?
I was trying to keep this 'top secret' but I ordered the same exact setup as you from UAS last Friday (3-7). By me seeing that last picture of your car with the suspension 'all the way down', it made me kinda nervous/a little angry. I was REALLY hopping that, when at a dead stop, you could damn near lay your car on the ground. If not, then I'm not sure what I'll do...
That last pic you posted kinda looked how my car sits now with my HKS's... maybe a little lower .
Old 03-12-08, 12:19 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo300
...I was trying to keep this 'top secret' but I ordered the same exact setup as you from UAS last Friday (3-7). By me seeing that last picture of your car with the suspension 'all the way down', it made me kinda nervous/a little angry. I was REALLY hopping that, when at a dead stop, you could damn near lay your car on the ground. If not, then I'm not sure what I'll do...
That last pic you posted kinda looked how my car sits now with my HKS's... maybe a little lower .

definitely agree with you... im not criticizing this car at all, it looks good, but mine looks the same now with the coilovers i already have cranked all the way down... im in almost the same boat, ive been trying to gather up info and was days away from pulling the trigger on a UAS/easystreet setup and didnt want to talk about it until after the install, but if im going to be so limited with my current wheel setup, its almost pointless... if i put my second set of wheels back on (20x8.5/20x9.5, 34 offset) based on what this guy is going through i probably wouldnt be able to go much lower either even though the bags would be mounted on maxed out coilover struts.. so whats the deal? without heavy fender modification the only way to get these gs's laying almost on the ground with the uas/coilover setup is to have 19s or smaller with conservative offsets?
Old 03-12-08, 12:21 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pimplux808

heres a litto advice...

-the front control arms are gonna rub the airbags and after a while your gonna see the wear n tear on the bags . . .

do you know if this is a problem even when using the uas setup with coilovers? if so, no way around it?
Old 03-12-08, 12:40 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Nice write up ... Def roll those fenders to have more room just incase for the rear ? but I dont think you will have problems .. and take out the bump stops asap

Welcome to the air club @!
Old 03-12-08, 01:06 AM
ShaneC
Lexus Champion

Nice! i just modified my top mount a little to get more clearance. and i found some rubbing on my bilstein struts from the cylinder pipe that mounts to the top of the rear bags. iono if this is common or not...

just a side note.. i heard from a friend that UAS selected these valves for this uas set up because they can handle lots of abuse. things wont get stuck in the valves like the "valve manifolds" type of set up. but its always good to get that water trap... i still haven't gotten around to it yet.

Great pictures!!
Old 03-12-08, 05:39 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo300
in the last pic, he's maybe a bit lower than we can go.

dont forget, many cars on air, also have body kits installed as well so as (maybe) not able to slam that low? (considering the kits hang lower than oem) is that correct?
Old 03-12-08, 06:04 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
in the last pic, he's maybe a bit lower than we can go.

dont forget, many cars on air, also have body kits installed as well so as (maybe) not able to slam that low? (considering the kits hang lower than oem) is that correct?

that doesnt really have anything to do with this guy not being able to go any lower though, the body on his gs is stock.....
Old 03-12-08, 07:22 AM
Neo300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
definitely agree with you... im not criticizing this car at all, it looks good, but mine looks the same now with the coilovers i already have cranked all the way down... im in almost the same boat, ive been trying to gather up info and was days away from pulling the trigger on a UAS/easystreet setup and didnt want to talk about it until after the install, but if im going to be so limited with my current wheel setup, its almost pointless... if i put my second set of wheels back on (20x8.5/20x9.5, 34 offset) based on what this guy is going through i probably wouldnt be able to go much lower either even though the bags would be mounted on maxed out coilover struts.. so whats the deal? without heavy fender modification the only way to get these gs's laying almost on the ground with the uas/coilover setup is to have 19s or smaller with conservative offsets?

Yeah, I tried to keep hush-hush, but oh well .
I'm running 19x9 front and 19x10 rear, so I'm hoping I can go lower. If I remove the bumpstops and mount the bags differently on the strut then I MAY be able to get lower . Toeb, can you shed any light for Upstate and I .
Old 03-12-08, 07:39 AM
Jedidiah
Pole Position

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those with coilovers (ie: Neo, Upstate, etc) who are desiring the "slammed" effect when parked...... I don't see that you will have any problems.

I saw a demo video on UAS. Essentially, you set your coilover to the desired ride heighth, and then slip over the bag in place of the spring. Thats keeping in mind that the bag is full at your ride heighth, therefore when the bag is deflated you should be able to go much lower if not to the ground (those with HKS, Tein SS, etc).

There are several people on this forum running UAS with coilovers that can be fully dumped. There are pictures all over showing this.

Again, I don't have the system so I don't know 100%, but I would say I'm 99.99% confident.
Old 03-12-08, 07:52 AM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
Here is how I achieved my stance. The rear bracket UAS supplied and I was told I could go lower with another bracket. In my case my exhaust was already 1/4" off the ground.

Here is how the brackets look for the rear (though the brackets you receive will most likely be less pieces since this was a prototype)

This is how the bracket came from UAS, also notice there are 2 rings on the Tein CS.

I cut the bracket down 7/8" and only used 1 ring.

That allowed the front to tuck. The rear tucked from how it was set up from UAS.

The only issues I could see with running 20's is you may rub the front inner fender lining. You can heat up the lining and press it up. That is what I've done as well as a few others in norcal. If you decide to running a crazy offset, well you will have to measure what is perfect for you and you can decide to roll or shave the front, and I would recommend shaving the rears.
Running 19x10 +35 in the rear, I barely made it dropping the car down. Now if you camber in the rear a little you will have no issues, but everything is up to you and how you tune your specs.

If you have any other questions let me know, I can look for pictures as well. I took shots of the entire install process since myself and TAMR_GUS98 did the install.
Old 03-12-08, 07:57 AM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jedidiah
Correct me if I'm wrong, but those with coilovers (ie: Neo, Upstate, etc) who are desiring the "slammed" effect when parked...... I don't see that you will have any problems.

I saw a demo video on UAS. Essentially, you set your coilover to the desired ride heighth, and then slip over the bag in place of the spring. Thats keeping in mind that the bag is full at your ride heighth, therefore when the bag is deflated you should be able to go much lower if not to the ground (those with HKS, Tein SS, etc).

There are several people on this forum running UAS with coilovers that can be fully dumped. There are pictures all over showing this.

Again, I don't have the system so I don't know 100%, but I would say I'm 99.99% confident.

As far as setting your coilovers at any height, as far as the rear goes, the bracket that holds the UAS bag is fixed. There is no adjustment from what I've seen on a few set ups, including the Tein CSv2 bracket.

Zack at UAS has all the measurements, especially for the 2GS, since I measured clearance all around the bag in the rear and also sent him a Tein CS so the correct bracket could be built. A lot of R&D went into the rear bracket for the Tein CSv2 set up on the 2GS.

The front you can raise and lower to a point. See the above post I wrote.
Old 03-12-08, 08:11 AM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

here is another shot of the rear bracket. (the final bracket may be less pieces)

this is the call all the way down. Now I still have room to go down from a clearance perspective of my tires inside the fenders.

Keep in mind with the way the Tein CSv2 brackets are set up they allow you to remove them if you so please. There is no welding to the shock. If you decided you wanted to go lower in the front, then you may have to explore a way to modify the front bracket even more.

If my current wheel set up didn't have such an aggressive offset, I could have tucked the wheels, but that wasn't the look I wanted to achieve.
Old 03-12-08, 08:53 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Upstate:

Just to give you an idea ... I am sure Lightwave76 has answered many questions ... But I am on the kyb-gr2 shocks until Chris and Solo found a way to make coils work ..

Note the camber in the rear ?
I am sitting on 19x10+43 in rear
Keeping in Mind I can still go lower I have 1 inch clearance under the side skirts now .. .. I have the ability since I am not flush .. to still drive 8 mph...

and slightly rub plastic lining in the front ... In case of an emergency I can pull off the road ...great feature to have ..
Which had happened once blown bag at 80 mph on the freeway ...
(bag / strut combo)(airride technologies combo skw 7000/9000)..
Look up (pxrlex) on youtube to see down and driving ..

Just take out bump stops and you can go lower and adjust the camber ...

Last edited by VipDout; 03-12-08 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-12-08, 10:27 AM
toeb
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jedidiah

yes thats as low as it goes for me!! it will go lower read the post i still have the bump stops and the lower spring seats in. if you where to remove the lower spring seat and the bump stops you could drop another 2 to 2.5 inches. also you guys on coilovers would be able to drop as low as your coilovers will allow you to. i do plan on taking the stops out i just havent yet because i wanted to get everything in to make sure it was all working right. if i get a chance today ima try to pull them out so ill post up some new pics!!!

Quick Reply: air ride install is done!!!!