GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Where 2 Buy Door Lock Actuators Cheap?

Old 01-15-08, 10:11 PM
natedahms
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Where 2 Buy Door Lock Actuators Cheap?

Has anyone out there replaced there actuators? I have to replace 3 of my 4. If it was only one I had to buy I wouldnt be asking for help finding a good price. I see on Sewells site there $103 each. $300 is alot of money just for the power locks to work consistantly. I have a quick question that's kinda stupid and I'm a little imbarassed to ask. When the Lexus service department refures to the LEFT side of the car. Which side is that? Drivers side or passenger side?
Old 01-15-08, 11:00 PM
Ishinc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are have been around cars and can remove the actuators yourself, you may want to look into just replacing the motors in the actuator. It goes for about 7 bucks on ebay and you get 5 motors. That enough to fix all your doors. Search around and there should be a thread on this. I did this to one of my doors and it works great!

Lastly, normally the left side is referred to the driver side...unless you have a jdm car! haha
Old 01-16-08, 01:57 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by natedahms
I see on Sewells site there $103 each.
That's better than the $200 ea. they want at Carson Toyota. And yeah...I feel kinda goofy using a key to enter my Lexus instead of the keyless entry feature. Someone even remarked on it the other day, a female at that...sheesh

I have to get this taken care of soon...very soon. Luckily Ionly need 1 actuator *knock on wood*

There is also a CL member who will rebuild your existing actuator if you remove it and ship it to him, but you can't close/use your door in the meantime from what I understand...that sucks.

I'm debating on whether to just spend the $100 on an actuator from Sewell so I know I don't have any issues or simply buying those ebay motors...I'll probably just drop the $100 to be certain I have no issues. I hate issues.

Originally Posted by Ishinc
you may want to look into just replacing the motors in the actuator. It goes for about 7 bucks on ebay and you get 5 motors. That enough to fix all your doors.
Any tips on finding the fleabay motors?
Old 01-16-08, 02:20 PM
Ishinc
Driver

On ebay search for Item number 180206193402.

This is the same seller I bought from and the motors were drop in perfect. Offer him 3 bucks and he will take it immediately.

I say give it a try on fixing them before buying the whole unit. There is a whole write up on doing this. Pretty easy. If you are able to take out the actuator yourself i'm pretty sure you can figure out how to change the motor. Let me know how it goes.
Old 01-16-08, 08:09 PM
natedahms
Driver

I went and bought two actuators today for a hundred each from Lexus. I didnt know it was going to be that hard to get the actuators out. I must have spent two hours just on trying to get the actuator out of the door after I got all the bolts out. I ended up having to take out the door handle for the actuator to came out. I never was able to tighten up one of the nuts on the door handle when I put it back together. I just got it finger tight. I bought both rear actuators but they only had one in stock so I have to go back and get the other one in the morning. I'm not really looking forward to putting the drivers side rear in tomarrow. I also got my spoiler in the mail today. Hopefully I'll get that painted tomarrow and install that to while I'm at it. I changed my plugs today to but now my VSC and VCS off lights are on. When's it going to end?
Old 01-17-08, 12:11 AM
JasonA70
Driver School Candidate

i just pulled out the actuator and the little motor out and it look me like 30 minutes. 5 minutes to pull the door panel out+ the actuator and 25 minutes to get that damn actuator opened, well i ordered 5 of those mini motors and it cost me 7 bucks. hopefully it is a drop in fix.
Old 01-17-08, 04:09 AM
natedahms
Driver

Did you do the front or the rear that fast? I just ordered those motors off ebay because I know the front ones are going to go out to. It's only a matter of time. Plus I already have the two old actuators I took out to rebuild. How did you take the actuator apart? and what did you use to hold it back together? Its one piece with no screws. It looks like it's glued together or something.

Last edited by natedahms; 01-17-08 at 04:52 AM.
Old 01-18-08, 03:15 AM
JasonA70
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by natedahms
Did you do the front or the rear that fast? I just ordered those motors off ebay because I know the front ones are going to go out to. It's only a matter of time. Plus I already have the two old actuators I took out to rebuild. How did you take the actuator apart? and what did you use to hold it back together? Its one piece with no screws. It looks like it's glued together or something.
i used a heat gun and i preyed it open with a sharp knife or chisel. i will be putting it back together with epoxy. i took out the rears and fronts very quickly, i have a basic skills of a mechanic.
Old 05-07-08, 07:49 PM
DPanchak
Driver School Candidate

Default I did it the Mabuchi way!

Thank you to the guy that first posted about those $5 Mabuchi Motors on ebay. I bought them for sh-ts and g-ggles because it was $5. I figured I'd try that first before spending $103. It worked like a charm.

It took a while to get the actuator out but I popped it open with a chisle and voila. Done deal. cheap. perfect. email me if you need help. glad to pass it on.

Doug - dpanchak at yahoo dot com.
Old 05-19-08, 08:00 PM
Cac
Driver School Candidate

Can someone tell me which Mabuchi Motor to get?? i go on ebay and i see like tons of different ones.
Old 09-25-09, 07:41 AM
nicegy31
Driver School Candidate

Default This is the number to the motor...

Fc 280pc 22125
Old 09-26-09, 12:27 AM
edinburger
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im in UK and just bought one from lexus UK for £120 .
Old 09-26-09, 01:51 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

I can't seem to find the motors on eBay for $3 for 5 motors. All I have found as of now is the $9 for 1. I did find a site outside of eBay that sells them for $2.50 a motor... Might buy them from there and give this thing a shot.
Old 09-29-09, 09:18 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

There are sites that sells them cheap but they usually have a minimum order so you can't buy just a few motors.

I know my friend recently bought the same motor from ebay for $5 each plus $3.50 regardless of how many motors you buy.. It's not as cheap as it was before but it's still better than the $9+$3 shipping that tag16c wants for them.
Old 09-30-09, 11:20 PM
a#'z
Lead Lap

What is the site to get the motor cheaper, cause on ebay its almost 15 bucks including shipping.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where 2 Buy Door Lock Actuators Cheap?