GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Where 2 Buy Door Lock Actuators Cheap?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-09, 11:36 PM
Baliztik
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tommy at MusicBox has the hookup. He can install them cheap.
Old 09-30-09, 11:44 PM
baydriver
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i also need these motor, anyone have a link?
Old 10-24-09, 10:19 PM
Lexilady
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 es330

Hi I have a 05 ES330 and the passenger side door lock will not lock or unlock anymore. Would this motor work for me???

Originally Posted by Ishinc
On ebay search for Item number 180206193402.

This is the same seller I bought from and the motors were drop in perfect. Offer him 3 bucks and he will take it immediately.

I say give it a try on fixing them before buying the whole unit. There is a whole write up on doing this. Pretty easy. If you are able to take out the actuator yourself i'm pretty sure you can figure out how to change the motor. Let me know how it goes.
Old 10-26-09, 04:51 AM
MattVR4
Driver School Candidate

I just replaced my driver door last night. I purchased the motor on ebay ($14) and used the DIY thread. I was able to take everything out in 40 mins. but opening that white box to replace the little motor inside was another story. Oh, one important note, after you take out the door panel, roll the window back up and then go unhook the battery. Trust me, your hand will not like it when the window roll down on your hand, lol.
Old 10-26-09, 05:21 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

is this motor replacement the solution to only being able to lock and unlock a door with the key and not by hand? and when done by hand it feels springy?
Old 10-26-09, 07:19 AM
MattVR4
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
is this motor replacement the solution to only being able to lock and unlock a door with the key and not by hand? and when done by hand it feels springy?
I was able to lock and unlock with remote or by hand. If you can not lock or unlock by hand after you replaced the motor than I am guessing something is not right with the install. Springy? You might have to adjust the black threaded cable that is attached to the door panel.

The whole process is not hard at all. Just make sure you don't use force that might break off any plastic pieces. I found the most time consuming was cutting the white box open to replace the little motor inside. Also, you do not have to take out the speakers or mirror if you had the window up. Actually, I didn't even have to loosen up anything with the window track expect that one bolt holding the window track on the side (it is the flexible piece with part metal and part rubber).

For the old motor, you might have to use a torch gun to heat up the old motor to get that black metal piece off. Also, when you put that black piece back in the new motor try not to hammer it. I used vise-grip to push it in.
Old 10-26-09, 08:09 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

I havent done it yet. I was asking if this was gonna solve my problem. I dont want to go through the trouble for a no fix. As said before, I can still lock it with key, just not with button or by hand.
Old 10-26-09, 09:14 AM
MattVR4
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
I havent done it yet. I was asking if this was gonna solve my problem. I dont want to go through the trouble for a no fix. As said before, I can still lock it with key, just not with button or by hand.
I was able to lock and unlock with the key or by hand before I tackled this problem. If you can't lock by hand you might want at least pull the door panel off and check those 2 cable attached to the door panel and make sure the plastic pieces are not broken. If it is then you might have to buy the whole thing. This is what I figured as far as my fix, $14 vs. $200 something for the whole assembly. I rather waste $14 before I buy the whole darn thing. Plus if you changing the whole assembly you are not that far from just replacing that motor.
Old 10-26-09, 02:42 PM
burny
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

If the door lock/unlock on the armrest works but the remote does not, is this an actuator problem? new battery in the remote but does not work. Both driver and passenger side lock buttons on the armrest work fine.
Old 10-27-09, 04:52 AM
MattVR4
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by burny
If the door lock/unlock on the armrest works but the remote does not, is this an actuator problem? new battery in the remote but does not work. Both driver and passenger side lock buttons on the armrest work fine.
After you put the new battery in the remote, can you at least use the remote to release the trunk or hit the panic button? If not, I am guessing your remote might be broken or you put the wrong battery in?
Old 10-27-09, 06:37 AM
burny
Lexus Champion

they both open the trunk. Neither remote will unlock the doors. Like I mentioned, the inside lock/unlock button works fine on both sides. Does the actuator work off the inside switches as well?
Old 10-27-09, 08:56 AM
MattVR4
Driver School Candidate

they both open the trunk. Neither remote will unlock the doors. Like I mentioned, the inside lock/unlock button works fine on both sides. Does the actuator work off the inside switches as well?
I serisouly doubt all 4 door actuators broke at the same time unless you never change out your old one when they stopped working. I am assuming if you were able to use the lock/unlock botton on the door handle to lock and unlock the car but not the remote, it might be something else not actuators. I am not sure if there is a switch or sensor somewhere. It sounds to me the remote is not communicating with the car or if there a switch or sensor then it is not sending signal to the door when pressing the lock/unlock function. I don't have the manual for electricial on the car.
Old 10-27-09, 05:58 PM
burny
Lexus Champion

I think it is the remote as well, but that would mean the spare is acting up too. I'm completely puzzled.
Old 10-27-09, 06:19 PM
MattVR4
Driver School Candidate

I think it is the remote as well, but that would mean the spare is acting up too. I'm completely puzzled.
Again, I doubt both of your remotes are broken at the same time. When did all this happen? 1 remote just stopped locking and unlocking the doors one day? I assume then you tried to use the spare key right away and came to realize that spare key didn't work either? Was the spare key working fine before your orginial remote mess up?
Old 10-28-09, 11:01 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

might wanna check the remote ecu it could be dying. its located under the c-pillar on the passenger side rear

Quick Reply: Where 2 Buy Door Lock Actuators Cheap?