GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

For people with G35 wheels, do you use hub centric rings?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-08, 05:53 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just fitting my 67mm outer ring with no issues. get poly not metal ones.
Old 04-17-08, 06:58 PM
quickex99
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just want to make sure that everyone is ordering the outer diameter 66.06 | inside diameter 60.1 for the 19 inch G35 wheels before I order? thanks!
Old 04-22-08, 02:51 PM
topman
Driver School Candidate

Hi, i have a set of 350Z 35th anni. 18' Wheels on my GS3, i would like to know is the hub bore size of my wheel same as the G35s? I searched google but couldn't find this info. Please help.

Old 04-28-08, 11:46 PM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by topman
Hi, i have a set of 350Z 35th anni. 18' Wheels on my GS3, i would like to know is the hub bore size of my wheel same as the G35s? I searched google but couldn't find this info. Please help.

Yes. Same
Nissan 350Z, 300ZX, 240SX, SE, Maxima, Sentra(01+), Altima, Stanza, Quest
Infiniti I30,I35, J30, M30, G35, G20
Old 04-29-08, 01:10 PM
topman
Driver School Candidate

I tried to order a set of hub centric rings for my wheel (350z 35th anniversary wheel 66.06mm -> 60.01mm) on 1010tire.com, but i got a reply from them and stated the hub centric rings won't work on OEM wheels, any ideas? thanks.

Heres the reply i got:

You recently placed an order with us for some hub centric rings, but there is a problem with the order. You left a note stating that these are for some OEM rims. Hub centric rings are designed for use with after market rims. After market wheels have a special "seat" machined into them for the hub ring to sit into. OEM wheels do not have this seat, so even if you get the size correct, they may not fit properly. If the rings do not sit flush, then the wheel may actually not sit flush on the hub of the vehicle and this will cause more vibration rather then less. As noted on our web site, we do not allow returns or exchanges on hub centric rings, so if you decide to proceed and they do not fit, you are stuck with them. Please reply to this E-mail and let us know if you want to proceed or if you prefer to cancel the order.
Old 05-27-08, 11:50 AM
Deception
Lexus Test Driver

alright the gs hub size is 60.1 and the hub size for the g35 is 66.1 , 66.6 or 67.1?? im looking at justforwheels.com and they list those outer diameters for the hub rings.
Old 05-27-08, 02:02 PM
ISFjimmy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

can someone state exactly what we should get since i got confused. lol.
Old 08-25-08, 03:56 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

got a question regarding these. I purchased a set of the aluminum ones and I still have the shakes. I took off the wheel to inspect everything and when the ring is on the hub it sits very snugly, but when placed inside the bore of the wheel itself it does not sit flush, but instead drops inside a bit. I believe this defeats the purpose of the rings and therefore they do not center my wheel. Anyone else have this problem or did I get the wrong set of rings? Im going to try and get a spacer thick enough to push out the ring and see if I still have the shakes or not. How thick are your rings? Mines are I believe 9mm

This is really frustrating since Ive already balanced my wheels out twice and still have the shakes. Ill keep everyone posted.
Old 08-25-08, 06:21 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

mine sit right inside the groove and tight on the hub. Actually after about a year it was stuck on the hub when I had to replace rotors. Took a little work to get it off without bending it.
Old 08-25-08, 06:29 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

mine sit tight on the hub as well, but not inside the wheel. Heres a pic to show what I mean. Notice how it is not flush with the wheel flange, but couple mm dropped inside. I installed some spacers I made that push the ring out but yet keep it on the hub so it does its job as centering the wheel. Ill take it up to speed again and ill see if there is a difference or not.

sorry for the crappy phone picture
Old 08-26-08, 01:45 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

thats basically what mine looks like. If that doesnt work put it on the hub and put the wheel over it. Than center the wheel on it and torque it down.
Old 08-26-08, 12:39 PM
Trav7414
Intermediate

I have Discount Tires replace metal hub rings on my 17" Enkie today for free. Inner dia. is 60.1, outer is 72.62
Old 08-26-08, 04:43 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

I dont think anyone gets what im saying. When the ring sits like that it has lots of free play. When you put your wheel on, thru the center cap hole try to move the ring around. I did this to mine and it was able to move around freely basically not doing its job. What you have to do to solve this problem is to space the ring out from the rotor and push it inside the wheel more therefore it will actually do its job in centering the wheel. If you look at the picture I posted' the space from the ring to the flat part of where the wheel mounts is the extra space the ring has to move around in. This should not exist in order for the ring to do what it is intended to do.
Old 09-06-08, 09:04 PM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by topman
I tried to order a set of hub centric rings for my wheel (350z 35th anniversary wheel 66.06mm -> 60.01mm) on 1010tire.com, but i got a reply from them and stated the hub centric rings won't work on OEM wheels, any ideas? thanks.

Heres the reply i got:

You recently placed an order with us for some hub centric rings, but there is a problem with the order. You left a note stating that these are for some OEM rims. Hub centric rings are designed for use with after market rims. After market wheels have a special "seat" machined into them for the hub ring to sit into. OEM wheels do not have this seat, so even if you get the size correct, they may not fit properly. If the rings do not sit flush, then the wheel may actually not sit flush on the hub of the vehicle and this will cause more vibration rather then less. As noted on our web site, we do not allow returns or exchanges on hub centric rings, so if you decide to proceed and they do not fit, you are stuck with them. Please reply to this E-mail and let us know if you want to proceed or if you prefer to cancel the order.

Thanks for this info. also.
Old 09-06-08, 09:43 PM
ISFjimmy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_CS
I dont think anyone gets what im saying. When the ring sits like that it has lots of free play. When you put your wheel on, thru the center cap hole try to move the ring around. I did this to mine and it was able to move around freely basically not doing its job. What you have to do to solve this problem is to space the ring out from the rotor and push it inside the wheel more therefore it will actually do its job in centering the wheel. If you look at the picture I posted' the space from the ring to the flat part of where the wheel mounts is the extra space the ring has to move around in. This should not exist in order for the ring to do what it is intended to do.
I understand what your saying. Maybe they shipped you the wrong size. Mine dont move at all.

Quick Reply: For people with G35 wheels, do you use hub centric rings?