GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Update on West Coast Mode Parfume GS (56k beware)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-07, 05:11 PM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on West Coast Mode Parfume GS (56k beware)

I've actually delayed posting updates on the car until after HIN and EOS, but since those have passed, here are some details on my long project.

Here is a little background on how this came to be. I've had the car for over 7 years and modded here and there. Over the years I met a lot of members on CL and many of you have been big influences on how I modded and what I did to the car. Years ago I really never thought of getting a body kit. I was more performance and handling and less of a show type of guy. Well as you will see that has changed. I still love to go through turns fast but now my car has also turned to the show portion.

This car was a daily driver until I bought a beater to save gas, but it is no trailer queen.

Color on the car is Alpine Silver with Gold Pearl. I resprayed the entire car when I put the kit on.

Now some may ask why UAS and not something easier to install like Airrunner? Well the biggest issue for me was handling. I really didn't want to go air, but with the kit and my car slammed I was 3.5 inches off the ground. That's no good for the bad roads of Norcal. So I chose this system. To my knowledge this is the only car that still has full EDFC capabilities. I also have all the TOM's braces and Daizen sway bars and other suspension add ons. So the car still rides fairly stiff when need be.

Many locals in Norcal and few folks down in Socal have helped me along the way and they know who they are. For the current phase that you will see I will mention a few since they were very instrumental in helping create what you see before you.

Below is what my trunk used to look like. There were panels that covered everything up but I removed them before I took the pictures.

Now onto the transformation. In the VIP forums I had pictures of the car being torn apart, so I won't post those here, but I will show the air sus install we did at the house.

I have to thank Solo & UAS for the time and developing the first hybrid CS / UAS coilover system for the GS. ACLEANSC4 currently has a CS/UAS set up on is SC and it looks great.

Also the Audio portion I redid myself except for the suede work. Will aka TAMR_GUS98 did all the electrical wiring for the air suspension while I did the majority of the plumbing and install. The air system easily took 30 plus hours to complete.

Ok now for the pictures.

We had to split the valves in order to clear the mounting points of the mode parfume bumper. I actually had to assemble the hose after the bumper was almost put on due to the mounting points.

rear Tein CS with UAS bag. If you look closely at the lower mounting bracket, it is actually 10 pieces that has to be designed so the bag would fit on the shock. Currently I'm testing it to see if it needs any tweaking. So far so good.

One of my concerns was reaching my spare in my old audio set up. So after seeing how DAVEGS4 did his system, I had to duplicate it somewhat so I could have access to my spare as well as make room for the tank and compressors.

Above each amp is Stinger crossflow fan that is temperature activated at 90 degrees.

Last edited by lightwave76; 03-21-17 at 08:07 PM. Reason: updated info
Old 10-03-07, 05:12 PM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

Pictures of the compressors on a custom made shelf with crossflow fans.

To get the shelving and brackets to fit perfectly took about 8 hrs of test fitting and placement. All worth it.

Very tight fit of the 2nd amp with crossovers and air tank with digital sending unit and pressure sensors. There is only 1/4 of an inch space between the trunk and the tank.

Here is the trunk finished in black suede.

Here is the tank finished. Notice the quick release on the tank? That is for emergency use of an air ratchet or to fill air in a tire if needed.

Close up of 12W7

Last edited by lightwave76; 03-21-17 at 08:08 PM. Reason: fixed image
Old 10-03-07, 05:12 PM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

Custom mount EDFC (thanks to TAMR_GUS98 for the idea).

Custom mount digital controller with working cigarette lighter. (took about 6 hours to get it to fit perfect) And it closes!

Antenna for remote control of the air system

Custom mount dvd changer & IPOD interface to AVICZ-1

Last edited by lightwave76; 03-21-17 at 08:08 PM.
Old 10-03-07, 05:13 PM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

Fully up.

All the way down

Last edited by lightwave76; 03-21-17 at 08:08 PM.
Old 10-03-07, 05:15 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Nice ICE set-up, your car looks great too
Old 10-03-07, 05:21 PM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks Seize. Next I need to mod the fenders (no time due to shows) and get a better fitment with an more aggressive offset.
Old 10-03-07, 05:25 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

looks dope Chris! You can really see how wide those front fenders are. What's the offset on the wheels? Congrats on the HIN win also!
Old 10-03-07, 05:34 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

The front bumper and kit look amazing.. Looks like a lot of extensive work went into this project.. Congrats on the new mods..
Old 10-03-07, 05:49 PM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by speedaddic
looks dope Chris! You can really see how wide those front fenders are. What's the offset on the wheels? Congrats on the HIN win also!
Thanks Thomas.
Wheels are +41 and +36. These wheels will be going soon after the JDM theory show to make way for rims that will look just right. Not sure which rims though.
Old 10-03-07, 05:58 PM
qlex56
Lead Lap

very nice
Old 10-03-07, 06:07 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lightwave76
Thanks Thomas.
Wheels are +41 and +36. These wheels will be going soon after the JDM theory show to make way for rims that will look just right. Not sure which rims though.
check out the Leons Hardiritts man... I love how the front bumper barely clears the ground. That's so tight
Old 10-03-07, 06:24 PM
chrispy
Forum Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Coilovers with airbags WITH Tein EDFC. Suspension control doesn't get any better than that.
Old 10-03-07, 06:31 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice
Old 10-03-07, 06:41 PM
bverschage
Driver

well done
Old 10-03-07, 06:56 PM
DRAG2GS300
Lead Lap

that's one bad *** silver bullet.....

Quick Reply: Update on West Coast Mode Parfume GS (56k beware)