GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

GS 400 keyed and sitting on bricks

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-07, 03:55 PM
17gs400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damnn thats suck, but dont worry, who ever stole ur parts on the lex. Gonna get run over by a LEXUS one day.
Old 09-06-07, 04:42 PM
RI-Lex
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That sucks man damn haters, thats why I always keep my car in garage, but it's a tight fix with my bike in there
Old 09-06-07, 05:32 PM
SloGS400
Pole Position

Thanks for the support guys, I appreciate it. I'm still waiting on the adjuster to come out and take a look at it. I've talked to him on the phone and he told me that the most they'll pay to replace wheels is $1000. I thought they were at least supposed to get the car back into stock condition and if they did that than stock wheels and tires should come out to more than $1K. Either way, it's really not about the money. I'm just mostly upset about the fact that my car is sitting in front of my home in that condition.

Went to one of the wheels shops in my area and they have a set of used 3 piece Racing Harts for 800 bucks on consignment. The wheels are staggered 19's and come with tires that have about 50% wear. Not a bad interim solution to at least get off those bricks. What do you guys think?

I'm definitely looking into getting some type of aftermarket alarm with shock sensor and so on once I get this situation resolved.
Old 09-06-07, 05:37 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

next time just put a electric fence up, that should stop em but do u have any problems with anyone u know?
Old 09-06-07, 07:12 PM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

damn, gl in restoring your GS.
Old 09-06-07, 10:13 PM
whazzzzuup
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

What kind of wheels were on there? You should let the forum members know so they can be on the lookout (internet-wise). If something comes up, they can let you know. Good luck with the repair processes.
Old 09-06-07, 11:48 PM
DJ TANTRA
Lexus Test Driver

look for em...and give em hell
Old 09-07-07, 12:15 AM
whazzzzuup
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ TANTRA
look for em...and give em hell
That is always an option, but it may not be the best choice. It would be silly to get injured or killed over materialistic things. Some thieves have nothing to lose; whereas you have everything. Sometimes, a person does not have access to a garage. Anti-theft devices are good, but if they really want it, they will always find a way to get it. They will eventually get what's coming to them. It still sucks, though. To get something taken from you that you have worked hard for is always a *****. It may not be tomorrow, but it will happen, without a doubt.
Old 09-07-07, 08:51 AM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

damn, that really sucks bro. how bad is the keying on the car paint? i guess now is a good time to invest in a good set of wheel locks.

got any pics by the way so we can see the damage?
Old 09-07-07, 09:15 AM
DJ TANTRA
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by whazzzzuup
That is always an option, but it may not be the best choice. It would be silly to get injured or killed over materialistic things. Some thieves have nothing to lose; whereas you have everything. Sometimes, a person does not have access to a garage. Anti-theft devices are good, but if they really want it, they will always find a way to get it. They will eventually get what's coming to them. It still sucks, though. To get something taken from you that you have worked hard for is always a *****. It may not be tomorrow, but it will happen, without a doubt.
Yeah but hte keying seems to be a personal vendetta...I dont think it was just a robbery..

I think someone had problems with him ans is too much of a wuss to fight him so screwed around with his car...
Old 09-07-07, 11:09 AM
vborder
Lead Lap

Dang, i feel for you man!.. That kind of stuff is not cool at all I hope you are doing better, i know that feeling won't go away for awhile, but we're here to support you bro
Old 09-07-07, 11:24 AM
darchard
Driver

Thumbs down

That completely sucks.....good luck with the fix. Will the bastards come back?
Old 09-07-07, 01:25 PM
oki_boy
Pole Position

Don't **** with a man's family or his car. Those are the rules. They'll get theirs someday.
Old 09-07-07, 03:47 PM
rayy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by whazzzzuup
True.. well, hopefully this idea of karma is true. I really did consider doing horrible & unimaginable things to the guy that recently rammed into the side of my car. But like you said, the guy probably has nothing to lose, meanwhile I have a lot to lose. It's really not worth it, at least not over something that you could replace.
Old 09-07-07, 06:00 PM
ECUgs430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang! What part of NC are you? I dont know if this was already asked but did you have wheel locks on there?

Quick Reply: GS 400 keyed and sitting on bricks