GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Door Lock Acutuators DIY ???

Old 04-02-15, 09:21 AM
KeyKeeper
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No they are different.
Old 04-02-15, 11:47 AM
Tallgeese
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody know where I can get actuators for the front driver & passenger side doors that aren't $250+? I've only been able to find the rear actuators and the dealer replaced those when I got my GS. I can replace the whole part but I already know I'm not adept enough to replace the individual motors.
Old 04-02-15, 11:55 AM
GS3KID
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tallgeese
Does anybody know where I can get actuators for the front driver & passenger side doors that aren't $250+? I've only been able to find the rear actuators and the dealer replaced those when I got my GS. I can replace the whole part but I already know I'm not adept enough to replace the individual motors.
http://stores.ebay.com/actuatorsplus...=2001+lexus+gs

here's someone that sells fully rebuilt w/warranties. your still looking at 100-180$ rebuilt though.
Old 04-02-15, 12:05 PM
Tallgeese
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GS3KID
http://stores.ebay.com/actuatorsplus...=2001+lexus+gs

here's someone that sells fully rebuilt w/warranties. your still looking at 100-180$ rebuilt though.
Huge thanks... that price is far more reasonable IMO.
Old 04-11-15, 11:54 AM
sivikvtec
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks to all the info in here, I just replaced my left rear door actuator motor!

Besides the tedious job of getting the actuator housing open, the only difficulty was that I could not get the actuator out by pulling on the interior door handle cable. However, once I reached up into the door and played with that metal lever while pulling out the actuator assembly, I was good to go
Old 04-11-15, 02:51 PM
wbmx1981
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Door will not lock/unlock.

Update: I see what I did wrong. The coupler was too loose on the shaft, there it was just spinning.

Last edited by wbmx1981; 04-12-15 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-14-15, 08:02 AM
GS3KID
Driver

i pulled my RR actuator motor apart which has been opened by someone else before, when i opened it and pulled out the motor the cog came out to and the spring behind it unloaded itself too i cant figure out the way its supposed to wind and the cog my have broken idk what its supposed to look like. but i know somethings wrong cuz now when the door lock it is EXTREMELY stiff. where i have to physicaly unlock it and it takes a fair amount of force.

does anyone know how to fix this? or can show me a pic what it should look like?
Old 04-15-15, 02:25 AM
disgraced
Driver School Candidate

Default Locks in Reverse?

Hi,
I have done and redone this procedure 10x but still can't figure this out.
I can't understand why the offending door locks when I depress unlock and all other doors remain unlocked. It does the opposite of the others basically.
I have obviously done something wrong but can't see what.
Could the motor be a dud that has reversed polarity or something?
Old 04-15-15, 12:25 PM
lexo98
Racer

Received 263 Likes on 226 Posts

i pulled my RR actuator motor apart which has been opened by someone else before, when i opened it and pulled out the motor the cog came out to and the spring behind it unloaded itself too i cant figure out the way its supposed to wind and the cog my have broken idk what its supposed to look like. but i know somethings wrong cuz now when the door lock it is EXTREMELY stiff. where i have to physicaly unlock it and it takes a fair amount of force.

does anyone know how to fix this? or can show me a pic what it should look like?
Its difficult to explain, but I had the same issue when I did one of my doors. Take a deep breathe and look at the assembly again. From what I remember that spring needs to have tension on it when its reinstalled. I think I figured out how to do it when I took apart another one of my actuators.
Old 04-15-15, 12:42 PM
GS3KID
Driver

Originally Posted by lexo98
Its difficult to explain, but I had the same issue when I did one of my doors. Take a deep breathe and look at the assembly again. From what I remember that spring needs to have tension on it when its reinstalled. I think I figured out how to do it when I took apart another one of my actuators.
thank you for the help! and i will do that but im scared to ruin one of my own so im gonna buy one of those cheaper 2pin ones off ebay and take it apart
Old 04-15-15, 01:12 PM
wbmx1981
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

thank you for the help! and i will do that but im scared to ruin one of my own so im gonna buy one of those cheaper 2pin ones off ebay and take it apart
I did the same thing. It's really not a big deal afterall, I was crushed at first, but figured it out. I hope these pictures help. I borrowed these pics from another 2GS door fix thread.
Attached Thumbnails Door Lock Acutuators   DIY ???-actuator-spring-fix2.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 04-15-15, 01:29 PM
GS3KID
Driver

Originally Posted by wbmx1981
I did the same thing. It's really not a big deal afterall, I was crushed at first, but figured it out. I hope these pictures help. I borrowed these pics from another 2GS door fix thread.

thats perfect!! cool ill see if that fixes my issues thanks!
Old 04-16-15, 01:25 AM
disgraced
Driver School Candidate

Update on the reverse lock/unlock.
Purchased my motors off eBay,
Seller said they were the mabuchi (or however they're spelt) motors of same part number.
I received them and should have been alarmed when the shafts were too long.
I put the std motor back in but it's stuffed.
The Chinese bought motors spun the opposite direction to the factory motors.

Hope this helps people make sure to buy the genuine brand and double check!
Old 05-27-15, 07:51 PM
mkpoto
Rookie

thanks for the info this is great
Old 06-23-15, 07:38 AM
GS3KID
Driver

Default found a Dupe

so i figured out what was wrong with my RR door lock actuator, i guess i was too aggressive with removing the seal on the actuator so when i put it back together near the top by the gear it was bent where it had maybe a 1mm gap at best. i guess this was enough for the gear to torque off the spring and cause it to jam and not slide any more.

anyways found a super cheap actuator on good ole Ebay ( THAT ACTUALLY WORKS ) and its worked for a bout a week consistently now, which is the longest my door has worked in forever, I'll post up if it doesn't last long

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271899326264?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Door Lock Acutuators DIY ???