GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Door Lock Acutuators DIY ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-09, 07:30 PM
bcorreia
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Thank you TRD and everyone else that hav contributed

Thank you for creating this great DIY. I completed my first motor replacement today. All is working great at this time. I would have spent several hundred $ without your knowledge. The hardest thing was getting the copper piece off the new motor. Luckly I purchased 4 motors. The first one I started with wouldn't turn after pulling the copper piece off. One recommendation is to pull the door handle out. I found it much eaiser to connect the arms back to the handle from the out side working through the opening.
Old 02-10-09, 11:06 AM
DrDan
Rookie

My drivers door on my '03 RX300 is flaky. I thought it might be a simple case of a cable that needed lubrication, but not so. Then I discovered this forum. I have no problem tackling this job as described. I have experience doing similar things on my '84 MB 300 SD. First concern is determining the polarity of the motor leads. Second unknown is should I maintain the same relative position of the circular worm gear when the case is opened and closed? And... the ever present question will the FC280PT -22125 fit in my RX300 without modifications other than the drive shaft concerns? Thanks.
Old 02-12-09, 09:00 PM
SoloKaMGS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just did all mine all 4 so happy hahhaha and got new handles son
Old 02-13-09, 08:22 AM
handzilla
Pit Crew

Anyone in or close to Ohio that would like to help me do this or do it for me if I pay $?
Old 02-14-09, 07:19 AM
Vartan
Driver School Candidate

Default door lock actuator

Are you saying this is the replacement motor that would fix the door lock actuator? If so this is a home run post. Always happier to spend $2.00 instead of $200.00

QUOTE=TRD911;2716471]I have edited this because there has been several questions about finding these motors on EBAY. The seller's name is tag16c and if you are looking for the motors a good place to start your search is "Mabuchi" the part number that we have been using FC 280PT-22125 If you go to Mabuchi website you can also see there are several other that will work but they want you buy quantities that are high, like 10K, there only like 30 cents a piece. I have attached a picture from tag16c 's auction I do not think he would mind. When I look for the auction I start by typing in Mabuchi then look for that picture below that I posted. I hope this helps. I know that this DIY takes a lot of different turns and it can be hard to follow. I have about 10 motors as spares... I hope this helps.

I did my drivers side door lock actuator today. I took several pics. Would anyone be interested in a small write up with several pics? I would hate to invest time in a topic no one would be interested in. Any comments. Do you guys wanna see my pics? I have never done a DIY but I did it myself and it was not toooooo bad. Feedback will help motivate me. Thanks, B[/QUOTE]
Old 02-17-09, 10:23 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

as nike says..........just do it
Old 02-17-09, 11:01 AM
TRD911
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I would love to see your pictures~~

BP

Originally Posted by Vartan
Are you saying this is the replacement motor that would fix the door lock actuator? If so this is a home run post. Always happier to spend $2.00 instead of $200.00

QUOTE=TRD911;2716471]I have edited this because there has been several questions about finding these motors on EBAY. The seller's name is tag16c and if you are looking for the motors a good place to start your search is "Mabuchi" the part number that we have been using FC 280PT-22125 If you go to Mabuchi website you can also see there are several other that will work but they want you buy quantities that are high, like 10K, there only like 30 cents a piece. I have attached a picture from tag16c 's auction I do not think he would mind. When I look for the auction I start by typing in Mabuchi then look for that picture below that I posted. I hope this helps. I know that this DIY takes a lot of different turns and it can be hard to follow. I have about 10 motors as spares... I hope this helps.

I did my drivers side door lock actuator today. I took several pics. Would anyone be interested in a small write up with several pics? I would hate to invest time in a topic no one would be interested in. Any comments. Do you guys wanna see my pics? I have never done a DIY but I did it myself and it was not toooooo bad. Feedback will help motivate me. Thanks, B
[/QUOTE]
Old 02-17-09, 01:08 PM
Patsfan
Driver

Hopefully these become available elsewhere. Unless someone here has one floating around they want to sell. My driver side door went a few months ago :-(
Old 02-18-09, 05:02 PM
vrodama
Driver School Candidate

Default DC motors

I have been searching for these motors on Ebay and appears no one has them right now. Not even tag16c. Anyone know where else we can get them?

Thank you.
Old 02-20-09, 08:02 AM
southsyde
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TRD911
I would love to see your pictures~~

BP
[/QUOTE]

TRD... i was wondering if you are still offering to do the motors.. $20 plus i pay shipping both ways?

thanks
Old 02-20-09, 02:52 PM
TRD911
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I can yes. let me know.

BP
Old 02-25-09, 11:52 AM
Patsfan
Driver

I've not been searching non-stop for 2 weeks and cannot find anything. Its more frustrating knowing that there is an easy solution but the part is impossible to get, than not knowing about the solution!!
Old 02-25-09, 12:10 PM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Patsfan
I've not been searching non-stop for 2 weeks and cannot find anything. Its more frustrating knowing that there is an easy solution but the part is impossible to get, than not knowing about the solution!!
These are way more expensive than what I paid, but way cheaper than Lexus. I'm sure there are cheaper ones out there, but I figured I'd throw this at you. $30 shipped for 4. Currently 6 available.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...78#description
Old 02-25-09, 12:14 PM
Patsfan
Driver

Sweet. I'll check it out.

I assume this is the same motor that "tag16c" was selling on eBay? I only need 1 of them for my driver's side door.

Thanks!!!
Old 02-25-09, 12:18 PM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Patsfan
Sweet. I'll check it out.

I assume this is the same motor that "tag16c" was selling on eBay? I only need 1 of them for my driver's side door.

Thanks!!!
Yes, the auction says "Manufacturer Part Number: FC-280PT-22125" which is the same part number referrenced in post #271.

Quick Reply: Door Lock Acutuators DIY ???